Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

105.1 Open Tempo FM (formerly 104.1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimmyjava77

If you were more concerned with that, then what is going on around us. Well then you don't have much to worry about. I learned my bad language in the schoolyard back in the 80's (like everyone else) and my bad language vocabulary was well developed by 1990. Sure kids watch films these days with bad language. Films back in the 80's were branded as 18 are now at a PG standard. Pirate radio is there for 2 things... Too push the boundaries in broadcasting!.... Promote the underground music and arts scene! I listen to a lot of the local band scene and lyrically they have fury in what these bands are saying. Their backs are to the wall with this recession and a few ****s in their lyrics is grand. There is more important things to be complaining about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimmyjava77

Do ya want to get to a stage where a radio edit has to be got for 1 of the greatest singles of all time?.... Money by Pink Floyd, which in the 2nd verse. "Money........ It's a hit........Don't give me that do goody good b***s**t!" Music in its purest form, has to have expression in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

7upfree wrote: »
    Still not right though.

tumblr_l9fyefWTuW1qzoa9f.jpg

hehe :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

If you were more concerned with that, then what is going on around us. Well then you don't have much to worry about. I learned my bad language in the schoolyard back in the 80's (like everyone else) and my bad language vocabulary was well developed by 1990. Sure kids watch films these days with bad language. Films back in the 80's were branded as 18 are now at a PG standard. Pirate radio is there for 2 things... Too push the boundaries in broadcasting!.... Promote the underground music and arts scene! I listen to a lot of the local band scene and lyrically they have fury in what these bands are saying. Their backs are to the wall with this recession and a few ****s in their lyrics is grand. There is more important things to be complaining about.

Like standards of common decency on the airwaves.

Heathen wrote: »
    tumblr_l9fyefWTuW1qzoa9f.jpg

hehe :-)

*Sigh*. I was wondering how long it would take for an adolescent to appear.....

• Advertisement

Do ya want to get to a stage where a radio edit has to be got for 1 of the greatest singles of all time?.... Money by Pink Floyd, which in the 2nd verse. "Money........ It's a hit........Don't give me that do goody good b***s**t!" Music in its purest form, has to have expression in it.

In general, Ireland is recognised by many visitors as, unfortunately, having one of the most lax restraints on the use of expletives on air. It is sad, really, that educated people feel the need to "express themselves" thus.

Ya should rephrase that. Ireland is regarded by many visitors as a rip off nation. Only 1% of tourists return to this country for a 2nd time.... So i honestly dont think that they are worried about the "lack" of expletives on Irish airwaves.

No more rip-off than, say, Italy.

Give me stats and figures please!!!!!!!!

OK Jimmy - many visitors to whom I (and many others) have spoken. As I said, if this is the way educated people need to "express themselves" then God help us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

7upfree wrote: »
    As I said, if this is the way educated people need to "express themselves" then God help us all.

you do know that there is a button or dial on radios that allows you to change frequency if you dont enjoy the station you are listening to, yea? :rolleyes:

H

Heathen wrote: »
    you do know that there is a button or dial on radios that allows you to change frequency if you dont enjoy the station you are listening to, yea? :rolleyes:

H

Oh yeah. But does that mean it should be a free for all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

was listening over xmas..
    Quality is great, well processed.. mic is a big rough though.. sounds like its over compressed or is on its way out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Just listening to this station and they are top notch. Well dont to the lads and ladies there.

http://www.opentempofm.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was listening this morning, some French bloke was on playing French music, it was pretty good. Open Tempo - you never quite know what's next!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Was it before 10?
    From 10 to 2pm there's a Polish chap and a Polish music being played.
    He shall be back 8 - 10pm this evening if they are to come back on the airwaves

Here's the schedule:
    http://opentempofm.com/index.php/schedule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I was wondering alright, heard a Polish programme and thought maybe they had changed demographic or something.

mike65 wrote: »
    I was listening this morning, some French bloke was on playing French music, it was pretty good. Open Tempo - you never quite know what's next!

Yeah heard that too. Open Tempo have really come on alot over the last couple of months. Quality of programming seems to be getting better and better.

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I was wondering alright, heard a Polish programme and thought maybe they had changed demographic or something.

They have a Polish Show on Saturday mornings from 10am to 2pm. Its good that they are looking out for the Polish community.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Partizan wrote: »
    They have a Polish Show on Saturday mornings from 10am to 2pm. Its good that they are looking out for the Polish community.
    Heard a Polish show late last weekend and some savage beats were being played.

old gregg wrote: »
    Heard a Polish show late last weekend and some savage beats were being played.

They are really showing WLR for what they really are, old, tired and repetitive.

OT I think have filled a nice little niche in the market that was missing for a while. Good tunes being played now by Jimmy Java playing alot of local bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Very emotional tribute paid to Mark Keating (butterfly band amongst others) tonight, all the music for the next hour is dedicated to him.

• Advertisement

Roanmore wrote: »
    Very emotional tribute paid to Mark Keating (butterfly band amongst others) tonight, all the music for the next hour is dedicated to him.

I heard it last night, great programme I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Anyone have contact details for this station? Their website seems to be down.

A

Not on air today either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Transmitter is down one of the dj's was telling me.

Ah, that makes some sense in the conditions.

Not on air today either.

Check 99.9FM

So 99.9 is the new 104.1 is it? :)

Temporarily for a week or two according to their FB page.

They are 105 something next week. Good music again, an hour of the Clash and now some retro blues/jazz

• Advertisement

They are 105 something next week. Good music again, an hour of the Clash and now some retro blues/jazz

From 6pm next Friday they will be on 105.1FM.

They have Pink Floyd hour on now to mark the 40th anniversary of the release of Dark Side of the Moon which came to the world on 24th March 1973.

www.opentempofm.com

Advertisement