Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson Ariva 150

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

willwe wrote: »
    Ive jumped from 1.24 to this version. The only thing I have noticed so far is that when I press the off button goes to the red light, whereas before it went to the green light and clock.

That's just a setting......

Menu > System Setup > Other > Clock in Standby - Set to "on".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭ALS

Can someone please advise ,I was trying to sort out the channels on a Ariva 150 and ended up with ASH message on the display and now I do not seem to be able to do anything , cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

you need to flash ur box via rs232 serial cable . posted a few times already in topic

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Robbie085

ALS wrote: »
    Can someone please advise ,I was trying to sort out the channels on a Ariva 150 and ended up with ASH message on the display and now I do not seem to be able to do anything , cheers

You need to get your box reflashed . It happened to me before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

As stated you need to get your box flashed. If you wanted to post your general location, perhaps some kindly soul might offer to do it for you.

In Clarehall north Dublin , but can travel ( with box ) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭PatchZ

In Clarehall north Dublin , but can travel ( with box ) :-)

I work in Clonshaugh and I'll be there Tuesday so I could help you out if you don't get any other offers. I had this issue before and you need a PC with a proper serial interface (the USB types don't seem to work) so I had to make use of a very old Pc belonging to the in-laws. Let me know if you need help and I'll try to root out the serial cable I used.

the usb ones do work with latest firmware and using correct com port in erom updater

Nowso wrote: »
    the usb ones do work with latest firmware and using correct com port in erom updater

Thanks.
    I'm sure some do but those I've tried don't (two different types), so they are not dependable. If someone needs to fix their box I don't want to send them down a path that won't work.
    Actually, if you have a USB serial dongle that does work maybe let us know the type so we can at least point people in the right direction.

PatchZ wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I'm sure some do but those I've tried don't (two different types), so they are not dependable. If someone needs to fix their box I don't want to send them down a path that won't work.
    Actually, if you have a USB serial dongle that does work maybe let us know the type so we can at least point people in the right direction.

think that is the Model

http://eu.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Serial-Cards-Adapters/USB-to-Null-Modem-RS232-DB9-Serial-Adapter-Cable-DCE-FTDI~ICUSB232FTN

its e188601 model , other simular one may work 2

• Advertisement

Thanks, that's handy to know. The serial port dongles I have tried were both usb to normal rs232 serial not usb to rs232 null modem. I had to add a null modem cable to mine which was a step too far for them. I didn't know you could get usb to null modem *sigh*. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Flashing from one box to another is also an option but it does not work 100% of the time.

I work in Clonshaugh and I'll be there Tuesday so I could help you out if you don't get any other offers. I had this issue before and you need a PC with a proper serial interface (the USB types don't seem to work) so I had to make use of a very old Pc belonging to the in-laws. Let me know if you need help and I'll try to root out the serial cable I used.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Got it sorted today , cheers everyone :-)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Guys is there anywhere on the interweb or does anyone have a link as to where i can download a channel list for the Ariva 150 on to a usb stick. I have been asked to re-tune a few boxes in the last few weeks and i don't want to go back to the days of tuning deleting and moving channels. Any help appreciated.

I used the link that Tony posted 2 pages back and done my in-laws 2 boxes today no problem

What i am looking for is a pre numbered channel list that is loaded from a USB stick into the receivers like other receivers such as Walker, Triax and Alma.
    As i said i don't want to go back to the days of tuning deleting and moving channels.

What Als said

Navarre wrote: »
    What i am looking for is a pre numbered channel list that is loaded from a USB stick into the receivers like other receivers such as Walker, Triax and Alma.
    As i said i don't want to go back to the days of tuning deleting and moving channels.

Thanks Tony and ALS for that link. Is there anywhere on the interweb that i could download a channel list from instead of retuning deleting and moving channels.

I'm confused by your question,the link I posted is a channel list which does not require any retuning deleting etc.

Thanks Tony and ALS for that link. Is there anywhere on the interweb that i could download a channel list from instead of retuning deleting and moving channels.

• Advertisement

Tony wrote: »
    I'm confused by your question,the link I posted is a channel list which does not require any retuning deleting etc.

