Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson Ariva 150

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭PatchZ

Reesy wrote: »
    Thanks. Do you know of any significant upside to moving from v18 to the latest stable version?

It depends on what you do with the box. The real improvements that I know of are:
    - better now/next support. It's quite a while since I used v18 but from what I remember the now/next was a bit creaky and when you had a mix of satellite/saorview then it didn't work properly while recording (this is a bit niche but it drove me mad).
    - better video file support. Again from what I remember I had quite a bit of difficulty playing video files but now I can play anything I throw at it. It is very good for that and I watch nearly everything in this fashion...very little live tv.

Can't think of much else off the top of my head so if these don't affect you maybe not worth the hassle just yet. I'm forever living in hope they'll fix some of the big bugs...most to do with recording. Wish they had a changelog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Thanks guys. In that case I'll stay put.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

lads I downloaded a file recently for a friend that has the ariva 150, it sorted out his FTA channels into categories, I cant find the file I originally had, any ideas

also he's running stock v1.25B4...should I update him while Im at it ?

Thanks

Stuxnet wrote: »
    lads I downloaded a file recently for a friend that has the ariva 150, it sorted out his FTA channels into categories, I cant find the file I originally had, any ideas

also he's running stock v1.25B4...should I update him while Im at it ?

Thanks

If it was 1.25b4 then it was probably a post from Tony that you got it from. Just have a look at his posts anytime after November; that was that version release date I think.
    Since you have to update the channel list then you could upgrade. If you want to then I posted a 1.25b8 recently with channels mostly organised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

hey lads just a quick question, im currently using the skybox f5s which i have to say is pretty ****, i have a chance to pick one of these box's up cheap, would you guys reccomend it over the f5s?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

ufc pro wrote: »
    hey lads just a quick question, im currently using the skybox f5s which i have to say is pretty ****, i have a chance to pick one of these box's up cheap, would you guys reccomend it over the f5s?

Don't know anything about f5s but this is a great box for the rrp, so if you can get it even cheaper than that, then I would go for it. What is teh asking price?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

for cheap yes dont know skybox f5 but have the emu software on my 250 which is simular to the 150 and is working ok

its actually the ariva 200 hd, i can get one for 30 euoro!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

its actually the ariva 200 hd, i can get one for 30 euoro!!!

Don't know anything about the 200 - maybe ask in the 200 thread if there is one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Have a look here and here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Isn't there an Ariva 200 & a 200 combo? The former would seem to be a satellite-only version of the 250, while the latter is an older combo model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Peter The 200 is the first Ariva "Combo".

It was replaced by the Ariva 120 and 220 combo models (Ali m3602 chip).

They in turn were replaced by the Ariva 150 and Ariva 250 combo models (Ali M3606).

All different firmware types, not interchangable and different sizes anyhoo..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Seems to have been a satellite-only Ariva 200. I see now the different style 'Ariva' branding on the 150 & 250.

I'd noticed the current-model 102e & 202e & got the idea into my head that this 200 might have been related to the 250, but on closer inspection . . . (And it would have been a confusing re-use of a model no.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

There was definetely a Ariva HD200 Combo

a200combo_front.png

The first HD combo box from Ferguson was the big chunky one was just labelled "Ferguson Ariva HD Combo".

Ariva_HDcombo_front_open.jpg

Then they made them smaller and started using those 3602 and 3606 chipsets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

i am trying to sort the tv channels on my device at home using the ariva editor 2.2 software, when i dump the abs file into the software the channels are appearing in weird format for example ^$%^RTE%^^1 , any idea how to get around this so i can see what channel is what and sort them accordingly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Try the Ariva_3606_Editor

AdrianII wrote: »
    i am trying to sort the tv channels on my device at home using the ariva editor 2.2 software, when i dump the abs file into the software the channels are appearing in weird format for example ^$%^RTE%^^1 , any idea how to get around this so i can see what channel is what and sort them accordingly

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

is the ariva 250 hd worth getting?

Its no longer in production (replaced by the 252). If you are buying second hand though might be better posting in the 250 thread , bound to be more owners subscribed to that thread.

is the ariva 250 hd worth getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Quick question. I've read the past posts and I can see that I use the USB dump option to backup my channels (I'd lost everything earlier after a firmware upgrade - doh).

I've put all the channels back in now and recreated all my favourites groups. Took 3 hours. :) my question is, will the USB dump save the favourite groups as well as the channels???

Thanks

dump a backup file . that is best

and then to upload it go to userdb and select it

better than just a channel list

• Advertisement

You're dumping the firmware with the channel list embedded in it. Upload if needed using 'allcode and bootloader' and it'll be exactly the same as you have on the box now.

