Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent supplement/allowance cheque not lodged.

Options
  • 23-06-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭

My tennant still hasn't lodged the rent supplement cheque for this month in to my account,last month it was 2 weeks late,is there any way I can get the money paid directly in to my bank account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

i know Ive always had to write a short note or visit the CWO when asking for the rent allowance to be paid directly to my LL.
    The agreement is between the CWO and the tenant to help them towards the rent. I dont know if a quick call to the CWO who looks after your area might help, just letting them know that you are not being paid on time.
    I know here that if the monthly form is not submitted on time that rent allowance can be suspended for that month. Its happened to me last month and once before last year. Was the form you fill in saying you received the rent signed and handed in?
    Just give the CWO a call and nicely ask them if there is a problem with the rent allowance and is there anything you need to do that you arent.......a way round demanding the money paid directly to you. And lets the CWO know that the tenant isnt using the rent allowance to actually pay their rent.
    I am sure your tenant will be in to see the CWO as soon as they realise their rent allowance has been suspended and then the tenant will have some explaining to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is it possible that this time the problem is with Ulster Bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭ooter

Sorry,probably should've said that she definitely got the cheque for this month because I spoke to her over 2 weeks ago now and she confirmed that she had the cheque and would lodge it as soon as possible.
    Will the cwo speak to me,I've heared they're not very keen on dealing with landlords?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

ooter wrote: »
    Sorry,probably should've said that she definitely got the cheque for this month because I spoke to her over 2 weeks ago now and she confirmed that she had the cheque and would lodge it as soon as possible.
    Will the cwo speak to me,I've heared they're not very keen on dealing with landlords?

hence why i suggested that you maybe contact them with asking if there is something you forgot to do which is causing the delay?......coming at it from an indirect approach can have better effect that tackling it straight on.
    If they wont talk to you on the phone, send them letter asking if you need to be doing anything differently to make the rent allowance paid to you on time. I always end a letter with stating that I will give them a follow up phonecall if I havent heard anything back. Good luck. I know for me its a weight off my mind to get my rent allowance paid directly to my LL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

why dont you speak to your tenant and ask what the problem is as to why they havent lodged the rent into your account as you spoke to her two weeks ago its still not there so rather than jumping to conclusions and ringing cwo speak to your tenant and see if there is a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭ooter

edellc wrote: »
    why dont you speak to your tenant and ask what the problem is as to why they havent lodged the rent into your account as you spoke to her two weeks ago its still not there so rather than jumping to conclusions and ringing cwo speak to your tenant and see if there is a problem

I spoke to her 2 weeks ago in person because her phone was off so I had to call over to the house.I've been trying to ring/text her for the last few days and again her phone is off.
    If I was renting a house and there was a problem I would be sure to contact the landlord asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

And so would I, but not everyone is like that and you cant presume they are.

Go back over to the house and speak to her maybe there is a reason why her phone is off or something happened, it was two week ago and a lot can happen in two weeks, so instead of going to cwo and maybe causing a fuss over nothing go and check see if there is an issue if not then go to the cwo

its your call but if someone i was trying to get in contact with for two weeks and couldnt due to their phone being turned off, i would go over to the house to check everything was okay especially since she said she would lodge it asap, maybe something happened

Advertisement