Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2009 gsxr600

• 23-06-2012 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭

well the car and now the ninja are gone, so looking to buy a 2009 gsxr600, does anyone have any experience with what to look out for with them..common problems.. i have a mate coming with me who is going to take it for a ride to see what its feels like, i have ridden one before and loved it...

the only thing now is i have to restrict it, i have heard from a few different places including the shop i am getting it from , that it will not take the fi kit and must be ecu and unless i can source this my self i am looking at 500 odd notes for a new ecu.. i have spoken to a lad i know in a suzuki garage and he said he would see if he can get one for me from suzuki as they will provide one free with any new bike you buy...

i also had a look on ebay/adverts they seem to be slim pickings but there are a few around, has anyone actually done it to a 2009-2011 gsxr? as some say it will slot right in, others say you need a new key etc and others say it won't work unless its coded to the chassis...confused.com i tell ya...there was me thinking it was going to be a breeze..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

Any particular reason youre going for a 2009 model? Reason I ask is that since the downturn which started in 2008 there has been less new bikes being registered so it obviously reduces the amount coming up for sale secondhand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

no particular reason to be honest, other than getting a good deal on a very clean low milage bike from a garage close to home...
    i would prefer to buy as new as possible and the newest that seem to fit are the 2009/2010 ones around...

but if someone gives a good enough reason to stay away from them i might have to rethink my position...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

try and confirm from your mate in the garage, that if you just drop in the new ecu, you wont need to swap the ignition (+keys) out, to circumvent the immobiliser

Im pretty sure you can get an FI International one for the 2009 model, but could be worth the cost of an email to them:
    http://www.fiinternational.com/ShowDetails.asp?name=GSXR600&type=Suzuki

Advertisement