I think the userdb upload is for channel list only and if you use this method, you will have to rename your favourites lists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Avns1s wrote: »
    You're dumping the firmware with the channel list embedded in it. Upload if needed using 'allcode and bootloader' and it'll be exactly the same as you have on the box now.

That's Awesome! Exactly the same including favorites groups etc. Like an exact ghost/flash of my box. That's exactly what I needed to know Avns1s. Good to know I'll not have to go through the pain of setup again if I wipe the box inadvertently. :)

100gSoma wrote: »
    That's Awesome! Exactly the same including favorites groups etc. Like an exact ghost/flash of my box. That's exactly what I needed to know Avns1s. Good to know I'll not have to go through the pain of setup again if I wipe the box inadvertently. :)

Just remember to keep it up to date as you update the transponder changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Can someone tell me how to rescan ariva 150 combo.
    the notice to rescan coming on rte 1.
    as simple as possible please, this is not my reciever it is an elderly relatives and I will be rescanning for them, I have never even used this receiver before so not even familiar with the remote etc, thank you

http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Frequently_Asked_Questions.html

as simple as possible please, this is not my reciever it is an elderly relatives and I will be rescanning for them, I have never even used this receiver before so not even familiar with the remote etc, thank you

Press MENU > Scroll < or > to get to "Installation"

Go to "Terrestrial Automatic Scan", and press ok. Select Ireland as the country and Select No where it says "FTA Only". Then Press "Search".

Should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 clarea

PatchZ wrote: »
    Anyone notice a loss of nearly all channels from the favourite groups?
    It happened today when I was recording the rugby, occasionally pausing it etc. First I noticed that hitting the info button did not show up the normal now/next. Then when I tried to change channel I was missing almost all of them. Think I had fav group 1 & 5 left with just a few channels in each. Power off and on didn't help so it took a reburn of the user db. And I think this happened once before now that I think back. Odd behaviour; glad I had a backup of my settings.

Hi Patch, just wondering if you are still experiencing this problem with channels disappearing? I recently updated to version 1.25b4 (first update I've ever had to do) and within a day or two noticed channels vanishing from my favourite groups! Just like your experience, it always seems to coincide with recording for some strange reason. Have since updated to what I think is Ferguson's latest update (version 1.25B8) and still having exactly the same problem. If anyone has any ideas how to solve this I'd love to hear them!

clarea wrote: »
    Hi Patch, just wondering if you are still experiencing this problem with channels disappearing? I recently updated to version 1.25b4 (first update I've ever had to do) and within a day or two noticed channels vanishing from my favourite groups! Just like your experience, it always seems to coincide with recording for some strange reason. Have since updated to what I think is Ferguson's latest update (version 1.25B8) and still having exactly the same problem. If anyone has any ideas how to solve this I'd love to hear them!

I upgraded to the latest, 1.25b8, and haven't seen the issue since. I had been using 1.24b1 I think. But I've only recorded and watched delayed a couple of times since so maybe the problem is still lurking there. Not sure. I was a bit worried that it was a hardware issue; maybe the flash on the way out but I guess not.

Not sure what to do to fix it. Are you using an external hard disk or USB key? Do you have timeshift enabled? I have it disabled to limit disk usage but, as that feature essentially records all the time I'm also avoiding it in case it could increase likelihood of this problem. You could try disabling it for now to see if it has any effect. Unfortunately these things can be tricky to find.

I'll have a try to record some stuff over the next day or two and see if I can provoke the problem. Just to say I keep a backup of my firmware on the disk in case it does happen; I can just update the user database if it does. I'll let you know if I find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 clarea

I upgraded to the latest, 1.25b8, and haven't seen the issue since. I had been using 1.24b1 I think. But I've only recorded and watched delayed a couple of times since so maybe the problem is still lurking there. Not sure. I was a bit worried that it was a hardware issue; maybe the flash on the way out but I guess not.

Not sure what to do to fix it. Are you using an external hard disk or USB key? Do you have timeshift enabled? I have it disabled to limit disk usage but, as that feature essentially records all the time I'm also avoiding it in case it could increase likelihood of this problem. You could try disabling it for now to see if it has any effect. Unfortunately these things can be tricky to find.

I'll have a try to record some stuff over the next day or two and see if I can provoke the problem. Just to say I keep a backup of my firmware on the disk in case it does happen; I can just update the user database if it does. I'll let you know if I find anything.
    I'm using an external hard drive - I have another one somewhere so will try that first for a day or two and see if that helps. If that doesn't fix it will disable the timehift and see if that makes a difference. Thanks a million for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I previously deleted a channel I now want to get back. I have now deleted all the channels bar the Irish ones. So how do I get every channel back again and then I'll work through the ones I want or don't want.

