Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murrisk Abbey

Options
  • 23-06-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I was just wondering if anybody knows of any strange occurrances related to Murrisk Abbey in Co.Mayo?
    I went there a few years back and I had an experience ive never had before or since.My mother and myself were walking past it and my mother said lets go over and have a look at it.I agreed and we went over but as I was walking up the path towards it I started to feel a bit nervous but as soon as I went in the entrance I became filled with fear for no reason whatsoever.I have no fear of old sites or buildings so to this day I have no idea why I was terrified.I was even afraid to look around corners,as if I thought someone or something was gonna meet me on the other side!They didnt thank God!I wanted to leave immediately and would have only that my mother was there and wouldnt leave until she was happy with seeing everything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 nehcola

Hi Dee,
    I am from Murrisk and as kids we used to play there. I've never felt uncomfortable there, the opposite would be true for me. I never heard anything strange about it and my granny told us plenty of stories about banshee sightings in the area and the likes but there were never any stories about that place :-) I suppose it might be a spooky place for those not used to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dee12_7

Thats cool nehcola!
    It was really unusual for me for me to feel something like that on an old site but at least I know it wasnt something sinister!Thanks for your help:)

Advertisement