Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson Ariva 150

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭PatchZ

daphil wrote: »
    From a slightly different, I have a 150 in a holiday home and on the last two week-ends, I found most of my satellite channels wiped. I may have left usb drive connected. I had channel list saved so not a big problem. I'm running Vers. 125B8 and wonder is it worth my while upgrading to a newer version,
    Thanks.

I would say no. I haven't noticed any significant difference between that version and the latest. Do you record on that stick? I'm only seeing the loss of channels bug when I record a saorview channel from a favourite group. If I record it from the All Channels group, or from the DVB group then I don't see it. So does it happen when you record? Or is it happening at some other stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

PatchZ wrote: »
    Hey,

On the problem you are seeing I think I know what might be causing it. Do you have a disk/stick attached for recording?

The problem I've seen is if you have a favourite group set up with saorview & satellite channels in it, and you record a saorview channel, then when you stop the recording most of the channels get wiped; both saorview and satellite. It is a very serious bug and seems to be in all recent versions. I've reported it to them but no attempt at a fix or workaround in the last couple of versions.

The only workaround I've found is to start the record from the All Channels group or the DVB group. Any recording from any favourite group of saorview kills the channels.

As for changing the default in the box you can do this. I've only done it for the channel list to save me scanning again when I update the code. I saved the channel list and then load it back in again into the default database. Check the post from STB at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86238314

If you do not have a disk on the box then clearly it is something else.

Finally, I wouldn't bother with the latest update if 1.26B3 is working for you. I tried it out with no apparent bug fixes. It may have been just a minor update to the channel lists.

Good luck with it.

Thanks for your reply
    I had seen your earlier post regarding the issue while recording
    But I can say definatly no usb connected and no recordings done on this box
    Even tried pressing the record while watching to see but no recording took place as it said no partition defined or something like that
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

I would say no. I haven't noticed any significant difference between that version and the latest. Do you record on that stick? I'm only seeing the loss of channels bug when I record a saorview channel from a favourite group. If I record it from the All Channels group, or from the DVB group then I don't see it. So does it happen when you record? Or is it happening at some other stage?

Yes I usually record from a Favourite group on that stick. Seems to be happening on Sat side only though.

daphil wrote: »
    Yes I usually record from a Favourite group on that stick. Seems to be happening on Sat side only though.

Well I think that's the problem. A known bug. Let's hope they fix it soon.

Technofobe wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply
    I had seen your earlier post regarding the issue while recording
    But I can say definatly no usb connected and no recordings done on this box
    Even tried pressing the record while watching to see but no recording took place as it said no partition defined or something like that
    Thanks

Right it isn't that problem so.
    Mind you, wouldn't be surprised if there was another way to repeat it. I'll play around with it and if I find I'll let you know.

• Advertisement

Thanks
    I will still try to repeat it as well

Ideally if I could set the current channell list as the default I think that would work too
    As he would not notice if it went back to default

Cheers

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

By any chance would anyone have a link to the most up to date channel list for this receiver, I no longer have this receiver but my sister has one and is missing quite a few channels from her lists.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭corm500

Just got one of these boxes and attached a hard drive. Live pause no issues. But last night I recorded a programme on timer on C5. I tried to start watching the programme before it had finished recording but was unable to access the pvr function to start watching it. The only way I could watch it was to stop the recording. Am I doing something wrong?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    By any chance would anyone have a link to the most up to date channel list for this receiver, I no longer have this receiver but my sister has one and is missing quite a few channels from her lists.

thanks

Here is my latest firmware & channel list. I have live tv disabled so you might want to re-enable it if you use it. I've left a few channels off the list but most important ones are there. And I have most of them in favourite groups main/extra/news/music/kids; I think in that order.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1vkoll6g7zstiu/Ariva150_126B5.abs?dl=0

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Good man yourself, thank you very much.

• Advertisement

corm500 wrote: »
    Just got one of these boxes and attached a hard drive. Live pause no issues. But last night I recorded a programme on timer on C5. I tried to start watching the programme before it had finished recording but was unable to access the pvr function to start watching it. The only way I could watch it was to stop the recording. Am I doing something wrong?

No not really. The record function is a little buggy. For example you can start watching a program on the disk while recording; but it actually stops it recording without warning. One of a few serious bugs reported but not fixed.

What I do is switch to the recording program channel and pause it and rewind back. It means it keeps recording and I can watch. I use this a lot. Give it a try and any problems let me know.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Good man yourself, thank you very much.

No problem. Remember Ariva 150 only and make sure if you put it on a usb stick that you remove the stick safely. Oh, and if it warns about the file not being correct format or some such warning do not go ahead with the flash. It means it probably didn't fully copy to the usb stick. I did it once to my embarrassment.

