Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Wicklow Arms closed again?

Options
  • 23-06-2012 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I heard from someone who heard from someone that it closed last Tuesday. Can anyone confirm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Well I know it closed last Saturday night.... and again on Sunday night .... and Monday night :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Fraid so.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭desoc32

Defo closed. Had a few good nights up there and had the best steak sandwich in Wicklow! Was good for matches too. Delgany was a three pub village ten years + ago and was no big local estates around like now...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

It's a sad loss, good beer, interesting menu at very decent prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jack_edson

Anyone know if it is due to open up again? Just moved to Delgany and walked into the village to see about having a bite to eat there (having checked the menu online), there was nowhere open apart from the Horse and Hound.

Can anyone recommend somewhere decent to eat nearby or is Greystones the only place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

desoc32 wrote: »
    Delgany was a three pub village ten years + ago and was no big local estates around like now...
    ....and no Gardai testing drivers with breathalysers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

jack_edson wrote: »
    Anyone know if it is due to open up again? Just moved to Delgany and walked into the village to see about having a bite to eat there (having checked the menu online), there was nowhere open apart from the Horse and Hound.

Can anyone recommend somewhere decent to eat nearby or is Greystones the only place?

I believe the horse and hound will be starting to serve food in the coming weeks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jack_edson

That would be great - thanks for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Im not at all surprised it closed down (again) while the food was pretty good and the beer was good too, BUT the atmosphere left alot to be desired and going in there on "some" saturdays nights meant taking your life into your own hands.

I dont know where they came from but it was full of absolute scum bags , (and some were the scum kicked out of the horse and hound bar) it wasnt an odd occasion either it happened alot. :o so in return no locals (myself included) wouldnt drink there.

Its a pity its nice venue :cool:

Advertisement