Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Carry-On Baggage

Options
  • 24-06-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all,
    just wondering if Aer Lingus still allow the extra ladies' handbag/long coat/laptop bag in addition to the 10kg bag?
    Got away with it no problems this time last year, but I want to check and see have they gotten stricter... :confused:
    (Flying T2 to Geneva btw)

Thanks!
    Niamh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

niamhzie wrote: »
    Hi all,
    just wondering if Aer Lingus still allow the extra ladies' handbag/long coat/laptop bag in addition to the 10kg bag?
    Got away with it no problems this time last year, but I want to check and see have they gotten stricter... :confused:
    (Flying T2 to Geneva btw)

Thanks!
    Niamh

Additional small items (camera, personal stereo, overcoat, handbag or laptop) are allowed.

There you go, so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Generally yes they allow a bag to go overhead) and a personal item (such as a handbag) which can go beneath the seat in front :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lollyrain

Aer lingus are pretty good in that respect ....flew recently and had three pieces of hand luggage and no problems. nobody asked me to pack my handbag into my suitcase!!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭niamhzie

Yay thanks everyone!
    Had a mini-panic when it didn't mention anything on my boarding print-off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Hi Folks, I'm heading to Amsterdam in the morning and didn't see the need to start a new thread. I was originally going to check in a bag but I've just found out the lads I'm going with are all only bringing hand luggage. So I've managed to put most of my stuff in a cabin sized suitcase, however I have a towel and leather jacket which won't fit. If I bring a schoolbag sized bag to put them in will I get away with it?

I've searched "Aer Lingus Baggage" and found a few replies but nothing about whether a schoolbag sized backpack is allowed as well as the other piece of hand luggage. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement