Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 13 Results

Options
  • 24-06-2012 10:46am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Titans @ Ravens and Ravens receive first

Titans stop the Ravens to force a punt on their first drive, hpowever the Titans cant capitalise as they throw an int.

Ravens get in for a TD
    0-7 Ravens

Titans drive it well and MJD takes a sweep all the way but it call called back for holding.
    MJD then gets injured.. but Westbrook gets himself a TD on his first carry.

7-7
    Ravens move up and get a FG after some the Titans D decides not to catch at least 4 or 5 certain ints.

2 min warning
    7-10 Ravens

Titans cant do much and punt at the end of the quarter.

HT 7-10 Ravens - Titans to revceive

Ravens D is stopping the run exceptionally well - The teams trade punts until the Ravens get aFG

7-13 Ravens

Titans agian strugle but go for it on 4th and dont get it and it results in a FG for the Ravens

7-16 Ravens.

Titans then throw a pick 6

7-24 Ravens

Titans move up the field in theiair for a TD

14-24 Ravens less than 5 left.

Titans force a fumble in the red zone but the Ravens recover, then McBath stands and watches a pass hit him in the chest, would have been a pick 6.

Ravens punt.. Titans move the ball in the air with MJD for a TD

21-24 Ravens with 2:35 left

Titans use their TOs but get the ball back with 12 seconds left! with a TO the Titans would have got to FG game but its not to be.

Ravens deserved this win, they completely shut down MJD

Soime Stats

Titans with 311 offense, 53 rushing
    Ravens with 149 yards offense and 102 rushing

Scaub with a rating of 96, 17 from 25 and 267 yards, 2TDs, 2 Ints
    Locker with arating of 54, 5 from 12, 52 yards, 0 TDs and 0 ints

MJD had an abysmal, 17 yards on 17 carries :(
    Westbrook gets 1 play and 1 TD

MJD gets 13 receptions for 204 yards and 2 TDs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

After a blockbuster trade during the offseason which saw 8 players swapped, the Bucs and Redskins got reacquainted this morning in Tampa. Winds we're once again a ludicrous 15mph!!!

The Bucs won the toss and elected to kick off. The big trade included Patrick Perterson moving to Washington. Peterson got injured though and became Champ Bailey who later was traded for Larry Fitzgerald and it was he who caught 3 Kevin Kolb passes before a Hali sack on third down and forced the Skin to kick a FG.

0-3 Skins

The Bucs got their own offence going and a long drive ended in a Freeman QB sneak... at the second attempt after Luis Castillo - another man from the trade - stopped him first time around!!!

7-3 Bucs

Both teams had back to back 3 and outs as the first half drew to a close. On the next Skins possession, the Buc's Jay Ratliff - yet another player from the trade - one play after dropping a sure pick (he tried to catch it with his face!!!) recovered a fumble and we had a "big man with football" moment as he slowly went 70 yards for the TD.

14-3 Bucs

The second half began with the Bucs receiving. A few more defensive series saw the ball change hands a number of times. As the quarter drew to a close, a long Bucs drive was ended when Demarco Murray scampered in for a 5 yard TD.

21-3 Bucs

The next play from scrimmage saw Kevin Kolb throw an INT to Ras-I Dowling (still don't know what the I stands for). Murray took the next carry 13 yards for a TD to close the quarter.

28-3 Bucs

The 4th quarter began as the 3rd ended with Kolb throwing a pick which Tyrrell Johnson returned for 6.

35-3 Bucs

With both teams changing players to avoid injury. 3 broken tackles saw backup RB Mario Yates scamper in from 50yards out with his "getaway from the cops speed".

42-3 Bucs

The Redskins had a final drive with Taiwan Jones carrying the offense. A fourth down conversion failed in Buc territory and Freeman kneeled out the game.

MOTM: Wyatt Barnett - Punter - for putting 3 punts within the Skins 10yard line. Who says you shouldn't take a punter in the second round of the draft!!!

Goat of the game: The Skin's medical department for allowing Demarco Murray to break both Luis Castillo and Broderick Bunkley!!!

Outlook: the Bucs are now 10-2 and if the Falcons don't beat the Panthers will have won the NFC South. The redskins are now 6-6 and will be looking to win out and sneak into the playoffs via a wildcard spot.

Cheers for the game Rob!!! I'd guess if you hadn't spent the last 3 weeks in Thailand things would have been completely different!!! Best of luck going for that wildcard spot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Looks like plain sailing for the Bucc's . 2nd seed seems likely , maybe I need to update the betting odds on them ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Thank you Ravens CPU for beating the Titans. Second seed is all but mine now. Just beat the Broncos 52-3 and honestly it could've been more. They were woeful. Apart from one play couldn't run the ball, apart from one play couldn't pass the ball, I threw 2 interceptions in the endzone. 152 yards of offense for them. My recent FA pickups did a good job today, Usama Young picking off a pass and Kevin Smith running in a TD, William Moore had 2 picks, Bell ran in 3 TDs, Hill and Olsen had their usual good games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lost to the CPU dolphins..Players kept fumbling..They had 2 fumbles which they managed to recover..Pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bengals handle CPU Cowboys, cushy win.

