Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned From Soccer.

Options
  • 24-06-2012 5:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

I was banned last night from Soccer for three months.

The reason outlined is this

- "Moderator Note

You weren't banned for this post. You were banned because you've accumulated 4 points within your probation period. 2 yellows and one red. As such, you are banned from the forum for three months, at which point you can re-apply for access."

Previously in the day I made a post stating that this moderators decision was one of the worst I had seen on boards as a seemingly innocent post, was red carded.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79363129&postcount=683

It appears that this moderator then had a look over my profile and then decided to ban me as I have broke the terms of my probation.

However, this mod is incorrect, the probation terms outlined in the SF charter is 3 months time OR
    100 posts.

In this instance I had made 200-250 posts and hadn't failed probation so I should not be banned for 3 months as I had passed probation successfully after 100 posts.

Regarding my infractions that I have even apparently been carded for, 2 are a joke, one is perfectly fine IMO.

You use a lot of big words, you must be very smart.

Was a joke with Orando Broom - One he said himself and also confirmed he would support this if it came to DRP.

If I said,

"You are a highly stupid person, if not, the stupidest person ever".

I'm not saying you're definitely the stupidest person ever, just saying you're not far off it.

Not that hard a concept to follow tbh.

That was picked up as an abusive post, despite the fact I was just using that to explain what a user meant, it's not even directed at anyone, I just couldn't think of a better example.

Please seek medical help because you're a complete idiot.

No Complaints here, BH doing his job, I was immature.

I am not seeking to have these cards removed, even though two of them are fairly bogus, I am just hoping to show that a 3 month ban in this instance, is completely unjustified, especially for the fact that I had passed probation, and also for the fact that the cards are soft.

It must also be noted that I have not pursued step 1 of the DRP procedure, as is it is my understanding that the Mod who banned me did so because I criticised his decision, I did not see a barrage of PM's fixing this issue, and as it is the Euro's time at the moment, I was hoping to get this issue solved as quickly as possible.

Thanks for for your time.

Adolf.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

It must also be noted that I have not pursued step 1 of the DRP procedure...
    Please reconsider and attempt to do this first step in the procedure. Many DRPs are settled then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Black Swan wrote: »
    It must also be noted that I have not pursued step 1 of the DRP procedure...
    Please reconsider and attempt to do this first step in the procedure. Many DRPs are settled then.
    Apologies, I've also PM'd the mod in question, but understandably it's only 7am so no reply yet :pac:

The mod in question has not changed his stance on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

The mod in question has not changed his stance on the matter.

Adolf Hipster, please bear with us on any delays - the Sports Cmods are doubly snowed under very heavily right now with 1) a larger than normal workload and 2) with a reduced team. They'll get to this asap.

Trojan wrote: »
    Adolf Hipster, please bear with us on any delays - the Sports Cmods are doubly snowed under very heavily right now with 1) a larger than normal workload and 2) with a reduced team. They'll get to this asap.
    No worries at all, I understand things can take time on here as people do have RL needs to tend to and places to be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

With the sports category being a bit under-staffed at the moment I'll look into this one. If things go smoothly I'll get back to you today.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

A few things:
    However, this mod is incorrect, the probation terms outlined in the SF charter is 3 months time OR
    100 posts.

You left out the most important part.....
    The probation period is for a period of 3 months after access is granted or 100 posts on the forum, whichever is longer.

Highlighting is mine. In this case you're still inside the 3 month probationary period. In fact the mod did include this information in the PM that he sent you.

On the cards: The rule is 3 yellows and you're at 4 since a red is equivalent to two yellows. I'll acknowledge that both of those yellows are soft enough but that red is not (as you say yourself) and to my mind those two yellows together are worth at least one yellow.

I asked the mod what caused the delay between you getting the red and getting banned (it was a week) and the answer was that you were brought up in the mod forum by a mod other than the one who applied the ban and that PHB just applied it having gotten agreement from the other mods.

The general consensus (from both the mods and a forum member that I spoke with) is that your posting is going downhill and the hope is that this time off will reset things a bit. Given that, I'm upholding the ban.

Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement