Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Prison Service Jobs - PASO 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

V480 wrote: »
    shawmor wrote: »
    Anybody else done the fitness test? I haven't heard anything about it yet.

No haven't heard a thing. I assumed we wouldn't be doing that until we were training?

Can't believe they are still interviewing people. So much for letting us know by the end of the month.
    Yeah the end of the month is looking doubtful. The lady just said it would be a while and didn't elaborate. Although the email said the end of the month but then again nothing is set in stone!
    I thought that about the training too by the way the circular was worded. Maybe they have called some to do physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

I think there is a lot of people on here disagreeing over nothing, I would much prefer not to have to go into work on my days off to do overtime, but I whats my choice, lose money which I need also then maybe lose my operational allowance because I am refusing to do my overtime. In the end we all want to be at home for weekends and most people in the job already feel they spend too much time in work as it is. But in the current climate are people really in a position to walk out of a secure job with good money although not as good after recent cuts.

Best of luck to anyone who goes for the new posts and I hope current clerks are looked after in their future role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Yeah the end of the month is looking doubtful. The lady just said it would be a while and didn't elaborate. Although the email said the end of the month but then again nothing is set in stone!
    I thought that about the training too by the way the circular was worded. Maybe they have called some to do physical?

Yeah I definately thought that the physical would be completed as part of the training, I suppose we will just have to wait and see.

If they are still interviewing people then presumably they would have to wait for all their medical/audiology reports to come back too before issuing the 'order of merit' results...seems like we could be in for a v long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

As a serving RPO, let me clear up a few things.

An RPOs starting salary is now 19.5k.
    And be under no illusion, our 'overtime' is compulsory, iIt has been for anybody that joined in the past six years and so this creates an illusion of higher earnings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

I heard off the public appointments office that they expect to have the panel results out by the end of this week. We prob heard the same thing last week but fingers crossed anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Pointless instalment of some bitch fight? These are people that actually work in a prison, trying to inform you and all the other applicants of the potential pit falls and what you might be getting yourselves into.

Anyway, for those of you who actually applied for this position and have a legitimate interest in this thread: I heard off the public appointments office that they expect to have the panel results out by the end of this week. We prob heard the same thing last week but fingers crossed anyway![/Quote]

Really? Be good to know where we came. Did the IPS say they would have Panel by 4 weeks, when they sent email around?

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 casher123

Anyway, for those of you who actually applied for this position and have a legitimate interest in this thread: I heard off the public appointments office that they expect to have the panel results out by the end of this week. We prob heard the same thing last week but fingers crossed anyway!

Really? Be good to know where we came. Did the IPS say they would have Panel by 4 weeks, when they sent email around?

Fingers crossed![/Quote]

I rang PAS today and they said it will be the end of the week

casher123 wrote: »
    Anyway, for those of you who actually applied for this position and have a legitimate interest in this thread: I heard off the public appointments office that they expect to have the panel results out by the end of this week. We prob heard the same thing last week but fingers crossed anyway!

Fingers crossed!

I rang PAS today and they said it will be the end of the week[/Quote]

I'm I right that IPS said they would have the final panel in 4 weeks? (in email 2 weeks ago?)

Best of luck everyone hope we all get good news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I assume by the end of the week they mean Friday? Its dragging out a bit, going on since march!!

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    I assume by the end of the week they mean Friday? Its dragging out a bit, going on since march!!
    And that's just going to be for order of merit! We will still have to wait to see if security clearance and medical were all ok from IPS.
    A lot more waiting I suspect!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

Hey,

I am new but wanted to share info. I just got a call from the IPS, I have an appointment to see the medical officer in 2 weeks, they said it was a pre fitness test. Has anyone else been called for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fly.on.the.wall

I believe the IPS have been busy contacting people today owing to the results of their medical. Many people have been called in for a Chester Step test. Used to weed out those that came back with high bmi results or lung function results.

I believe the IPS have been busy contacting people today owing to the results of their medical. Many people have been called in for a Chester Step test. Used to weed out those that came back with high bmi results or lung function results.

Thanks for that, I presumed it was my BMI, it is 28. I am losing weight (recently had a baby). I have started back training and this is making a diference, I really hope I don't fail because of my BMI, I feel like I would be confidently able to do the fitness test. Fingers crossed.

maydream wrote: »

Thanks for that, I presumed it was my BMI, it is 28. I am losing weight (recently had a baby). I have started back training and this is making a diference, I really hope I don't fail because of my BMI, I feel like I would be confidently able to do the fitness test. Fingers crossed.

I was also called because of my BMI but have checked my weight and the person doing the medical test was out by 6kgs in my weight.I have been told if my BMI is under 30 I won't have to do the test.Anyone else think this is rediclous carry on for a admin job.It would make you wonder about the IPS's plans for whoever get the job.

I wouldn't say you will have a problem but best of luck with it! Congrats on your baby also.

Im not sure what my BMI is...i didnt find out! any way of finding out? im half expecting a call now.....By the way i only sent in my Medical and Audiogram Friday (couldnt get it done before then) do you think that will make a difference?

Im not sure what my BMI is...i didnt find out! any way of finding out? im half expecting a call now.....By the way i only sent in my Medical and Audiogram Friday (couldnt get it done before then) do you think that will make a difference?

I sent mine in over 2 weeks ago and rang IPS yesterday and they told me I passed medical and audiogram. Maybe they could tell you?

Thanks Shawmor, what phone number did you ring?

I wouldn't say you will have a problem but best of luck with it! Congrats on your baby also.

Thanks a mill, best of luck to you too.
    I really hope they release the panel results soon, I didn't realise there was so many applicants until yesterday.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill, best of luck to you too.
    I really hope they release the panel results soon, I didn't realise there was so many applicants until yesterday.

Do you know how many applied? Seems to be lots of us going for it. Seemingly going to have results of order of merit by end of the week. Just want to be put out of my misery at this stage!!

I rang the main IPS number, hopefully you will find out. The man I spoke to was really nice and helpful.

If you know your weight and height you can put those details in on a bmi calculator online.If you were within the two weeks which I think Friday was you should be ok

Thanks,

i didnt realise either how many people applied. Hope i hear something soon

Does anybody know if we will receive order of merit results by post or email?

id imagine email. since the last few bits of correspondence have been through email.

if you are called for the pre fitness test, when will that be??

id imagine email. since the last few bits of correspondence have been through email.

if you are called for the pre fitness test, when will that be??

That's what I was thinking.

I'm not sure about the pre fitness test.

im guessing the fitness test will be handy enough anyway, although looking at the circular, 40 runs 15 metres apart back and forward in 3 and a half minutes sounds hard enough...may try it out and see what times im clocking

just got word there i have to go to the chief medical officer on tuesday, i had a cartilage problem with my knee so they want to have a look at that. Think i might have to do the step test also as my BMI is 30.3

I don't know how many applied, I just know that the woman who rang me said that her sole job this week was to ring people who are due to see the CMO, she said that a lot of people applied.

I have my appointment on the 14th..

I paid for my hearing test €60, but I just met someone who said they had it done for free in specspavers..

• Advertisement

if one person got it free of charge then that should be the case accross the board. i paid €65 for mine. first time i was told there was too much wax in my ear to do the test so had to fork out an extra €40 for my GP to get that removed. had to take extra days off work also. if i dont get it after all this hassle ill go mad!

Advertisement