Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson Ariva 150

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Tony wrote: »
    Been looking more in depth at the channel list on the 153 model and it now has a "groups" option rather than the old "all channels" "astra 1" etc So even when the list says "all channels" at the top you may still need to select "all" from the drop down list that appears when you hit the yellow "groups" button on the remote.

Does anyone thing we should start a new thread for the 153 to avoid confusion ?

I agree Tony that a new thread is advisable as these boxes are easily corrupted by the use of the wrong firmware which is specific to each box.

I would also suggest a new thread for the 103 - the follow on from the 102E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Ok I'll kick it off with the above post

new thread for 153 here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057378344

Avns1s wrote: »
    I agree Tony that a new thread is advisable as these boxes are easily corrupted by the use of the wrong firmware which is specific to each box.

I would also suggest a new thread for the 103 - the follow on from the 102E.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭PatchZ

Keeping things up-to-date here is the latest release of firmware (1.27b2) with channel lists.
    As usual, take care to copy the file properly if using a usb key.
    For Ariva 150 only.
    Also, I have timeshift switched off so you may want to switch it on again.
    Also to note that last week recording/watching the rugby I lost all my channels again; used to happen all the time. This week, with the new firmware, it didn't happen. Doesn't mean it's completely fixed but maybe???

The saorview channels are for my locality (North Wicklow/South Dublin) so you may need to rescan if you are in another part of the country. I have heard people live outside this area but can't say I've come across them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa33hv5jtk58b12/Ariva150_127B2.abs?dl=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

PatchZ wrote: »
    Keeping things up-to-date here is the latest release of firmware (1.27b2) with channel lists.
    As usual, take care to copy the file properly if using a usb key.
    For Ariva 150 only.
    Also, I have timeshift switched off so you may want to switch it on again.
    Also to note that last week recording/watching the rugby I lost all my channels again; used to happen all the time. This week, with the new firmware, it didn't happen. Doesn't mean it's completely fixed but maybe???

The saorview channels are for my locality (North Wicklow/South Dublin) so you may need to rescan if you are in another part of the country. I have heard people live outside this area but can't say I've come across them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa33hv5jtk58b12/Ariva150_127B2.abs?dl=0

:D:D

Stall the ball!

They've just released another update, 1.27B3, which I'm guessing fixes something they missed in the last release. So I'd hold off on updating just yet.

I'll update as soon as I get a chance. Wish to god they'd do something about the reset of channels on each firmware update. Really silly and lazy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Mislabelled and its not the patch firmware only the origninal one !! have to back up and look for the patch

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/necwijtkwzmaexi/AADorOkhhaqNRssJaMDji_YYa?dl=0

Correct 150,250,252 patched 1.27b3 firnware now here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/necwijtkwzmaexi/AADorOkhhaqNRssJaMDji_YYa?dl=0

Folks,

Avoid 1.27B3. Again it's to do with losing channels & favourite group lists. Just put together a version this evening with all my channels and recorded something on RTE1, which is in a group with a mix of the main channels. And after the record finished nearly all of my channels were gone. I dropped back to 1.27B2 and it doesn't happen. Back to 1.27B3 and easily repeat the problem.

I'd be a bit wary of 1.27B2 as well to be honest. They clearly spotted a problem and released 1.27B3 within the week to fix it. But in the process reintroduced this old issue.

Such a shame they have such lousy software quality. I was away for the week and was using a triax box plus saorview on the tv. Awful setup. Made me appreciate the 150. But man, wish they'd get their releases together.

I agree 100%

Such a shame they have such lousy software quality. I was away for the week and was using a triax box plus saorview on the tv. Awful setup. Made me appreciate the 150. But man, wish they'd get their releases together.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Hi folks. My Father's Ariva 150 has lost its HDMI output. I've tested the cable on another device and it's fine and I've tested another device to the TV and that's fine too.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

try rebooting and reflashing firmware if not

get a scart lead until you get a new box or repaired if ur under warreny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Nowso wrote: »
    try rebooting and reflashing firmware if not

get a scart lead until you get a new box or repaired if ur under warreny

The warranty is out and the SCART lead works fine.

Could I copy the software off a second box and flash it to the one with the HDMI issue?

flash it from usb . its worth trying .and try change the video settings incase the tv cant handle 1080p 50/60 or whatever

Folks,

Firmware 1.27b2 is a washout as well as 1.27b3. Noticed a problem with it last night where the Now/Next fails, often on BBC1 & UTV Ireland, but others too. A restart of the box fixes it temporarily. So perhaps, 1.27b2 broke the now/next and they rushed 1.27b3 to address that, only to break the box with the loss of channels bug. Think they need a decent software manager in that company.

