Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I connect my xbox through my laptop using wireless internet?

Options
  • 23-06-2012 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

I have broadband and it's on the laptop.

The question I want answered is can I connect the xbox to my laptop? Or would I have to connect it directly to the modem?

If not, is there a wireless thingy you can buy to put onto the xbox, if so, how much does it cost and is there anything else you need to do to get set up? :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

it's been a while since i've done it but yeah. set up sharing on the wireless connection on the laptop. connect the xbox to the laptop via the ethernet cable (may need crossover cable but iirc the standard ethernet cable works fine).

or else you can get the wireless adapter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

theteal wrote: »
    it's been a while since i've done it but yeah. set up sharing on the wireless connection on the laptop. connect the xbox to the laptop via the ethernet cable (may need crossover cable but iirc the standard ethernet cable works fine).

or else you can get the wireless adapter

Woooo :D You've made me a very happy man ;)

Advertisement