Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatically "go to first new post" when clicking on threads

Options
  • 23-06-2012 10:51pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this has ever been suggested before, but I've always thought that "go to first new post" should be the default behaviour when clicking on links to threads in your User CP or subscribed thread list. This is how it works on the touch site, but on the main site you have to click on the little arrow icon (this guy: firstnew.gif), which probably isn't very obvious to new users.

There might be an argument for Forum view retaining the current behaviour, but I think it's fair to say anyone following threads via the User CP is only interested in the first new post.

And (the real reason I'm suggesting this) it would prevent a lot of misclicks when browsing the site on an iPad. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Thanks for the suggestion. It certainly makes sense for links from followed threads in the user CP. That ugly little arrow will also be getting the chop pretty soon, to be replaced by something clearer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement