Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perspective

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That is freakin genius. Looks brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Looks interesting but I don't see how far they could take it. I suppose that they managed enough depth with portal so hopefully they can do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I usually only get peespective when on the toilet so this should be good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Very similar concept to Echochrome, but it at least looks to be going another step forward with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

the little guy jumps like megaman :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Very similar concept to Echochrome, but it at least looks to be going another step forward with it.

Very similar to Lost In Shadow on the Wii also. Started out good that game but got tedious after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

the little guy jumps like megaman :pac:

That was the first thing I noticed too... reminded me of Overheal's avatar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When it says the people who brought us Portal, are you referring to Narbacular Drop?

Looks like it could be a work in progress with proper sprites to be added. But looks interesting. Reminded me of Echochrome as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the first few seconds made me think of fez and echochrome with a portal like paint

but the fact that you control the camera like an FPS is really interesting and that didnt click until 30 seconds into the trailer.

the fps side of it is what makes it different from fez and echochrome as you can develop it beyond simply being a camera perspective but as a tangent of two controllable characters.

Also I could see it even working in conjunction with portal mechanics (using portals to line up the right perspective or to join platforms)

hell the really bizarre part could be a co-op version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

When you say "from the guys that brought you Portal" what you really meant was "from a student in the same school where the guys who made the game which Portal was based on went", right? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

eh! Close enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Release date is set for 12.12.12. I'm actually kinda excited about this.

Advertisement