Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! electrolux (?) freezer

Options
  • 23-06-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

i can't get my freezer down below -15C all of a sudden ....
    i've looked up the manual online and all it says is to reduce the temperature control setting to max ... did that and made no difference - in fact if anything it got a bit warmer -- and yes i double and tripled checked i was turning the dial the right way .... have turned it back now to the centre position on the dial (which the manual says should maintain the freezer at -18) ......
    what to do?
    its not yet 3 years old ....
    reference for the manual was EUF23800 and then there was a load of numbers following on for the model and mine ended in 02 ...
    i know its (probably) within warrenty but don't fancy a 70euro call out charge....
    hoping somebody here can help before i have to resort to the call out guy !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

can you defrost the freezer completely
    the thermostat area may have frozen solid and not detect the true temperature

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

meercat ... was wondering was something blocking like a sensor or something and had a look around but couldn't find anything ....

sigh !

will have to try that i suppose ....:( its one of those tall stand side by side ones with about 5/6 drawers in it ..... thankfully its not full but still .... suppose i'll have to feed the kids ice-cream galore tomorrow .... at least they'll be happy !

thanks i appreciate you getting back to me

crap - meant to put in my original post but didn't

its an integrated model but the unit door has come away from the freezer door -- and i've given up reattaching the two cos its my son that keeps opening the door to try and get at the icecream ... he just pulls from the bottom lip (he is only 2) and so he is constantly pulling the unit door off the freezer door ...

would this have caused this effect? i hadn't thought it would but stand to be corrected

perhaps you will have more replies in the home appliances section too
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1044

maybe mods will move this for you
    update if you can

crap - meant to put in my original post but didn't

its an integrated model but the unit door has come away from the freezer door -- and i've given up reattaching the two cos its my son that keeps opening the door to try and get at the icecream ... he just pulls from the bottom lip (he is only 2) and so he is constantly pulling the unit door off the freezer door ...

would this have caused this effect? i hadn't thought it would but stand to be corrected

dont think this is the cause
    just check that the seal on the fridge /freezer doors is closing tightly though

iiiiiccccceeeeeeecccrrrreeeaaaammmmmm

homer.jpg

• Advertisement

thanks again meercat -- that made me smile anyway !
    yup mods feel free to move if there's a better forum

Advertisement