Technofobe wrote: »
    Thanks
    I will still try to repeat it as well

Ideally if I could set the current channell list as the default I think that would work too
    As he would not notice if it went back to default

Cheers
    Hi folks
    Still having trouble with my father in laws box
    It lost all the channels again today ferguson ariva 150 combo
    I reloaded the backup i have stored on usb that I have left in the house as this is happening every week now
    Difference today as it is taking a coons age to display the rte channels
    I had a ferret around today and while checking the signal strength
    I noticed its very low 36% signal intensity
    10% signal quality
    Is this meter accurate WP_20140906_001_zps0c4a13d2.jpg
    I ask because initally I thought maybe the aerial had moved so I went out in the garden and had a look up and it appeared to be pointing same direction as others toward 3rock
    also just to be sure to be sure I got up on the roof and had a proper look and I can see 3 rock

Convinced that this signal meter is not great I disconnected the f connector into the aerial and checked again and it still said it was 36%

WP_20140906_005_zpsfe26b59c.jpg

can anyone using a 150 combo off 3 rock check the frequency
    to see if its the same as the last picture here please
    at the bottom it says 570100/8M

As now when I do an automatic scan it says no chanells found
    But if I wait long enough RTE eventually comes on
    In recent weeks it takes around 5 mins for rte to come on
    Satelite stations come up straight away just not RTE
    WP_20140906_004_zpsafa349a7.jpg
    Thanks and sorry about the long post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Change from freq to channel in the manual scan menu and check channels 30 and 33 for 3 rock for signal and quality.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    Change from freq to channel in the manual scan menu and check channels 30 and 33 for 3 rock for signal and quality.
    Will give it a try when im up there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

We recently switched from UPC to Soarview and Freesat. We are using the Ariva 150 box but have noticed that the audio goes out of sync quite a lot. Especially when watching something recorded.

I have not yet updated the firmware on the box. Is this a known issue with this box and is a firmware update likely to fix it?

Are you using scart or HDMi connection ?

We recently switched from UPC to Soarview and Freesat. We are using the Ariva 150 box but have noticed that the audio goes out of sync quite a lot. Especially when watching something recorded.

I have not yet updated the firmware on the box. Is this a known issue with this box and is a firmware update likely to fix it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

We recently switched from UPC to Soarview and Freesat. We are using the Ariva 150 box

You haven't switched to Freesat with an Ariva. The channels are freely available to any box with the relevant tuner, but only Freesat branded boxes provide the 7-day EPG & automatic retunes etc.

Are you using scart or HDMi connection ?

We are using a HDMI connection.

Ok you might try a scart for test purposes and if its ok there may be an audio setting on the tv which is not quite right. You could also try turning HDMI CEC on or off on the Ariva.

We are using a HDMI connection.

• Advertisement

Just curious, but what version do you have? Is the sync problem happening with live TV? I haven't noticed it myself with live TV but, by complete coincidence, last night I had audio sync problems with a movie file for the first time ever with the box.

If you have an older version like 1.18 then an upgrade may fix things for you but I never noticed it myself. I do know that the video support improved substantially from that version, which is the one I started out with.

Just curious, but what version do you have? Is the sync problem happening with live TV? I haven't noticed it myself with live TV but, by complete coincidence, last night I had audio sync problems with a movie file for the first time ever with the box.

If you have an older version like 1.18 then an upgrade may fix things for you but I never noticed it myself. I do know that the video support improved substantially from that version, which is the one I started out with.

Not sure what version it is on. I will probably look at updating it over the weekend.

We have seen sync issues with live TV as well as recorded content.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 panda516

Random request but hopefully someone will be able to help me...

An elderly relative has this combo box has recently lost her personalised list of channels which was taking channels from both an aerial input and a satellite source. Her channel 1 is now just the first satellite channel (rather than RTÉ1, RTÉ2, TV3 which had been 1,2,3) and the channels shown are just satellite ones.

Is there a simple action on the remote control to return to our old personalised list of multiple sources? I set it up myself last year but I can't for the life of me remember how without seeing it in person myself. Something with the F2 key perhaps?

Thank you very much in advance for any thoughts. I am having to help remotely as I am away for a while!

Press the Ok button and then press arrow right until list says "All Channels" at the top

panda516 wrote: »
    Random request but hopefully someone will be able to help me...

An elderly relative has this combo box has recently lost her personalised list of channels which was taking channels from both an aerial input and a satellite source. Her channel 1 is now just the first satellite channel (rather than RTÉ1, RTÉ2, TV3 which had been 1,2,3) and the channels shown are just satellite ones.