So I'm going back to 1.26b9, the last stable version as far as I can tell. Firmware with updated channel list at this dropbox url.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i682g2e0nhgit3b/Ariva150_126B9.abs?dl=0

And I think Tony posted one a long time back if that is your preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rustyba

I did a satellite scan on my Ferguson Ariva 150 combo box and moments later the box froze and won't turn on. When I switch it off and back on it initially appears as ON on the box then going to lower case on and won't move a passed that. When connected to the tv it is just black the screen. It is basically froze and won't come on at all so I can't even do a factory reset. Have any of you had these problems and would you be able to help. Thanks.

rustyba wrote: »
    I did a satellite scan on my Ferguson Ariva 150 combo box and moments later the box froze and won't turn on. When I switch it off and back on it initially appears as ON on the box then going to lower case on and won't move a passed that. When connected to the tv it is just black the screen. It is basically froze and won't come on at all so I can't even do a factory reset. Have any of you had these problems and would you be able to help. Thanks.

Did you switch it off with the switch on the back of the box?
    When it freezes do you see 'Ash' on the display or is it just stuck with 'on'?

Did you switch it off with the switch on the back of the box?
    When it freezes do you see 'Ash' on the display or is it just stuck with 'on'?

Yeah I switched it off at the back I pulled it out for a few hours the front power button does nothing at all it is just stuck with "on". It worked for a few minutes after the scan then I lost my channels list when I was trying to find them and then it just went to "on" and has been stuck like that since. No ash either just on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Yeah I switched it off at the back I pulled it out for a few hours the front power button does nothing at all it is just stuck with "on". It worked for a few minutes after the scan then I lost my channels list when I was trying to find them and then it just went to "on" and has been stuck like that since. No ash either just on.

Probably worth trying to do a reflash.

Okay, normally when there is a firmware problem it boots and gets stuck with 'Ash' on the front. But I don't know if that is always the case so maybe something happened to the firmware and a reflash might help; maybe others might know that one?

• Advertisement

Avns1s wrote: »
    Probably worth trying to do a reflash.

Not too sure how to do that but I'm sure I will probably find somebody who can do that. Thanks for the advice.

Okay, normally when there is a firmware problem it boots and gets stuck with 'Ash' on the front. But I don't know if that is always the case so maybe something happened to the firmware and a reflash might help; maybe others might know that one?

Thanks a million, I'm not sure how to do a reflash but I think I know someone who might. Thanks for the advice much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

Anyone have an up to date channel list for the 150?

logistic wrote: »
    Anyone have an up to date channel list for the 150?

Have a look back a few posts. I put a link to my 1.26b9, I think it was. Avoid the 1.27 release if you are updating firmware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

Have a look back a few posts. I put a link to my 1.26b9, I think it was. Avoid the 1.27 release if you are updating firmware.

Thanks for that just updated.

I updated the channel list. My wife noticed CBS Action had become some cheesy telephone chat station while flicking past, with my daughter watching...lovely. Here's the link.

• Advertisement

The reflash never worked I'd say the box is bolloxed, any other suggestions or should I just give up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

A few weeks ago all the satellite channels disappeared from my 150. The Saorview ones were still there.

I tried rescanning, but to no avail. Next thing, they all came back magically for a few days but then disappeared again. I managed to get them back last week after a rescan, but the other day, they went again and I can't seem to be able to get them back.

I've updated the firmware to a newer version I found earlier in the thread, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

Is "all channels" showing at the top of your channel list ?

El Weirdo wrote: »
    A few weeks ago all the satellite channels disappeared from my 150. The Saorview ones were still there.

I tried rescanning, but to no avail. Next thing, they all came back magically for a few days but then disappeared again. I managed to get them back last week after a rescan, but the other day, they went again and I can't seem to be able to get them back.

I've updated the firmware to a newer version I found earlier in the thread, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

Tony wrote: »
    Is "all channels" showing at the top of your channel list ?
    It is, yes.

Possibly a flash memory problem.

It is, yes.

• Advertisement

The reflash never worked I'd say the box is bolloxed, any other suggestions or should I just give up?

I'd agree with your *ahem* succinct assessment :)
    Maybe someone else might have a suggestion though.