Tony I don't see any option to download a channel list from the link 2 pages back maybe i am missing something. What i am looking for is a channel list that i can download on to a USB to load into some Ariva 150's. There are up to date channel lists available for Walker, Alma and triax on the net but I cant come across any for Ariva 150. Can you direct me to the link or PM a link. Thanks :)

Just click on the media fire link , its pretty self explanatory to be fair. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90151713&postcount=1141

Tony I don't see any option to download a channel list from the link 2 pages back maybe i am missing something. What i am looking for is a channel list that i can download on to a USB to load into some Ariva 150's. There are up to date channel lists available for Walker, Alma and triax on the net but I cant come across any for Ariva 150. Can you direct me to the link or PM a link. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

Hi lads,
    I upgraded the Mother's box last week with the new software and channel list (thanks Tony!). All went fine but she's now getting a strange message when she tries to record something, "NO RECORD PARTITION". Once we switch the box off with the switch on the back and back on again it works fine again and records without issue. Any ideas of how to fix this permanantly???
    Also, the kids are getting a 'no signal' message every now and again on 12051, V, the transponder of Cartoon Network/Boomerang. According to the settings this is on Eurobird and not Astra2 and when I try to search the frequency on Astra different channels are found. Is this an LNB set up issue????

What size is the disk you are using ? Cartoon network is not a free channel so perhaps this is why you are not receiving it.

denis1501 wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    I upgraded the Mother's box last week with the new software and channel list (thanks Tony!). All went fine but she's now getting a strange message when she tries to record something, "NO RECORD PARTITION". Once we switch the box off with the switch on the back and back on again it works fine again and records without issue. Any ideas of how to fix this permanantly???
    Also, the kids are getting a 'no signal' message every now and again on 12051, V, the transponder of Cartoon Network/Boomerang. According to the settings this is on Eurobird and not Astra2 and when I try to search the frequency on Astra different channels are found. Is this an LNB set up issue????

Using the Sky card in the Ariva to watch the kids channels.
    It's a 1tb drive and she's been using it without issue for over 2 years.

Using the Sky card in the Ariva to watch the kids channels.
    It's a 1tb drive and she's been using it without issue for over 2 years.

Ah I see, well maybe check the quality and signal reading on that particular transponder . Usually specific transponder issues relate to cabling and not the lnb or dish . Dish misalignment will show up on multiple transponders . If you partition to disk into 2 x 500gb it may solve the problem, ferguson recommend not using anything larger than 500 .

• Advertisement

I'll certainly check the cabling. Same transponder booming in on the Skybox in the bedroom.Why is it that if that frequency is added to Astra and searched (instead of Eurobird) channels of a different transponder are found?
    If I partition the HD what will happen to the programmes she's already recorded???
    thanks.

Tony wrote: »
    Ah I see, well maybe check the quality and signal reading on that particular transponder . Usually specific transponder issues relate to cabling and not the lnb or dish . Dish misalignment will show up on multiple transponders . If you partition to disk into 2 x 500gb it may solve the problem, ferguson recommend not using anything larger than 500 .

On the disk:

I'm using a 1TB drive too and have no problems. However, I noticed some recording issues with newer firmware until I defragmented the drive. I'd suggest two things:
    1. Check the disk for errors; the box has a flaky filing system that leaves errors, particularly the older firmware. Stick the drive on a PC, open My Computer, Right click on the drive and under Tools you should have Error Checking. Run this and let it fix any errors; guaranteed to have some I would think.
    2. Then under the same Tools run the defragmenter; this takes time but well worth it.

And on the channel:

Double check that the channel setting isn't off a little bit. That happened in an earlier firmware with the BBC HD channels. Check online for the transponder settings for the channel in question (Try here: http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A.html). Then check the setting for that transponder frequency to make sure it is the same.

They will get wiped so probably best to tray Patchz's suggestions first.

If I partition the HD what will happen to the programmes she's already recorded???
    thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭hesker

Guys,

Having a problem with a 150 I set up for my mother. Picture quality of RTE1 is very poor. Plays for a few seconds and then freezes for long periods. All other terestrial channels are working fine. Not set up for satellite at the minute. I took the box away and gave her a different model which works perfectly fine on all channels.

I checked the signal quality on the 150 and the stats looked very low. However when I check on the replacement box the signal quality is very good so pretty sure it's not a signal quality issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi I had the same issue with my parents box, it was the connection on the terrestrial cable, make sure the Co ax connection is perfect on the cable...
    hesker wrote: »
    Guys,

Having a problem with a 150 I set up for my mother. Picture quality of RTE1 is very poor. Plays for a few seconds and then freezes for long periods. All other terestrial channels are working fine. Not set up for satellite at the minute. I took the box away and gave her a different model which works perfectly fine on all channels.

I checked the signal quality on the 150 and the stats looked very low. However when I check on the replacement box the signal quality is very good so pretty sure it's not a signal quality issue.

• Advertisement

Sorted. It was simply a matter of moving the channel.

Sorted. It was simply a matter of moving the channel.

Glad you got it fixed. When you say moving it sorted it out for you could you fill me in on what you mean?

Glad you got it fixed. When you say moving it sorted it out for you could you fill me in on what you mean?

OK this is what I did. When the box was set up at my mother's house I did an automatic rescan and could not find a good signal for RTE1 but could for all the other channels. I now can't recall if I checked all the channels showing up as RTE 1 for a good signal.