• Advertisement

Beat the patriots 31-7

Tried some new stuff with cutler in preparation for the Berty Bowl.

Side note Shane didn't give any lead time on when he's back ? Would be a shame to play the CPU, we've always had great battles in friendlies.

9-3 and 2 more wins away from sealing a play off spot

Time for a post about the AFC playoff picture this year dave.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Time for a post about the AFC playoff picture this year dave.

I might do a NFC one but the AFC one is fairly cut and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

I might do a NFC one but the AFC one is fairly cut and dry.

Looks like it, Chargers could make a late push for the AFC West but besides that it's pretty set I'd say, seeding to play for.
    Now if I can just avoid playing Dave's Bills for the third postseason in a row.

1. Jets
    2. Raiders
    3/4. Titans/Bengals
    5/6. Bills/Chargers

Is Nerd69 back?
    Hope so, otherwise I'm all CPU games from here on in :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm just trying to figure out who i'll have the best chance to play against Luke or Dave, font fancy either tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Is Nerd69 back?

Yes he is, he played the Buccs over the weekend
    Side note Shane didn't give any lead time on when he's back ? Would be a shame to play the CPU, we've always had great battles in friendlies.

I don't think he knows when he is back, he moved and has no web.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons get revenge on their earlier loss to the Panthers by beating them 34 - 15

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

notyalc666 wrote: »
    Falcons get revenge on their earlier loss to the Panthers by beating them 34 - 15

Falcons clinging on in the NFC south ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Seattle Seahawks 7 - 23 New York Giants

A beautiful afternoon in Quest Field for this NFC clash between "The Sleeping Giant" and " The Hard Nosed Seahawks"

I have to say that the name is apt. I wouldn't describe my offence as explosive, but Brees was kept under 200 yards and 70 rushing yards between 3 backs. 2 early INTs, on their opening 2 drives I believe cost the home team. the Giants scored 14 points off the turnovers and a 57 yard field goal to end the half gave the Gmen a 17-0 half time lead.

Blown tackles cost the visitors as Stafford hit Hartline wit a dump off which he converted into a 20 yard td by dancing in between 3 Giant defenders. Someone will be getting a paddling!

The Giants pass rush was all over the Oline of the 'Hawks, sacking Stafford 7 times and hitting him a few more. hillis also has a bad day at the office ending up with 9 yards.

Super Mario Willaims also got himself another INT late in the game to seal it for The Giants. I'll make a dback out of him yet!

I hope you make the post season Neko, cause that defence will be a pain to play in the winter and with post season pressure. thanks for the message and best of luck in the run in.

Giants head south for the next 2 weeks facing the Saints and The Falcons before finishing up against rivals Cowboys and Eagles. Just spotted that all the games are away!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Only one game left after Jets/Texans!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Whats the other game?

Chiefs-Chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Packers 24 Rams 10. Bradford lucky to leave St.Louis on two legs after being turned into a paranoid wreak midway through this sack-fest. Didn't stop him hitting most throws and winning this one with some well taken mid-range throws. Some huge hits (Hayes is still dizzy) and some fumbles this game kept it intresting and ive found a use for Vick as the ball holder for fieldgoals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Beaten by Berty 24 to 17, but happy with my performance despite the defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

You played well Pudsy, it was a very tough game for the Jets.

Jets got first posession and were flying up the field only for a Rodgers int to put a stop to the drive. Texans kicked a FG, Jets tied with one of their own. Then Adrian Peterson scorched through for a 79yard TD run to give the Texans the lead.

Up by 7 with the half winding down, and receiving the second half kickoff Texans were in a fantastic position. However a Jets drive culminating in a 2 yard Gore run tied the score before the half and when the Texans were stopped on their first drive of the Q3 the Jets had regained momentum.
    Burress gave them the lead with a 11 yard pass. Then Orton threw a pick only for Gore to fumble it back to Houston a few plays later.

Then on 2nd and long Rice caught a curl pass, evaded the user controlled DB ( my bad :pac: ) and ran 48 yards for the tie at the start of Q4 at 17-17. Jets regained the lead with a 20 yard pass to Heyward Bey and when they forced a 4 and out on the Texans were able to kneel for the win.

Standard of the league has improved so much, I think if the team draft is done as suggested it will make for a very even league in M13. The Jets have a better roster than the Texans, if we were playing with the teams we will have next season Pudsy would have totally wiped me.

• Advertisement

Advance the league please.

You didn't ask nice enough :pac:

It'll be done just after 5.

Advertisement