Is there a simple action on the remote control to return to our old personalised list of multiple sources? I set it up myself last year but I can't for the life of me remember how without seeing it in person myself. Something with the F2 key perhaps?

Thank you very much in advance for any thoughts. I am having to help remotely as I am away for a while!

So a new release today and I think they've finally fixed the serious bug that was causing loss of channels. The bug was to start recording a saorview channel from a favourite list causing a loss of almost all saorview & satellite channels requiring a reflash of the user settings or firmware. I've tried it now several times and the instantly repeatable bug appears fixed. Big improvement if it holds up.

So I have a firmware based on this new version with all my channels. I have timeshift switched off but you can just switch it back on if you need to. The channel list is complete for me but I removed all of the dodgy channels and a few I didn't want available.

All usual warnings apply. Ariva 150 only, do not burn if you get a warning about invalid file, make sure you unmount the usb key from the pc properly if you are doing it that way.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqmbxey5jmesdjp/Ariva150_126B7.abs?dl=0

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

give me a job 2 do retuning with new software

Another release just in time for christmas. Not sure so far what changes there are but here it is with my channel list anyway.

Now one caveat is that they say on the website not to load old lists into the code. I do use this method to load my channel list into the firmware to save a god awful amount of work and so far it doesn't appear to cause any issues.

And as ever, usual warnings apply about taking care not to kill your box. So far I'd say that if you are using 1.26b7 then there really isn't an obvious benefit to updating to this version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i682g2e0nhgit3b/Ariva150_126B9.abs?dl=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

whats the difference between the ariva 150 and the new ariva 153?

jjf1974 wrote: »

Compare these links. Do NOT use this 150 firmware with the 153. You'll brick the box if you do.

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/hd-receivers/368-ferguson-ariva-150combo.html

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/hd-receivers/475-ferguson-ariva-153-combo.html

• Advertisement

153 has a T2 terrestrial tuner so can access the full range of channels if you have Uk freeview terrestrial reception, can also handle cable TV reception but thats of little relevance to our market I reckon.

jjf1974 wrote: »

Another release just in time for christmas. Not sure so far what changes there are but here it is with my channel list anyway.

Now one caveat is that they say on the website not to load old lists into the code. I do use this method to load my channel list into the firmware to save a god awful amount of work and so far it doesn't appear to cause any issues.

And as ever, usual warnings apply about taking care not to kill your box. So far I'd say that if you are using 1.26b7 then there really isn't an obvious benefit to updating to this version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i682g2e0nhgit3b/Ariva150_126B9.abs?dl=0

- Improved support for the new YouTube API - Improved resume WiFi connections - fixed speed of the OSD - optimization of CPU utilization - improving the operation of another timers - Improved loading speed EPG - and other corrections

LATEST 1.26B9 Patched firmware for any whoever may want it

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/necwijtkwzmaexi/AADorOkhhaqNRssJaMDji_YYa?dl=0

Nowso wrote: »
    LATEST 1.26B9 Patched firmware for any whoever may want it

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/necwijtkwzmaexi/AADorOkhhaqNRssJaMDji_YYa?dl=0

Hi Nowso,

When you say 'patched' do you mean you've patched the firmware in some way?

Thanks.

Hi Nowso,

When you say 'patched' do you mean you've patched the firmware in some way?

Thanks.

not me but there are extra features on the patched version , not that i can talk much about it on the forum

Ah okay thanks for that.
    Good to know about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Anybody else find that the new software doesn't find the Sky Box Office or Sky Anytime channels? This is the same problem that the 120's had but were found fine on the last version software I was using 1.23...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ron 1

Hi. Have a problem with recording. Getting "limit Can not record" coming up on screen. But on display says "rec", was working fine until last night. Also can not pause TV . Does recognise external hard drive and still able to play recorded programmes. Any advice please?

Try copying the files you want to keep onto your PC then format the disc using the ferguson, then use your PC to put the files back on again.

ron 1 wrote: »
    Hi. Have a problem with recording. Getting "limit Can not record" coming up on screen. But on display says "rec", was working fine until last night. Also can not pause TV . Does recognise external hard drive and still able to play recorded programmes. Any advice please?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ron 1

Try copying the files you want to keep onto your PC then format the disc using the ferguson, then use your PC to put the files back on again.

Thanks Tony. Will give that a try.

Pete2k wrote: »
    Anybody else find that the new software doesn't find the Sky Box Office or Sky Anytime channels? This is the same problem that the 120's had but were found fine on the last version software I was using 1.23...

Pete2k,

One thing to check is that the TP settings for these channels are correct. I noticed before that one of the releases had incorrect settings for the BBC HD channels and they kind of worked but failed to sync a lot of the time.