Brought the box to my own house and set it up. Did a full automatic scan and then went about manually sorting the channel numbers. RTE 1 was around channel 84 I think.

This leads me to think if I had spent more time checking at my mother's house I would have found the channel and been able to move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 akpm2010

Hi,

Sorry if this is not the right place to post but just wondering if anyone is having an issue with the Ariva 150 Youtube playback of 720p video? Seems to play 320p with no problems but 720p video can stall/stop/start, etc as if it's trying to buffer or a bad connection. My setup is :-

Ariva 150 FW V1.26B3
    Video Resolution - By Source
    Wired LAN connection via Eircom router
    Download Speed = 2.63Mbps
    Upload Speed = 322kbps

Playback via YouTube 720p resolution clips picture+sound stalling/start/stop -
    for example - Level 42 @ Estival Jazz Lugano 2010

Thanks a mil,
    Alan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Marduk

I did an automatic rescan and could not find a good signal for RTE1 but could for all the other channels. I now can't recall if I checked all the channels showing up as RTE 1 for a good signal.

The Arivas are not Saorview approved. In an auto-scan, if multiple transmitters are picked up, Saorview approved receivers should only store the one set of channels with the best signal.

Generic receivers will tend to store all found channels in the order they are encountered in the search, usually lowest to highest frequency.

The best way to avoid this is to select the DVB T only list and delete the channels found there before re (terrestrial) scanning , it will then add any channels found to the end of the "All Channels " list.

clarea wrote: »
    Hi Patch, just wondering if you are still experiencing this problem with channels disappearing? I recently updated to version 1.25b4 (first update I've ever had to do) and within a day or two noticed channels vanishing from my favourite groups! Just like your experience, it always seems to coincide with recording for some strange reason. Have since updated to what I think is Ferguson's latest update (version 1.25B8) and still having exactly the same problem. If anyone has any ideas how to solve this I'd love to hear them!

Holy moly I've managed to repeat this issue.
    At last.

I can repeatedly record a channel and wipe out most of my other channels requiring a reload of the user db to restore them.

It's a very serious bug and it showed up originally when I was recording 6 nations rugby games and, last night and tonight when recording world cup football matches. Thought it might be a box with a dislike of sport!
    The problem arises when I record any saorview channel from my 1st favourite group. I had thought it only happened when I paused the record and dropped into timeshift but not so. After I stop recording I see that all my other favourite groups are gone and almost all channels are gone. I'm left with 23 of 65 channels on the Astra list and only 1 of 20 on the Eurobird list.

When I tested this previously I had recorded BBC 1 from the same favourite group but this doesn't trigger the issue. You have to record saorview channels.

This was happening to me before when I was on 1.24b1 but now I'm on 1.26b3 so, still an issue. I wonder did it creep in when they made a change that was to address the problem when recording from a favourite group you are stuck in that group. They changed it so that you go into the All Channels group when recording. That doesn't seem to be the case when recording saorview channels.

Edit: I found a workaround if you are affected by this. If you start the record while in the All Channels group then it doesn't lose the channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Guys any recent updated channel list? Last one I have is from April which Tony made available. Presume there has been some changes since..

Guys any recent updated channel list? Last one I have is from April which Tony made available. Presume there has been some changes since..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcxw88wf6si2wdl/Ariva150_126B3.abs

Hey. Yes here's my latest list based on 1.26b3 firmware. The channels list & user settings are bundled with the firmware so you can upgrade to latest code.

It has the new BBC red button channels which have been great for the world cup & glastonbury (and wimbledon if that's your cup of tea). And a few other channel updates missing from this firmware release. I have the channels in 5 favourite groups; main, misc, news, music, kids. One thing to watch out for, this firmware (and a few previous versions) have a bug where if you record a saorview channel from a favourite group then it wipes most of the channels when finished. I know of one other user that suffered this too. The workaround is to start the recording from the All Channels group; real pain but hopefully they'll fix it.

Usual warnings apply; take care copying to a usb key making sure to remove the key properly, when loading if you get a warning that it is not compatible (or some such warning) DO NOT proceed with update; it will brick your box. Remember Ariva 150 Combo only.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭thatsmyboy

Hi guys just a question. Under all channels on my box some of my channels are duplicated 3 or 4 times with maybe just one of them picking up a signal. My question is there any easier way than having to delete each channel separately. Also is there any easier way to get to sky sports if I'm on let's say MTV as at the moment I'm having to go through it manually and it takes ages. My box is the ariva 150 combo. Ta in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

thatsmyboy wrote: »
    Hi guys just a question. Under all channels on my box some of my channels are duplicated 3 or 4 times with maybe just one of them picking up a signal. My question is there any easier way than having to delete each channel separately. Also is there any easier way to get to sky sports if I'm on let's say MTV as at the moment I'm having to go through it manually and it takes ages. My box is the ariva 150 combo. Ta in advance.