So can someone explain, very simply how I can put all of these non-Irish channels back in?

• Advertisement

go into satellite scan and do a blind search on astra28.2 if its only the free channels use fta only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Grand thanks, I actually just figured it out just as I wrote it this!

clarea wrote: »
    I'm using an external hard drive - I have another one somewhere so will try that first for a day or two and see if that helps. If that doesn't fix it will disable the timehift and see if that makes a difference. Thanks a million for your help!

Clarea,

I've tried recording for long periods with pause and restarts with the latest firmware and haven't come across the loss of channels issue again. I'll keep an eye out for it but so far no luck repeating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I've a problem getting Rte 1 scanned on the 150 since it changed frequency at the start of the month. I scanned two 250s no bother, but when I do it on the 150 rte1 doesn't show up at all.

Any suggestions appreciated Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

AntiRip wrote: »
    I've a problem getting Rte 1 scanned on the 150 since it changed frequency at the start of the month. I scanned two 250s no bother, but when I do it on the 150 rte1 doesn't show up at all.

Any suggestions appreciated Thanks.

check it has not shown up on ch11...you will have to manually move it down the channel list.

steveon wrote: »
    check it has not shown up on ch11...you will have to manually move it down the channel list.

Nope. It moved to channel 18 on both 250s but nowhere on the 150.

Thanks Tony I'll have a look at that link now

Tony wrote: »

Still no luck with this. There are no frequencies listed there for RTE either. Can I manually add RTE 1 in like you would with other FTA channels like BBC or UTV?

There would be no point in listing freqs are they are different in each area . If you want to know the freq from your transmitter take a look at the coverage checker on Saorview.ie and then do a manual terrestrial scan

AntiRip wrote: »
    Still no luck with this. There are no frequencies listed there for RTE either. Can I manually add RTE 1 in like you would with other FTA channels like BBC or UTV?

• Advertisement

Version 1.26 firmware has been released , I've made up a channel list/firmware file if anyone wants to test http://www.mediafire.com/download/8uohq6p1oav1hpj/A150Combo_April_29_V1.26B3.abs

Please bear in mind I've not tested this for any great length of time so proceed at your own risk . If you get a bin file mismatch warning do not proceed.

Would be interested to see what guys think of this latest incarnation which has IPTV functionality , not sure if it had this before.

Version 1.26 firmware has been released , I've made up a channel list/firmware file if anyone wants to test http://www.mediafire.com/download/8uohq6p1oav1hpj/A150Combo_April_29_V1.26B3.abs

Please bear in mind I've not tested this for any great length of time so proceed at your own risk . If you get a bin file mismatch warning do not proceed.

Would be interested to see what guys think of this latest incarnation which has IPTV functionality , not sure if it had this before.

Thanks Tony. I've just upgraded so it'll be a while before I can spot any differences. I'll let you know if I see anything.
    I think the IPTV feature was already in previous versions. Think I might try to get the box connected and have a look.

the picture quality on the 250 is better imo

Thanks , will be interesting to see what you think.

Thanks Tony. I've just upgraded so it'll be a while before I can spot any differences. I'll let you know if I see anything.
    I think the IPTV feature was already in previous versions. Think I might try to get the box connected and have a look.

Thanks , will be interesting to see what you think.

Tony, not much to say about the update. Very little to see.

One bug fix I noticed (although it may have been in the previous version, don't know for sure) is while recording a channel from a favourite group, you are stuck in that group. A pain if you are recording say a saorview channel and want to have a look at a satellite channel in a different group. They fixed this by switching to the All Channels group whenever you record. Not a perfect fix but a welcome workaround.

So it is good that real problems are being addressed.

I might add that the issue with recording and then playing a file and the record getting messed up is still there. That is a nasty bug that I would have thought would be relatively easy to block.

Thanks Patch , useful info. I can understand your frustration at that problem not being fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Redskins

Hello,
    Has anybody got an up to date channel list that includes the Movie & sports channels?

Thanks

Tony posted one just a few posts back.

Tony posted one just a few posts back.

Mine does not have pay tv channels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Redskins

Thanks Tony,
    I got your list, I'll scan the pay TV channels & add them myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 willwe

Ive jumped from 1.24 to this version. The only thing I have noticed so far is that when I press the off button goes to the red light, whereas before it went to the green light and clock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement