Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

105.1 Open Tempo FM (formerly 104.1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

seems that it will be 99.9fm this weekend again.. some techy issues or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

0rt wrote: »
    seems that it will be 99.9fm this weekend again.. some techy issues or something.

Yeah its technical before they move over to the new frequency.

ahhh..
    Either way ill be listening in sunday morning.. theres a nice rock show and then a comedy show.. when thats over its time to crawl out of bed and order food.. that and feel sorry for myself :)

nice pic of waterford gone up on their page.. not sure about the aurora borealis though :D states from next weekend they will be on 105.1FM.. so 99.9 this weekend then?!

484064_541830199173191_1077841367_n.jpg

They are still on 99.1 for the time being (Fri - Sun)

Jimmy Java giving local bands a plug - http://www.opentempofm.com/

• Advertisement

I thought it was 99.9?

I thought it was 99.9?

They had a test broadcast last night on the 105.1FM frequency and it went fine so I presume from Friday 8pm until Midnight Sunday they will be on 105.1FM (incidentally the old frequency for Quayside Radio).

for a man that knows alot.. ye got it all wrong :P
    i was sure i read 99.9 but you said 99.1 after, and i had a quick look at the schedule on their site.. starts at 6..
    I remember Quayside! shows my age :P

are they stayin at 105.1 so or whats goin on?

for a man that knows alot.. ye got it all wrong :P
    i was sure i read 99.9 but you said 99.1 after, and i had a quick look at the schedule on their site.. starts at 6..
    I remember Quayside! shows my age :P

are they stayin at 105.1 so or whats goin on?

Sorry about that. I'll be back down in Waterford this weekend so I'll be listening in on the new frequency.

The Quayside Radio that I'm thinking about ran from late 1997 to September 2000 when they went off air and subsequently moved to New Ross where they continued on until 2003. They played classic rock/70s and 80s stuff. I used to listen to them alot. Great station.

More about them here - http://www.radiowavesforum.com/rw/archive/index.php/t-2718.html

Also an interesting thread from 2008 - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055440355

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

not on either frequency today.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    not on either frequency today.

OT was on 105.1FM all day yesterday so it looks like they have sorted the problem out.

They are on the FM band from 6pm Friday until midnight Sunday.

Dirty Brothers playing some cracking tunes right now online on OT - http://www.opentempofm.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

As the OP can I ask a mod to change the thread title to 105.1 Open Tempo FM to avoid confusing anyone in the future! :)

Tuned in there now.. bitta bruce springsteen!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jason Todd wrote: »
    As the OP can I ask a mod to change the thread title to 105.1 Open Tempo FM to avoid confusing anyone in the future! :)

Done

found myself tuned in lastnight via the Android app.. its not bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Listening to it now, going 7 days full time?

i sent a message, seems one of the lads who was to turn off couldnt make it up..
    cheers for the heads up, im tuning in while i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

Anyone know if Open Tempo has gone off air? Was trying to tune in all last weekend but no joy

they seem to be having a fair bit of trouble lately..
    heres hoping everything is ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

I know, some great tunes usually played at the weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Last checked on Saturday and the ShoutBox na their website said: "Streaming is down until August".
    Shoutbox app seems to be gone now. Bit of trouble definitely.

shoutbox seems to be working for me?

Fact. Took ages to load up. Got to be patient.

now its on my mind to tune in tonight :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is there not a risk of this being shut down by the BCI?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Sully wrote: »
    Is there not a risk of this being shut down by the BCI?

I don't listen, but I think it's vital for some new (genuinely independent) competition to be introduced. A City the size of Waterford and its surrounds could easily support two - if not three - stations. Time for a change methinks.

7upfree wrote: »
    I don't listen, but I think it's vital for some new (genuinely independent) competition to be introduced. A City the size of Waterford and its surrounds could easily support two - if not three - stations. Time for a change methinks.

While I would love to see more competition and more choice in Waterford, pirate stations get shut down. Why invest if there is a chance it could be taken down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Sully wrote: »
    While I would love to see more competition and more choice in Waterford, pirate stations get shut down. Why invest if there is a chance it could be taken down?

No, I don't mean that. Fully-fledged, licenced competition. A City of our size in the States would have two TV channels (one PBS) and three radio channels (one PBS).

But you couldn't have that in good ole Ireland. Competition?!:D

Advertisement