Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics with Astronomy & Space Science job demand?

Options
  • 23-06-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hello, I've been looking at this course lately and it seems like the perfect course for me! I could go on and get a phd in astrophysics then. That's all well and good and I'd have a great time in college, but I want to be able to get a job too! Are there demand for physicists/astrophysicists? And where? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

0000879k wrote: »
    Hello, I've been looking at this course lately and it seems like the perfect course for me! I could go on and get a phd in astrophysics then.
    If that's what you want to do, then go and do it.
    0000879k wrote: »
    That's all well and good and I'd have a great time in college, but I want to be able to get a job too! Are there demand for physicists/astrophysicists?
    Physicists, engineers, mathematicians and the like are always in demand. Everywhere. For the simple reason that there is a scarcity of numerate people in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thefaizan

Where could you get work after a degree in astronomy and space science, other than ESA or NASA?

Wouldn't they be full up with other people with better qualification?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

thefaizan wrote: »
    Where could you get work after a degree in astronomy and space science, other than ESA or NASA?
    The real world is no so one-dimensional. Physicists find themselves working in pretty much every aspect of science (and beyond).

Advertisement