Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD car parking

Options
  • 24-06-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering if you get a car parking space on campus with on campus accommodation? And if not, can you pay extra for one and how much?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DANCE111

jos360 wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering if you get a car parking space on campus with on campus accommodation? And if not, can you pay extra for one and how much?
    Thanks

In which residence will you be living in? There are small carparks in Merville, Glenomena, Roebuck Halls and Roebuck Castle Residences. I don't know about Belgrove, Proby or Muckross Halls. You don't get assigned a car parking space when you book your room, nor do you pay for it. It's basically a first-come-first-serve basis, like any ordinary carpark. The Glenomena carpark is particularly small, but the Merville carpark is bigger and very close by, so if the Glenomena carpark is full (as it often is) you can simply use the Merville carpark. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

jos360 wrote: »
    Thanks
    DANCE111 wrote: »
    In which residence will you be living in? There are small carparks in Merville, Glenomena, Roebuck Halls and Roebuck Castle Residences. I don't know about Belgrove, Proby or Muckross Halls. You don't get assigned a car parking space when you book your room, nor do you pay for it. It's basically a first-come-first-serve basis, like any ordinary carpark. The Glenomena carpark is particularly small, but the Merville carpark is bigger and very close by, so if the Glenomena carpark is full (as it often is) you can simply use the Merville carpark. :)

There are a few perking spaces inside Belgrove, as you will see in the following link, there is also a huge car park outside it. I doubt they are pay and display though, as they are always fairly full.
    http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=53.304476,-6.222504&hl=en&num=1&t=h&z=18

• Registered Users Posts: 43 OmegaRed10

Theres no designated parking anywhere on campus for staff or students, as mentioned its all first come first serve, inc. the residences car parks. Going to be interesting what happens in september with the loss of about 300 spaces taken up by the new lake & swimming pool membership parking

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

OmegaRed10 wrote: »
    Theres no designated parking anywhere on campus for staff or students, as mentioned its all first come first serve, inc. the residences car parks. Going to be interesting what happens in september with the loss of about 300 spaces taken up by the new lake & swimming pool membership parking
    Do you have link to a picture or mock video as to what the new lake etc is going to look like when its completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 OmegaRed10

DRose1 wrote: »
    Do you have link to a picture or mock video as to what the new lake etc is going to look like when its completed?

Sure do....
    http://www.ucd.ie/building/code/documents/ssol_landscape_design.pdf

Its huge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

I heard the administration plans to charge .50 per hour for all car parking from this coming September.

Advertisement