Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAN V FOOD

Options
  • 23-06-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Well have been watchin this program lately

and would like to know if there is any places

like these in dublin???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

like these in dublin???
    http://aussiebbq.ie went here the other day had the great white burger was lovely but didnt have the 4 slices of bacon on it the menu is mouth watering wanted to try everything on i, the boomarang fries were lovely too would defo recommend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

A friend of mine went into The Counter on Suffolk street recently and they made him a 2 pound burger. It looked like something from MVF when it came from the kitchen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I think that Spur Steakhouse in Liffey Vally have a 64 ounce piece of cow that you have to eat in an hour. If you do, its free. If you don't, its 60 yoyos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

mmcn90 wrote: »
    A friend of mine went into The Counter on Suffolk street recently and they made him a 2 pound burger. It looked like something from MVF when it came from the kitchen!!!

I can barely eat a half pounder nowadays (no problem in my late teens or early 20's) so can't imagine how anyone could eat what is the equivalent of 4 half pounders. Could your friend eat the lot of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I thought that guy died of a heart attack?

1ZRed wrote: »
    I thought that guy died of a heart attack?

Nope, that was just a rumour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Richman_(actor)

mmcn90 wrote: »

Went here with the gf before she only likes well done burgers, but it was all pink, the waitress told her it was baby meat and its supposed to be like that, yea whatever i told her well done please and amazingly she came out the next time with a well done burger... stupid bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i think pizza hut on suffolk street do some kind of challenge. i could be wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Went here with the gf before she only likes well done burgers, but it was all pink, the waitress told her it was baby meat and its supposed to be like that, yea whatever i told her well done please and amazingly she came out the next time with a well done burger... stupid bitch

I'm sure your girlfriend isn't that bad.

• Advertisement

This isn't the fault of the server, it was the fault of the chef. Please direct your first world anger in the right direction.

chin_grin wrote: »
    This isn't the fault of the server, it was the fault of the chef. Please direct your first world anger in the right direction.

Im directing it at the server as she said it was pink because it was baby meat, she didn't even say baby cow meat and even that would of been stupid,because a baby cow is a calf...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

like these in dublin???

I read this in the voice of the black kid from Malcolm in the Middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Not meaning to critise anyone directly but am I the only one who is completely lost?

What's the point in eating that much food? I mean is there actually a sense of achievement in eating an stupid calorific loaded meal? Or does the mindless gluttony just turn people on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

SteoL wrote: »
    I can barely eat a half pounder nowadays (no problem in my late teens or early 20's) so can't imagine how anyone could eat what is the equivalent of 4 half pounders. Could your friend eat the lot of it?

Not a chance, I think he got about half-way

In Ireland, burgers should always be well done, a city centre restaurant was reprimanded for serving rare burgers
    chin_grin wrote: »

Its the fault of neither, its a management issue imho. Staff aren't trained well enough either front or back of house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Gillo wrote: »
    What's the point in eating that much food?

A lot of things people enjoy don't have a point.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not meaning to critise anyone directly but am I the only one who is completely lost?

What's the point in eating that much food? I mean is there actually a sense of achievement in eating an stupid calorific loaded meal? Or does the mindless gluttony just turn people on??

its like posting on an internet forum, theres no real point to it, but some people enjoy it.

horses for courses and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It's test of physical endurance. Can a person get X amount of food into their bodies in a set amount of time without throwing up, passing out or just giving up. It's not quite the same thing as trying to swim the English Channel without drowning or dying from hypothermia, but its in the same ball park. If you remove the political correctness (or lack thereof) of it for a sec, people are always going to be drawn to watching that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I want a chicken wing challenge.

I hear some cafe on camden st just passed ulsterbank has imported a load of ghost chillies and the chef is trying to make the hottest sauce in Ireland for his wings.

BRING IT ON!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ikiru

i cant agree with you more, i think its unhealthy, disqusting and pointless!

• Advertisement

Ikiru wrote: »
    i cant agree with you more, i think its unhealthy, disqusting and pointless!

i cant dis-agree with you more, i think its healthy, charming and only harmless fun!

justify the healthy and harmless fun for me please cause obviously you are an expert!

frag420 wrote: »
    I want a chicken wing challenge.

I hear some cafe on camden st just passed ulsterbank has imported a load of ghost chillies and the chef is trying to make the hottest sauce in Ireland for his wings.

BRING IT ON!!

Find out the name of that cafe i want some ghost chilli wings, had some sauce that had ghost chillies in it before, sweat was dripping from my head haha

justify the healthy and harmless fun for me please cause obviously you are an expert!

First, you need to justify the unhealthy, disquisting, and pointless opinion you've formed as it was you that first posted it.

Are people that ignorant, that they have to try enforce their own opinions on other people...........

Regards,
    Expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Drinking, smoking, recreational drug-taking (or whatever you want to call it), extreme sports - all have potentially negative impacts on our health - but this isn't the forum to discuss them either.

The OP wants to find eateries in the Dublin area that have challenges. If you can't advise him - don't bother posting. Take your issues to Humanities.

tHB

Its not healthy, But if i died chowing down on some of the stuff Adam Richman does id die happy and with a full stomach, there is worse ways to go...

This thread is obviously not for you or anyone that is going to moan about eating healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Find out the name of that cafe i want some ghost chilli wings, had some sauce that had ghost chillies in it before, sweat was dripping from my head haha

I just went onto google street view and had a gawk....................its called Yum Yums

Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Other than challenges do you guys know places that off alternatives to your standard burger and chip fast food in Dublin? Places similar to KCs in Cork?

i havent forced my opinion, i expressed it like everyone else.
    you attacked me, thats enforcing opinion, well not opinion, rage more like it.

its unhealthy because there is a limit of red meat a human is supposed to consume daily (at any age) in order to be healthy

its disqusting because i watched the show and a 200 pound man covered in sauce and cheese is definately not a nice sight, its demeaning for him and insulting to me.

and its pointless because the stomach has a capacity and after reaching it (or massivelt surpassing) you can create at least 4 major problems to your general health.

please demonstrate your ignorance and hatred to somebody who cant answer back because you bore me with those weak come backs

• Advertisement

i will moan if i want to here and everywhere else, i dont understand why i have to explain it. its a forum people, not your living room!!!

Advertisement