Use the Ariva Editor (available on the Ferguson website).

Downlaod stations to usb stick. Upload them to your PC. Edit them with the Editor. Put them back on the USB stick. Upload them back onto the box via the USB stick.

I can't remember for sure, but I think you can just type the station number eg if sky sports is on 123 type 123 on remote.

Or

If you go into the station list, just press the letter S to get you to stations beginning with S after you put them in sort order (red button I think)

Just to add to that, one thing I like to do is group the stations into different favourite groups. So for example, I have a main group with the most regular stations, one for news, one for music, one for kids etc. Again you can do that with the editor. Just be careful using the usb key. Make sure you unload it safely from the PC or you could brick the box.

New software 1.26b5 for 52E, 102mini, 102E, 150Combo, 152Combo, 202E, 250Combo, 252Combo

and

1.27B1 for arriva Ariva 103 + 203

New software 1.26b5 for 52E, 102mini, 102E, 150Combo, 152Combo, 202E, 250Combo, 252Combo

and

I've had a quick try of this new version. So far nothing noticeable showing up. The main bugs that I know of are still there and I guess, with the minor version number increase, that the changes are minimal. Mind you, with a 1.27 available for the 103/203 it might be ready soon for the other models. Thanks for flagging the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Whats the story with "My IPTV"
    Does it actually work and how ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Hi All
    Does anyone have a few mins to help out with this issue
    My father in law has an Ariva 150
    Every week we go up to visit the box seems to have defaulted and changed all the channels around
    I used to factory reset and rescan and put them back in the order he wanted
    Now I have a back up on a usb stick which I have left there and just plug it in and reload v1.26B3 .abs
    I have tried to replicate the issue pushing every button on the remote
    but no joy cant get it to reset
    But 5 mins after walking out the door he will be on the phone saying its gone again

He is getting old but seems to think that this happens when he uses the aertel text which I have tuned the scrambled RTE1 from you know who to a spare station so he can see the football results
    But I have tried it loads of times with no resetting

Question 1
    Can I save this backup as the factory default so that when it resets it will come back with the same version ? how do I do this

Question 2
    there is a new version of firmware on the ferguson site v1.26B5
    If I upgrade can I use the same channel list that I saved from the box to make a new .abs backup

Just on a side note
    Is there any legitimate cards he can buy for watching sports that work in this box without any hocus pocus just plug the card in the slot & tune to the provider you have the sub with

Many thanks and sorry about the long post

Technofobe wrote: »
    Hi All
    Does anyone have a few mins to help out with this issue
    My father in law has an Ariva 150 Every week we go up to visit the box seems to have defaulted and changed all the channels around I used to factory reset and rescan and put them back in the order he wanted Now I have a back up on a usb stick which I have left there and just plug it in and reload v1.26B3 .abs I have tried to replicate the issue pushing every button on the remotebut no joy cant get it to reset
    But 5 mins after walking out the door he will be on the phone saying its gone again

He is getting old but seems to think that this happens when he uses the aertel text which I have tuned the scrambled RTE1 from you know who to a spare station so he can see the football results
    But I have tried it loads of times with no resetting

Hey,

On the problem you are seeing I think I know what might be causing it. Do you have a disk/stick attached for recording?

The problem I've seen is if you have a favourite group set up with saorview & satellite channels in it, and you record a saorview channel, then when you stop the recording most of the channels get wiped; both saorview and satellite. It is a very serious bug and seems to be in all recent versions. I've reported it to them but no attempt at a fix or workaround in the last couple of versions.

The only workaround I've found is to start the record from the All Channels group or the DVB group. Any recording from any favourite group of saorview kills the channels.

As for changing the default in the box you can do this. I've only done it for the channel list to save me scanning again when I update the code. I saved the channel list and then load it back in again into the default database. Check the post from STB at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86238314

If you do not have a disk on the box then clearly it is something else.

Finally, I wouldn't bother with the latest update if 1.26B3 is working for you. I tried it out with no apparent bug fixes. It may have been just a minor update to the channel lists.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

From a slightly different, I have a 150 in a holiday home and on the last two week-ends, I found most of my satellite channels wiped. I may have left usb drive connected. I had channel list saved so not a big problem. I'm running Vers. 125B8 and wonder is it worth my while upgrading to a newer version,
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 willwe

and

I think I will not upgrade as I like to "Let sleeping dogs lie" ;-)

On IPTV I followed the link and downloaded the file but my Norton antivirus kicked in saying it was unsafe. Anyone else open it

Advertisement