Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jordan Staal trade

Options
  • 23-06-2012 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

What do you all think?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=635610&navid=DL|NHL|home

As a Pens fan i'm sad to see Staalsy go, but on the other hand Brent Sutter is a very good player and get the 8th overall pick too and a prospect was a good deal, specially after Staal rejected a 10 year, 60 million contract.

then Michalek gets shipped to the Coyotes and Pittsburgh has suddenly saved 6million in cap space.

entering the Parise/Suter/Weber sweapstakes????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dragula003

Izy wrote: »
    What do you all think?

As a Pens fan i'm sad to see Staalsy go, but on the other hand Brent Sutter is a very good player and get the 8th overall pick too and a prospect was a good deal, specially after Staal rejected a 10 year, 60 million contract.

then Michalek gets shipped to the Coyotes and Pittsburgh has suddenly saved 6million in cap space.

ESPN tweeted saying that Parise has bought an apartment in Pittsburgh! He is also VERY good friends with Sid and has expressed openly how much he would like to play with him! Sid and Zachy would be a fantastic pairing!

As a pens fan it's obviously a huge hit to see Staal go but here's hoping they have a plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Izy wrote: »
    What do you all think?

Getting a bit old now though. Turned 50 this month... :D
    Dragula003 wrote: »
    ESPN tweeted saying that Parise has bought an apartment in Pittsburgh! He is also VERY good friends with Sid and has expressed openly how much he would like to play with him! Sid and Zachy would be a fantastic pairing!

As a pens fan it's obviously a huge hit to see Staal go but here's hoping they have a plan!

I'm sure there is some forward thinking in the trades. Letting Staal go is a big move, he's a massive third-line centre and a huge part of the team over the past 5 years. Happy to get Sutter in compensation though :) But Staal was a year away from UFA and rejected a big contract, Shero did the right thing. Funny that the trade happened on his wedding night, very Gretzkyesque.

List of trades from the past 10 days or so:

SkJUw.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Columbus trade away 3 draft picks for a dodgy goaltender (imo)?!
    They are some pack of jokers those lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Some teams have to give up more than others...

I'm sure Philly would've taken a pick or two less if Columbus had a decent player...

Out of market teams are usually screwed when they trading players...

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

@ mrjoesoap I did mean Brandon :D

Was in a state of shock when I heard a 3rd line centre rejecting a 10year 60mil contract :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Columbus trade away 3 draft picks for a dodgy goaltender (imo)?!
    They are some pack of jokers those lads....

Worst run professional sports franchise in North America.

Advertisement