Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap GFX upgrade

Options
  • 24-06-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I upgraded my whole system about 2yrs ago but left out the gfx card at the time because I didnt have the spare money and I don't need something powerfull for gaming as I don't game.

The card is a ati x800xl from about 10yrs ago? It's been acting up a little lately, get a bit of artefact and and had a few bsod's when watching youtube and having a vid load up in the back ground so I think it's due replacement.

I don't have much to spend (under 50 if possible), don't mind 2nd hand either. Few requirements I have are that it's silent, needs to be ok for photoshop/lightroom/autocad/revit, work under a linux distro, decent tv (and hdmi a bonus) and an "upgrade" to the x800xl, I think any recent card from the last few yrs will prob be an improvement?

Looking at adverts I'm none the wiser as to what might be suitable :confused:

Comments

Advertisement