Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York bullies abuse 68 year old bus monitor

• 23-06-2012 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

I saw this today, I felt so bad after watching it, it's so horribly cruel!

There's a campaign to give her a holiday, apparently it's raised over $600,000.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

What's a bus monitor?

Is it like a trainspotter?

Can someone save me 10 minutes and tell me if I feel outraged or just find this funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

I saw this today, I felt so bad after watching it, it's so horribly cruel!

There's a campaign to give her a holiday, apparently it's raised over $600,000.

Three Bruce Willis well well well's for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Can someone save me 10 minutes and tell me if I feel outraged or just find this funny?

Here's a 2 minute condensed video from the Guardian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

was on the radio a few days ago ... random people raised over $600K to offer the poor lady a holiday or something to compensate her for this disgraceful behaviour.

Will the school do anything ??? the kids voices are clear and should be easy to identify them... some of the school teachers may know the voices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The donations from the public have topped $600,000 and keep rising

PCPhoto wrote: »
    was on the radio a few days ago ... random people raised over $60K to offer the poor lady a holiday or something to compensate her for this disgraceful behaviour.

Will the school do anything ??? the kids voices are clear and should be easy to identify them... some of the school teachers may know the voices.

Apparently the Police have been called in, the students are clearly named in the video description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

One of them apologized, the lad with the camera

Litte runt!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    One of them apologized, the lad with the camera

Litte runt!

That's so crawling! Like peer pressure is no excuse, he's of the age when he's responsible for his actions! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Jesus, if any crowd of shiiates needed a good slap of a wavin pipe, these do.
    And I'm offering my services and wavin pipe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Rasheed wrote: »
    Jesus, if any crowd of shiiates needed a good slap of a wavin pipe, these do.
    And I'm offering my services and wavin pipe!
    #

while your at it, give the parents a few whacks for rearing their kids like feckin animals......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

bgrizzley wrote: »
    #

while your at it, give the parents a few whacks for rearing their kids like feckin animals......

True. Or if the parents had any cop, they'd have worn the young lads heads against the wall already.

Seriously hate that bullying Shiite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Where is Epic Beard Guy when he was needed, he'd have opened a can of whoop ass on those little punks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

You missed the bus OP....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I heard that one of the guys number has been released by 4chan and he received 1000 missed calls in a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The world is cruel ****ing place at times.

I totally despise bullies and nobody should be made feel that low,like that poor woman was.

Those kids deserve a good lesson in manners starting with few smacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

$600,000 for being teased? I could put up with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

The poor woman! I feel very bad for her, she's someone's mother or grandmother. She doesn't look like she is able to cope in that job even on a good day.

Who on earth would rage such ferral children? If they've no respect for even the elderly in society, they are just scum. I hope they are given a taste of their own medicine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

nevermind naming the children, name the parents and expose them for the pathetic job they have done with their pampered spoilt brats of children.

maybe get the children to explain on national tv, to the mayor , why they felt it ok to abuse someone in that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

What is really upsetting about this video is the children making the comments about how the woman's family probably committed suicide to get away from her and aparently her son did intact kill himself 10 years ago.

I have a mother about that lady's age and it broke my heart to see her crying like that.she deserves every cent of the funds donated to her.

Not one to bleat on about the youth of today in a negative fashion as I'm only 24 myself, but I read that all of these kids actually come from good and wealthy backgrounds which makes me wonder why the new generations coming up behind me seem so ****e1 up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Watched the start, that was enough. Painful viewing.
    Confab wrote: »
    $600,000 for being teased? I could put up with that.
    Bullied really. Teased implies something a lot milder.

I'm not a bit surprised they're from wealthy backgrounds - it's the kinda stuff pampered, over-privileged kids would do. But then again they could have good parents - it's not only crap parents who have sh1tbag kids. Sometimes it's peers that cause it. It's amazing the lengths some will go to fit in with the "cool" crowd. If I had teens who did that to a vulnerable, defenceless person, so ****ing help me! These kids might be getting a parental bollicking too - hopefully.

What kinda tard posts it to YouTube and thinks they'll get away with it - lol.

I'm surprised it's not taken down - the global sharing of it is just further humiliating her.

smurgen wrote: »
    What is really upsetting about this video is the children making the comments about how the woman's family probably committed suicide to get away from her and aparently her son did intact kill himself 10 years ago.

I have a mother about that lady's age and it broke my heart to see her crying like that.she deserves every cent of the funds donated to her.

Not one to bleat on about the youth of today in a negative fashion as I'm only 24 myself, but I read that all of these kids actually come from good and wealthy backgrounds which makes me wonder why the new generations coming up behind me seem so ****e1 up.

Ah here, less of the generalising, I'm 16 and after watching that I felt so bad I donated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

One threads enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement