Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse on half livery south dublin?

Options
  • 23-06-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    anyone know of any equestrian centres in south dublin that offer horses on half livery - school master type? just thinking of getting back into riding and was thinking of first getting some refresher lessons and then possible having a horse on half livery. Had been riding for a couple of years but gave it up as I lost confidence after a fall and was very nervous from then on cantering so mostly avoiding cantering. I want to sort out my fear of cantering, so if anyone knows of a good centre for lessons south dublin I would appreciate any info.

Thanks
    Maeve;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

If you're nervous of cantering then I don't think many stables would allow you to take on a horse for half livery and I don't think it's the right option for you. I personally lost confidence a few years ago and have been trying to build it back since, my advice to you is forget about group lessons, get private lessons and lunge lessons. I couldn't afford private lessons every week so I only got to ride fortnightly, the one to one really builds you up your confidence! I cannot stress how much confidence I have gained from privates lessons since the start of the year.

I hear Brennanstown in Bray is a good yard although I haven't had the chance to ride there yet as there is a long waiting list! There is also Killegar in Enniskerry and Carrickmines Equestrian in Carrickmines up the road from Killegar.I live in south dublin myself however I ride in West Dublin. There is a great yard out by Blessington called Hampton Lodge very good instructors there and it's a new yard, there is then Coolmine Equestrian in Saggart, Coolmine may be good for you as they do refreshers lesson packages for great deals. When I lost a lot of confidence I did a few privates there and found them great!

Go visit a few yards around Dublin, don't choose one just because it's near! Travelling the extra 10-15 minutes may be a large difference in teaching level.
    One thing I've learned along the way in my 8 years of riding is rebuilding confidence takes time, a lot of time so don't rush yourself at all and just search for the right horse to help you get there!

Advertisement