Does sound like a hardware problem. What version of code are you using?
    I only ask because I did find a problem that does lead to loss of channels. And they fixed it in 1.26 then broke it again in 1.27 so maybe...maybe.
    It happens when recording a saorview channel that is in a group with a satellite channel. So just to rule out the remote possibility that it is a software issue could could you try flashing this version of firmware.
    It's the last 'best' version they've released with channels. I only updated it last night. See if it works/helps.

Does sound like a hardware problem. What version of code are you using?
    I only ask because I did find a problem that does lead to loss of channels. And they fixed it in 1.26 then broke it again in 1.27 so maybe...maybe.
    It happens when recording a saorview channel that is in a group with a satellite channel. So just to rule out the remote possibility that it is a software issue could could you try flashing this version of firmware.
    It's the last 'best' version they've released with channels. I only updated it last night. See if it works/helps.
    I think that was the one I flashed yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

I've been using the above link of 126b9, none of the irish channels worked so assumed that was due to the channel list above being from a different transmitter, so I rescan the terrestrial channels, how do I get it to stay formatted like it is initially? So instead of Rte one being channel 1 it's on 1xx now, so the rte 1 in the fav list still doesn't work have to go all channels and find my rte one somewhere. Cheers.

Just go to the Tv channel list in the menu and use the move function.

stamjoe wrote: »
    I've been using the above link of 126b9, none of the irish channels worked so assumed that was due to the channel list above being from a different transmitter, so I rescan the terrestrial channels, how do I get it to stay formatted like it is initially? So instead of Rte one being channel 1 it's on 1xx now, so the rte 1 in the fav list still doesn't work have to go all channels and find my rte one somewhere. Cheers.

Heres a FTA satellite channel list for 1.26B9 updated from Patchs last list with TV5Monde added and a few other updates http://www.mediafire.com/download/6y965xg32xhyn8f/Ariva150_126B9May18.abs

let me know here if you are on Kippure or three rock and i'll make up a list including Saorview

Folks,

New version from Ferguson, 1.27b5.
    Stay clear. It still has the bug that causes the loss of most channels when you record a saorview channel.

Folks,

New version from Ferguson, 1.27b5.
    Stay clear. It still has the bug that causes the loss of most channels when you record a saorview channel.

is it just your box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 andycahill

Has anyone a sky channel list for this box?

is it just your box ?

Hmmm, yeah I've wondered that too. I see the problem occur somewhere in or around 1.24, get fixed and broken again and fixed again in 1.26, and now in all 1.27 versions it's back. I know some others got it to happen but perhaps there is a build of hardware that is prone to it? Or maybe the flash in the box is on the way out. Odd that it is only happening in some versions of code though.

• Advertisement

Thanks Nowso. I'm going to try this out just to see if the problems I have go away.

I tried the new firmware last night. I thought I had discovered why, when I record on a saorview channel from a group, that I lose most of my channels. I normally scan terrestrial followed by satellite but I changed the order, and initially it looked like the problem was gone. But I finished off the channels today, tried it again, and .... gone.

I can't understand why it isn't an issue for everyone (although it does happen to some). Not sure if it is a hardware issue (likely at this stage) or a firmware bug that is just happening because of how I'm programming. Either way, annoyed I can't keep up-to-date.

Thanks again...

if im changing channels and suddenly the go back to how they were when you tuned them 1st go out and dont save the changes and go back again

if im changing channels and suddenly the go back to how they were when you tuned them 1st go out and dont save the changes and go back again

Sorry, just to clarify, when you re-tune/organise some channels, the changes don't stick and the box reverts to an older setting?

it can go back to as you tuned it in

when i see the channels have suddenly changed , just exit and dont save changes and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

Can someone post a copy of the firmware including current channel list (full sky) for the ariva 150 please, I'm using an ancient list with lots of them missing.

id say u will have to do a search yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭actua11

I've just updated to the latest firmware today, and have noticed that none of the streaming services like youtube or dailymotion will play video (though menus, thumbnails and such all show up fine), usually hanging on the buffering symbol, though the internet connection is fine, and reducing the playback quality setting hasn't been a remedy for this.

I just wanted to do a quick check to see if anyone else has had this problem before I start my own detective work on it?

are you sure its the latest as that was meant to fix youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭actua11

are you sure its the latest as that was meant to fix youtube

I know that's the odd thing as I am on the latest firmware v1.27B6. The youtube APIs seem fixed with this as it is finding the videos, just not playing them. But again it's affecting playback across the board for dailymotion, vimeo etc.

But knowing it's fine for other people means I know it's not a firmware issue but something else on my end that I can get started on fixing.

Advertisement