Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's cycling clothing

Options
  • 23-06-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

I find myself in need of cycling clothing, especially a top which is longer at the back than at the front. Present top rides up at the back which is a big pain as I keep pulling it back down again, rather than leave acres of unsightly white white skin exposed.:o

Also a jacket to wear on top for colder days.

All the tops I've looked at are the same length back and front which isn't what I want.

Any advice as to where to go? What make/material to go for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I have a Mt Borah jersey which I love...

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/jersey_women.htm#10wspr

I also have a Canari jersey which is also good, but not as long in sizing as the Mt Borah

http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodCA_2878_2.html

both of those sites have a good range of women's cycling clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I keep pulling it back down again, rather than leave acres of unsightly white white skin exposed

Bib shorts will solve this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

That's normal enough with cycle clothing. What you should be looking for is a 'cycle-specific cut'; Longer arms, longer back and for the legs, higher back and lower front. Wouldn't think the brand matters that much - You got to try them to see if they fit or you like them etc...

You could always have a look at chainreactioncycles and other websites to get a better idea of available clothing for ladies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Look out for the periodic Lidl and Aldi specials on cycling clothing - great value for starting out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Look out for the periodic Lidl and Aldi specials on cycling clothing - great value for starting out.

Yes - but pink!!...:rolleyes:

Thanks a lot everyone. See you out there soon - the one without the acres of white flesh... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Cycle SuperStore, in Tallaght, do at least some women-specific clothing. They certainly have women's kit in the Bicycle Line and Assos brands. Might be an option for trying stuff if you are Dublin based.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

you can try ebay. some bargains there if you're willing to wait. I've got brand new Pearl Izumi undershorts for 18USD that's less than half price in the shop.
    chainreactioncycles and similar online stores have good deals sometimes but usually they're out of most popular sizes.
    and I agree on everything being very pink, I've been looking for a nice jersey for a good while now but there's hard to find one that is in more interesting color/pattern than pink or baby blue (manuf called ocean blue lol) or just plain black. also I'm not willing to pay more than 35eur for a jersey, that's basically a t-shirt with three pockets at the back.

I'm wearing long base layer under my jersey (or t-shirt), so I don't care if later rides up my back.

good luck with you search!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Wiggle, Chain Reaction have a decent range, Wheelworx and Cyclesuperstore too. I find a lot of women's jerseys are very short in length and in the sleeves and I'm pretty small. Rapha are the only longer ones I've found, also very flattering and in my experience worth the money as mine have lasted years of almost daily use. Rapha have an annual half price sale on women's clothes. The Aldi/Lidl stuff seems to be medium/large only and the cut is pretty bad imo, but it is cheap.

That's just me though, prefer my cycling clothes to be plain and simple. A lot of women's stuff is patterned or pastel coloured. Bibshorts and a tucked in baselayer do help. Don't think I've ever been out on the bike in Ireland without a baselayer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thanks everyone! Think I'll start off with the Cycling Superstore - always good to be able to try things on till I get familiar with them. :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement