Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New fabric shop in Dublin

• 24-06-2012 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anyone been to The Cloth Shop on South King Street? Is it the same as the Limerick one or is it the one from London? I was in the Limerick one a few months ago. Really good selection and reasonable. It's good that there's a new shop with the Woollen Mills closing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mysterylady

It says on the door that's The Cloth Shop, Dublin and Limerick so I take it it's the one from Limerick you are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭Tayleur

widervis wrote: »
    Has anyone been to The Cloth Shop on South King Street? Is it the same as the Limerick one or is it the one from London? I was in the Limerick one a few months ago. Really good selection and reasonable. It's good that there's a new shop with the Woollen Mills closing.

Didnt realise the woolen mills was closing. How long have they been there. Real shame

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fabrico

Does anyone know WHEN the Woollen Mills is closing ?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

fabrico wrote: »
    Does anyone know WHEN the Woollen Mills is closing ?:)

The 16th of June sadly. Bizarrely enough they said the business was profitable but it just wasn't worth the owners while to keep going and no one wanted to keep it going. I didn't understand that logic.

They should be having a sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

fabrico wrote: »
    They should be having a sale

Just wondering, has woollen mills completely closed down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

Great to hear of a new place to feed my addiction support local crafters! :) Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 2Cents

The Woollen Mills is Closing /closed! WTH! I loved that place.
    I have been to The Cloth Shop. It's nice, Pretty fabric, OK price, a bit basic in the way of notions which is a shame as Murphy Sheedy round the corner don't sell notions so a plentyful notions/equipment section would have been welcomed. They do carry Collette Patterns though - major plus points there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

2Cents wrote: »
    The Woollen Mills is Closing /closed! WTH! I loved that place.
    I have been to The Cloth Shop. It's nice, Pretty fabric, OK price, a bit basic in the way of notions which is a shame as Murphy Sheedy round the corner don't sell notions so a plentyful notions/equipment section would have been welcomed. They do carry Collette Patterns though - major plus points there.

The Woollen Mills has reopened on Capel St - it's a much smaller premises and I think they're still setting things up, but worth a look! :)

Thanks for that info ArtofEscape about Capel St. :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

WM Trimmings is now open in 137 Capel Street with staff from the Woollen Mills, has all the same products as the Woollen Mills except the sweaters

Advertisement