Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Dilemma

• 23-06-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hey all,

So last Feb i had a dull boring blonde color and i was a bit bored of it so tried something new by going brown!
    However, i soon got sick of that cos the roots looked awful, dyed it about 4 times altogether since Feb.

Last month i wanted to go back to my natural color and so i bought "color b4" which did nothing to my hair to be honest.

Yesterday i bought bleach for my hair and a blonde hair dye. So bleached it yesterday anyway, results were pretty awful which i sort of expected from the bleach also i put it on my roots last as instructed and they are wayyy lighter than the rest. Left a conditioner in my hair over night to repair any dryness, i washed that out this morning, let my hair dry and then dyed it, it looks awful its a yellowy bleachy looking blonde.

Now im stuck on what to do next, i cant put anything in my hair or it will dry it out altogether, its so awful i don't think i am going to leave the house until i can do something with it, i cant afford to go to a hairdresser its way too expensive. Can anybody recommend anything i could do?? all i want is to have a normal as natural as possible looking blonde =(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Don't do anything else with it for a few weeks to let it settle a bit. In the meantime, get a water rinse to tone down the brassiness a bit, you should get them in most pharmacies.

To be honest, I don't think you're going to have much choice but to go to a hairdressers to have it sorted, so it might be a good idea to start throwing a few quid a week aside while you're waiting for it to settle. Most salons require models on a weekly basis, so it might be worth ringing around (pick ones that are known for colouring) and asking them can you come in as a model, but make sure you explain what you've done in full. You never know, they might be delighted to have you as a masterclass in how to fix a bad DIY dye job (and believe me, they see these all the time, so don't be embarrassed about it).

And I'm the sure the OP has realised by now, but I really, really wouldn't recommend anyone tries to bleach their hair at home.

Advertisement