Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any cheap hotel or B&B in Cork for a midweek stay within close proximity to the city?

Options
  • 23-06-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Looking for cheap place to stay, just wondering does anyone know of any special midweek rates for hotels in Cork? As cheap as possible...

Might be looking to stay a couple of midweek nights a week for many months.

Comments

There's a place on McCurtain Street, Windsor Inn, 'twas on that TV show where the two brothers revamp guesthouses....

Next week, Tues to Fri, 3 nights is €145, €45/night, seems reasonable enough for more or less City centre accommodation :)

http://www.bedandbreakfastireland.net/cork_windsor-inn.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

I found a website recently that gives cheap prices on b&b's and even for people renting a room out for a few nights. prices can be pretty good, it's www.airbnb.com. may be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Western Road's the best bet. Plenty of reasonable B & B's there. But avoid the Shandon Bells B & B!! It's a bit of a dump...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Western Road's the best bet. Plenty of reasonable B & B's there. But avoid the Shandon Bells B & B!! It's a bit of a dump...
    Western road is expensive, they are upmarket b and b's. Cost 50/60 euro near UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

The Silver Springs in cork is lovely www.moranhotels.com its around 70e room only but they do deals if you book a block stay

• Advertisement

eternal wrote: »
    Western road is expensive, they are upmarket b and b's. Cost 50/60 euro near UCC.

Upmarket? Are you serious???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'd call any B&B with a jacuzzi in the room upmarket :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

The ones up UCC end are. You obviously have never been in them.

The ones up UCC end are. You obviously have never been in them.

Um - yes I have! What makes you think I haven't?? Before I moved over, I had cause to stay in the Western Road many times. Comfortable is a word I would use. Upmarket isn't.

I don't sleep in tips...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Try Bru hostel on McCurtain St.

• Advertisement
Advertisement