Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson Ariva 150

1232425262729»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Avns1s wrote: »
    Use this type of connector to join your existing cable to a length of coax with an F connector at either end.

So just to check, if I get this, and this, I should be good to go?
    Also, if I was to get a new splitter are they all the same? This okay?

By the by, my picture jumps a little bit on the satellite feed and I'm wondering if there is a likely cause for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

You do have the Ariva 150 that this thread is about, right?
    And, you're extending the cable from the LNB to the box?
    Perhaps a pic might help.

If you have a Sky box and you're just working off the RF2 output, then what you posted will work. If you have the ariva and your extending the cable to the LNB then you need this, two of these, and whatever length of this you require.

What's the splitter for? Remember you can't split the cable between your satellite box and the LNB on your dish.
    sin0city wrote: »
    So just to check, if I get this, and this, I should be good to go?

By the by, my picture jumps a little bit on the satellite feed and I'm wondering if there is a likely cause for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

You mean a satellite/terrestrial diplexer to feed the separate inputs on a combo box? (And combine the signals from dish & aerial at the other end of the downlead.)

Why do you want to fit a new one? (That isn't one in your link BTW.)

Okay, sorry for the lack of detail and my lack of knowledge on this but having looked up the LNB hopefully this makes sense...

It's a 153 combo with the coax from the LNB coming into the sitting room and split to feed the inputs on the combo box.
    I only ask about the diplexer in case there are differences in the quality of the feeds going into the box as a result of the diplexer used.

I just want to extend the coax from the LNB to the other side of my sitting room so is it correct to say I put one F connector on either end of the new length of cable with the coupler between the cable I'm extending and the new piece?

(There's also a feed from the LNB going to another room in the house in case that matters.)

Okay, sorry for the lack of detail and my lack of knowledge on this but having looked up the LNB hopefully this makes sense...

It's a 153 combo with the coax from the LNB coming into the sitting room and split to feed the inputs on the combo box.
    I only ask about the diplexer in case there are differences in the quality of the feeds going into the box as a result of the diplexer used.

I just want to extend the coax from the LNB to the other side of my sitting room so is it correct to say I put one F connector on either end of the new length of cable with the coupler between the cable I'm extending and the new piece?

(There's also a feed from the LNB going to another room in the house in case that matters.)

OK. Disconnect the diplexer on the LNB side (single cable coming into it). Move the lot (TV, box & diplexer) to the other side of the room where you want it, and use what I suggested in the last post to extend the single cable. i.e. use the F-connectors and a coupler. This is what should be going into the diplexer.

By the way, you can get those in any tv shop or electrical wholesalers.

... (There's also a feed from the LNB going to another room in the house in case that matters.)

I'd doubt the diplexer is the problem, does the feed to the other room have any 'jumping' on the satellite picture?

No, the other one's perfect.

If the problem is something specific to the room, rather than say the dish being misaligned, then it could be a bad connection somewhere, maybe with water getting in to add to the problem.

Look for any signs of water running down the cable when you undo the connection to extend it, & try to give the whole lot between receiver & dish a bit of a visual once-over.

Thurston? wrote: »
    If the problem is something specific to the room, rather than say the dish being misaligned, then it could be a bad connection somewhere, maybe with water getting in to add to the problem.

Look for any signs of water running down the cable when you undo the connection to extend it, & try to give the whole lot between receiver & dish a bit of a visual once-over.

No sign of water inside and no obvious defects outside. It's extended now ( thanks all) and still the same.

It's not all the time, Getting new tv so I'll see if that's it. I've never updated the firmware if that matters.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

• Advertisement

So I got a new tv and the picture is still a bit jumpy so I thought I'd try upgrading the firmware and factory resetting before re-scanning all channels.

However, when I got the latest firmware at the link below and go to perform the upgrade from usb I get the error message:
    "BIN do not match."

Any suggestions very much appreciated...

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/ferguson-ariva-153-combo/

So I got a new tv and the picture is still a bit jumpy so I thought I'd try upgrading the firmware and factory resetting before re-scanning all channels.

However, when I got the latest firmware at the link below and go to perform the upgrade from usb I get the error message:
    "BIN do not match."

This thread is for the Ariva 150. The software you linked to is for the Ariva 153 and you haven't specified which box you have.

The Ariva 153 software won't work on the 150. If you get the "BIN do not match" message at any stage you should stop what you're trying to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

"BIN do not match."

This thread is about the ariva150. The link you provided is for ariva153 which is a different box u need the correct file for the correct box or u can Brick it

No sign of water inside and no obvious defects outside. It's extended now ( thanks all) and still the same.

It's not all the time, Getting new tv so I'll see if that's it. I've never updated the firmware if that matters.

If the 'jumping' is down to the signal not being good enough by the time it gets to the receiver for whatever reason, a new TV, firmware update, factory reset or, rescan isn't going to solve the problem.

Thanks and apologies, I do have the 153 and the firmware is for the 153.

Anyway, to close off on the 'jumping' - turns out I had changed the video resolution in System Setup > TV system.
    When I changed it to "By source" it 's working again perfectly.

Regarding the firmware, as mentioned it's definitely the correct one so I don't know why I'm getting that error and again, grateful for any suggestions as to what the issue is here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Anyone recommend a pc program to trim ariva recordings to remove advertising or split recordings?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 willwe

Hi There,
    Im a long time user of the 150 and I was looking at the settings recently and I saw a page for HDMI settings. Anyone know what this is for?
    I noticed if I set HDMI on it wont let me record and I have to retune my TV.
    Would like to hear other users opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Anyone recommend a pc program to trim ariva recordings to remove advertising or split recordings?

Lots of different programs to do this ..... such as Avidemux.

What operating system are you using on the PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I am taking the lazy option and hoping somebody could upload a channel list for a Ariva 150 Combo please :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

Anyone got a 150 channel list handy that you could send me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

logistic wrote: »
    Anyone got a 150 channel list handy that you could send me?
    No one willing to share there channel list?

• Advertisement

I have no Satellite TV, Soarview works fine. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

willwe wrote: »
    I have no Satellite TV, Soarview works fine. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Could be a number of things, dish possibly after moving, your LNB is gone faulty if you are using combiners, one of the combiners might be faulty, the sat tuner in the box could be knackered.

Have you any other points in the house where the dish is coming in to, if so, does that room work?

Thanks I share my Antenna with a neighbour , they have all the channels, so its something to do with my box, i believe

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks I share my Antenna with a neighbour , they have all the channels, so its something to do with my box, i believe

Do ye both share a satellite dish also?

yes we share the dish and antenna, Ive done a reset of the box but no improvement. I ve swapped the cables and maybe that is where the problem is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

yes we share the dish and antenna, Ive done a reset of the box but no improvement. I ve swapped the cables and maybe that is where the problem is

Eh. Not to be a buzzkill, but have you go that setup properly earthed ?

well its been working for the past 5 years. First time ive had a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

well its been working for the past 5 years. First time ive had a problem

You do know that you have effectively connected the power from two houses on different phases together.

What do you think happens if there is a fault in your neighbours or your own house with any equipment connected to the satellite box ?

The problem was sorted, it was a a water leak into a connector in the dish.
    Thanks for the assist

Can the box be used with the new Saorview connect service?

• Advertisement

Im looking for a remote control as the current one is faulty. Anyone know where I can get one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Im looking for a remote control as the current one is faulty. Anyone know where I can get one?

Tvtrade.ie

Have them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I'm trying to download channels from ariva 150 to usb and it's not happening is there somewhere online I can download the software from?

Advertisement