Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I Dreamed A Dream" - Boardsies hopes/aspirations for the future

Options
  • 23-06-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, so I was a little bored today and started daydreaming about the future. It's a daunting area, the future, but corny as it sounds, dreams can give us so much liberation from reality. So I'm curious; what are y'all's hopes/dreams for your future? Completely disregard the current economic bladdy-blah, your own current circumstances, issues that in reality may hinder your pursuit of your goals, and just pour out all of your wildest ambitions. Lemme get the ball rolling with some of my own ;) Become a boxing champion at European level, make a million €€€ by the time I'm 30, start my own personal training/sports coaching business, or gym, become a published author, go on a cruise in the Carribean, eat a fried Mars Bar, move to America (preferrably New York but this could change), meet Katie Taylor, Bruce Springsteen, Jeremy Clarkson, and several other heroes :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Emperor of Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Going to Mars. But also getting back to Earth in one piece...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

A short but successful stint as a hand model.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm going to continue my training and be the best possible chef I can be. I want to go far in the pastry world and eventually own my own little patisserie/coffee shop. My unrealistic goal is that my little cosy shop will earn at least one michelin star.

I also want to visit as many countries and continents as possible. I love travelling and intend on doing as much as I possibly can.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Becoming president of Compu-Global-Hyper-Mega Net...maybe vice-preside--NO,WAIT!...Junior vice-president! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

My main dream is to be happy.

*Insert John Lennon quote here*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

United States Air Force fighter pilot.
    Decided when I was 9 and haven't stopped dreaming and hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I will rule you all.........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Mostly mine include..

Getting through college with a decent degree.
    Go abroad for to work for a year. America/Canada/Australia, I don't care :D
    Getting engaged to the boyfriend within the next year.
    I also want to learn to knit.

I'm so boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Get a decent degree, maybe do a post grad in something interesting, eventually get a job I don't hate. My goals are very mundane and realistic.

My fantasy goals on the other hand involve me using this science degree to become some sort brilliant forensic private detective thing, who solves crimes with my trusty cat side kick. I'd probably give myself magical powers as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Do ridiculously fúcking well in post grad, then do a PhD, post doc and win the Nobel Prize for EVERYTHING. Then go travel the world with my millions, visiting every single country at least once. And when all that's done I'll almost be 30 and will consider finding someone almost as awesome as me to form a highly acclaimed ambient/drone/dream pop/synthpop/noise rock duo with, whilst simultaneously becoming involved in many passionate, short-lived and disastrous love affairs.......

....more realistically, my goal is to not fail my post grad and be able to get a semi-decent job that pays the bills and doesn't make me wanna eat myself out of sheer boredom. Then maybe I could travel around Europe (every country in the world is a bit difficult but every country in Europe should be doable.) If I'm lucky I'll make a friend or two along the way.

On a more personal/emo note, probably the biggest aspiration for my future is to not have to live with depression and self-hatred anymore. Have definitely been improving but it's not really something you can control. If I could kill demons rather than just trying to keep them away with medication.....that'd be really really good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

One of the main things I want to do is travel. Hopefully when I get this dissertation out of the way then I can save up a bitta money and make my way to some foreign parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I don't have any dreams, if I said anything it'd be made up off the top of my head. I suppose I've always wanted to do some travelling which I hope to do in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

- Go to Australia for a year someday
    - Hopefully get into my first choice university and get my degree
    - Go travelling
    - Go to either Hawaii/Bahammas
    - Swim with dolphins
    - Climb Killamanjaro
    - Go on a safari
    - Get married

Kill all humans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Kill all humans

Well there's one of my dreams fulfilled - thank you, oh great Chinholio for posting in one of my threads :D

SChique00 wrote: »
    Well there's one of my dreams fulfilled - thank you, oh great Chinholio for posting in one of my threads :D

yeah you better bow woman.....man....Snoopy......

yeah you better bow woman.....man....Snoopy......

Female Snoopy fan ;)

Female Snoopy fan ;)

2 excellent choices

2 excellent choices

Merci beaucoup - and pardon me for questioning your life ambitions, oh great one, but I'm sure Chuck Norris will have something to say about your planned killing spree.... :pac:

• Advertisement

Merci beaucoup - and pardon me for questioning your life ambitions, oh great one, but I'm sure Chuck Norris will have something to say about your planned killing spree.... :pac:

How do you know he isnt in on the plan >_>

But he wouldn't... he couldn't... he's WALKER, Texas Ranger! :O

But he wouldn't... he couldn't... he's WALKER, Texas Ranger! :O

Such innocence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

This thread is about dreams...That would be my greatest nightmare!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I want to live in a large town/small city in either Germany, Austria or Switzerland, working as a translator for the EU, with a holiday home in the wilderness in northern Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I definitely wanna travel.
    I wanna do well in my last stint of teaching practice.
    I want to get a good degree.
    I want to find a nice teaching job and not lose my love of it.
    I want to go back and do a postgrad in Counselling and Guidance.

I also wanna build my own house, that's a really big one for me actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

I dream of playing in a band on stage on a sell out tour around the world :cool:

It will come true one day :P

JGLGQ6--75820203835855863.jpg
    DREAM EDIT: Marry this man... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

When I lived in Holland, I really enjoyed it, and would love to live in Amsterdam permanently. Other than that, get a job where I get to use some kind of talent I have, get together with someone and just live life. Mainly just want to enjoy my youth for now though, starting to realise it really doesn't last long..

• Advertisement
Advertisement