Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know about References?

• 24-06-2012 5:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Did anyone ever have to send a reference with their application, does it have to be an academic reference or is it just a character reference, does anyone know if a reference from voluntary work would be accepted?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

You should probably ask the college you're applying to, I think they all make up their own requirements. Some that I applied for wanted one work (or work experience) and one academic reference, some wanted just one or the other. It might depend on how old you are and what you've been doing for the last few years. As in, if you're 18 and just finished your Leaving, academic references would suit. But if you're 40 and working for the past twenty years, an academic reference might be hard to come by!

If the place you volunteer knows you well and can comment on your attendance/performance/personality I think it would be fine, but ask the college to be on the safe side.

Advertisement