Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any young male boxers in rescues?

• 23-06-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

We have a 2 year old female boxer and are looking to get another male as a buddy for her. My OH wants a puppy but i'd like to adopt from a pound/rescue.....and i reckon i could convince her to go for a slightly older dog.

So has anyone seen any young male boxers in any rescues at the moment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

www.irishanimals.com

There is a couple of young males there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Here's the link to the boxer/staffie page: http://www.irishanimals.ie/boxerstaff_homes.html

Some lovely boys there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I know with all of the main shelters in Dublin it is a case of going and seeing what they have on display. Most shelters have an abundance of dogs (more than they can put on show). It is a case of when a dog gets adopted another moves out on display.
    I adopted a Boxer Lab recently. Before we were out the door a black lab was being moved in to fill her spot.
    Like with all shelters it's pot luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I know with all of the main shelters in Dublin it is a case of going and seeing what they have on display. Most shelters have an abundance of dogs (more than they can put on show). It is a case of when a dog gets adopted another moves out on display.
    I adopted a Boxer Lab recently. Before we were out the door a black lab was being moved in to fill her spot.
    Like with all shelters it's pot luck.

100% agree, I was in a very well known one in Dublin 2 weeks ago and there was a litter of Labradors in (they were not advertised on website) and all were booked. I think you should get in contact with rescues and they will let you when they have something suitable. It can happen so quickly, 3 1/2 years ago we were looking for a lab pup (rescue didn't have any) but we filled out general forms anyway on thursday, had home visit on friday and pup arrived sunday night! Rescue only got her in after our home visit on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Millem wrote: »
    100% agree, I was in a very well known one in Dublin 2 weeks ago and there was a litter of Labradors in (they were not advertised on website) and all were booked. I think you should get in contact with rescues and they will let you when they have something suitable. It can happen so quickly, 3 1/2 years ago we were looking for a lab pup (rescue didn't have any) but we filled out general forms anyway on thursday, had home visit on friday and pup arrived sunday night! Rescue only got her in after our home visit on Friday!

I saw them. :) There was three of them the first day we were there and a day later 2 were gone.
    That shelter had a fun day on the weekend before we went up to get my dog a week ago and we were told that within an hour all of the dogs on show were reserved. Don't let that stop you asking about the dog you are interested in. Our pup was reserved, we asked the staff and they told us that the woman interested had arthritis and they were trying to wean her off the dog onto an older, calmer dog. Long story short, we are now the proud owners of a Box Lab pup :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement