Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster, checking ticket availibilty online

Options
  • 23-06-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

This is probably the wrong place for this question but couldn't find anywhere better.
    Anyway, I am trying to book some tickets for a show that there is loads of dates (13+), all the dates have "find tickets" beside them but are sold out. Is there a way to check the sold out shows instead of clicking every date and having to enter the CAPTCHA every single time?
    I do remember that it use to say "not available" instead of "find tickets", is this gone now?

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

In some cases, you could check the promoter's website (MCD, Aiken, POD, et al) and it might mention there if the show is sold out or not. Otherwise, you just have to check for yourself on TM.

I think TM don't put a big sold out message because tickets could become available later on if tickets allotted for the artist(s), media, competitions, etc aren't taken up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

JJ wrote: »
    In some cases, you could check the promoter's website (MCD, Aiken, POD, et al) and it might mention there if the show is sold out or not. Otherwise, you just have to check for yourself on TM.

I think TM don't put a big sold out message because tickets could become available later on if tickets allotted for the artist(s), media, competitions, etc aren't taken up.

As far as I am aware, ticketmaster cannot announce that a gig is sold out until the promoter announces it. If they say it is sold out it has marketing implications on how the gig is promoted. Don't know why they dont have a sign saying "tickets unavailable" to speed up the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jimbobtravis

i hope i can get help here with this question. i have just purchased snow patrol tickets in pheonix park on ticketmaster online. it says that the section is stand, but is general admission. does that mean that there is a seating area, or is it all standing, so the word stand actaully means standing. hopefully they are standing as we are going in a big group.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its all standing, they just say Stand and have a code so each ticket is an assigned number.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bren2001 wrote: »
    Don't know why they dont have a sign saying "tickets unavailable" to speed up the process.
    Its shockingly poor service, laughable when you think how much they make with their ridiculous 'service' fees. Even when you are properly logged in you have to suffer the same captcha crap, which are unusually difficult on their site.

so the word stand actaully means standing.
    Yeah, means standing, always causes confusion esp. for stadium gigs -another astonishing oversight from the brilliant minds in ticketmaster. I've seen smarter dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Dont know why they cant have a function to look for tickets and then they show you what nights are available rather than having to click into each one. Drives me nuts! :(

Advertisement