Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Test tomorrow :o any tips?

• 24-06-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I have my test in Wilton tomorrow. I've been practising everyday since I got my date 5 weeks ago. Up until today I felt confident that I can pass it but I'm just a nervous wreck today and I'm afraid the nerves will get to me. My instructor says he can't see me failing it but at the same time I don't want to set myself up for a fall.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

take a valium ha ha only joking just deep breaths and just try to imagine hes not even there and drive as you did when you were with the driving instructors..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cents

Watch a film tonight and forget about it.

Listen to some music on your ipod tommorow morning after you have had a quick look at any study materials you have for the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

Mine tomorrow as well.

Good luck too!

Chill out, what will be will be :)

Tips wise, do as you do with your instructor, the nerves will be good as you'll be focussed, you'll check your mirrors and speed frequently enough etc etc etc.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just try to relax, pretend the tester is just a new driving instructor. Ignore what the tester is writing down, think through what you should do every time the tester gives you an instruction (mirror, signal, manoeuvre etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I have my test tomorrow too. Hopefully I'll get it this time. Third time's the charm and all :P
    I've been driving for over two years now, and drive confidently, but the nerves are kind of starting to kick in now.

What time are ye're tests? And @HOS1997, where is your test?
    Mine is in Carlow at noon. . . .
    Hopefully we'll all be reporting good news back here tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Rothmans wrote: »
    I have my test tomorrow too. Hopefully I'll get it this time. Third time's the charm and all :P
    I've been driving for over two years now, and drive confidently, but the nerves are kind of starting to kick in now.

Did you pass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Did you pass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Did you pass?

Sure did. Got 5 blues, two for speed on approaching roundabouts and cross junction, two for hazards, and one for observation iirc.

Advertisement