Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Students- Should I be close to main campus or Sunday's Well Road?

• 24-06-2012 6:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm a US student coming to UCC this fall for an MA, and I'm trying to figure out housing. I was wondering if it's more useful to be close to the music building on Sunday's Well Rod, or to be close to the main campus, or maybe there's a good area in the middle? I know they're only about 25 mins walking apart, but I don't want to pick a place near one only to find out I'm walking to the other more.

Thanks,

-Tyler

PS: I figured this was specific enough to warrant a thread outside of the accommodation thread, but if not I'll re-post there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Hi, since you're doing a MA all your lectures will be in the Music Department so I would really try and find somewhere as close as possible to the building in the Sundays Well area.

The Music Dept is situated at the top of the hill and it really isn't a nice walk when it's raining or if you're running late for a lecture etc.. I would try and get as close to it as possible.

if you were looking for somewhere between the main campus and the music department Popes Quay/ North Mall area is probably your best bet.

I'm just completing my masters there at the moment. Best of luck with yours :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 justintime1

Definately get as close to the music dept as you can, I have a friend who did his masters and it was localised entirely within the music department whereas his lectures during his undergrad had been on campus as well as off. Location location!!

Advertisement