Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stop is a stop, not a roll slowly no?

• 23-06-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, just to be clear, STOP sign means literally STOP and not just roll mad slow no?
    Because I see many ppl just drive to stop sign, roll like 1 metre slowly then spring off, technically they didnt' stop, just slowed down.
    I take stop sign as literal stop, even when I have traffic behind me, I just stop, wait about 1.8-2 seconds and move off. There is no excuse not to stop at STOP sign right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

You stop fully before slowly moving towards the junction to get a better view. If you fail to do this during the test it's an instant fail. And I wouldn't pay any attention to what other road users do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

You are right. A stop is exactly, a literal stop. You don't necessarily have to wait ( not even 1.8 seconds ). Stop and if safe go, if not wait.

I think what Faith+1 means is that you can, if needed, stop before the line and then creep into the junction, if you need to improve you view. The stop aspect is a definite though.

ADIDriving wrote: »
    I think what Faith+1 means is that you can, if needed, stop before the line and then creep into the junction, if you need to improve you view. The stop aspect is a definite though.

Exactly. You stop at the line OP and if there isn't one then you stop at the sign before moving on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Exactly. You stop at the line OP and if there isn't one then you stop at the sign before moving on.
    Yes I know where to stop, I just asked to make sure it's not slowly roll.

• Advertisement

arleitiss wrote: »
    Yes I know where to stop, I just asked to make sure it's not slowly roll.
    Might seem more grateful simply thanking people in the posts you find helpful. Less likely to put people off answering future questions that you will probably have.

ADIDriving wrote: »
    Might seem more grateful simply thanking people in the posts you find helpful. Less likely to put people off answering future questions that you will probably have.

sorry I know, thanks for help but it's obvious to stop at line of at sign if there is no line.

arleitiss wrote: »
    sorry I know, thanks for help but it's obvious to stop at line of at sign if there is no line.

How exactly are we to know that you know this OP??? This a "Learning to Drive" forum. It might seem obvious to you but not for everybody else just starting out.

How exactly are we to know that you know this OP??? This a "Learning to Drive" forum. It might seem obvious to you but not for everybody else just starting out.

Yeah I suppose, sorry I am sure you know the feeling when you are being told something you already know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

This is why i LOVE the internet, people arguing over nothing...

• Advertisement

This is why i LOVE the internet, people arguing over nothing...

Moi Arguing?? :rolleyes: Were one big happy family here!

Advertisement