You could check the settings required here http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-2A-2E-2F.html and see what the box settings are under the menu options.

• Advertisement

Pete2k,

One thing to check is that the TP settings for these channels are correct. I noticed before that one of the releases had incorrect settings for the BBC HD channels and they kind of worked but failed to sync a lot of the time.

You could check the settings required here http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-2A-2E-2F.html and see what the box settings are under the menu options.

But the receiver finds all the other channels broadcast on the same TP's no problem. It just doesn't 'see' these ones that dont broadcast any ID... same as a skyhd box wont tune them...

BBC does broadcast ID . It uses a slightly different symbol rate so its advisable to check out parameters using edit TP . Just because all channels are on the same transponder does not mean they all uses exactly the same transmission parameters so it sometimes necessary to duplicate a transponder freq in the TP list. The other alternative is to just import a channel list which modifies the database.

But the receiver finds all the other channels broadcast on the same TP's no problem. It just doesn't 'see' these ones that dont broadcast any ID... same as a skyhd box wont tune them...

BBC does broadcast ID . It uses a slightly different symbol rate so its advisable to check out parameters using edit TP . Just because all channels are on the same transponder does not mean they all uses exactly the same transmission parameters so it sometimes necessary to duplicate a transponder freq in the TP list. The other alternative is to just import a channel list which modifies the database.
    Hi Tony
    Its not the BBC channels that are the problem tho its the sky box office channels and sky anytime(on demand) ones in both SD and HD. On previous software versions these would tune with an id of 'No Name' however on the latest version the receiver jus doesn't see them. Will the receiver accept a channel list from a diff software version tho? And for the 153 no other version exists?

Hi Pete , the 150 will only accept a channel list from another 150 (unless using a bin file which can be dangerous if not carried out correctly) I'm afraid I can only comment on FTA channels as they are the only channel lists I work from.Sorry I could not be of more help

Hi Tony
    Its not the BBC channels that are the problem tho its the sky box office channels and sky anytime(on demand) ones in both SD and HD. On previous software versions these would tune with an id of 'No Name' however on the latest version the receiver jus doesn't see them. Will the receiver accept a channel list from a diff software version tho? And for the 153 no other version exists?

Pete,

Did you check if the TP settings and the published settings for the channels in question match? And I mean the Freq, Polarity H/V and the Symbol Rate (Kcs). It could be that the default setting for the satbox is just slightly different.

Pete,

Did you check if the TP settings and the published settings for the channels in question match? And I mean the Freq, Polarity H/V and the Symbol Rate (Kcs). It could be that the default setting for the satbox is just slightly different.

Yep everything ok. This version software jus won't save any channel that is not broadcasting an ID. As well as the box office and anytime channels none of the sky sports active channels will tune either...

I had an idea that I could use the ariva channel editor to change the pids of another channel to match the one I want but I find that the pid option is shaded out on the editor. Is there no way to alter the pid settings of a channel on an ariva?

Pete,

Yep everything ok. This version software jus won't save any channel that is not broadcasting an ID. As well as the box office and anytime channels none of the sky sports active channels will tune either...

I had an idea that I could use the ariva channel editor to change the pids of another channel to match the one I want but I find that the pid option is shaded out on the editor. Is there no way to alter the pid settings of a channel on an ariva?

Ah yes, there is a thing (ahem, quite a few) with the editor. If you clear the Service Id box then the other items become editable. Silly but there you go. I think that is the best way to go. Do take care with loading the file back into the box; if it gives an error warning then don't load it. I made that mistake some time back where I had copied the file to a usb stick but hadn't removed it safely. I managed to brick the box. *sigh*

Ah yes, there is a thing (ahem, quite a few) with the editor. If you clear the Service Id box then the other items become editable. Silly but there you go. I think that is the best way to go. Do take care with loading the file back into the box; if it gives an error warning then don't load it. I made that mistake some time back where I had copied the file to a usb stick but hadn't removed it safely. I managed to brick the box. *sigh*
    Thanks PatchZ never realised that's wot caused the editor to gray out. Finally got the channels tuned again. Had to create duplicate tp's by offsetting the frequency by 1 digit and then altering the pids of a tuned channel to match the non-tunable one. A lot of work thanks to Ferguson messing up but at least I av em back ☺

Instead of offsetting the freq by one you could just create the TP under another satellite , for example if the original TP was under astra 2 you could create another under eurobird.

Thanks PatchZ never realised that's wot caused the editor to gray out. Finally got the channels tuned again. Had to create duplicate tp's by offsetting the frequency by 1 digit and then altering the pids of a tuned channel to match the non-tunable one. A lot of work thanks to Ferguson messing up but at least I av em back ☺

• Advertisement
Advertisement