Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway & Shed base advice

• 24-06-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i have searched through the forum and found loads of tips on the above projects I have undertaken, but would like to get some advice.

I have excavated down about 9 inches for widening my driveway, but am wondering what kind of stone to use for the hardcore. I am going to pour 4inches of concrete on top of the stone which is the same concrete depth as the driveway. Don't see the point in expensive 804, but maybe 2inch stone? Have seen inch to dust as well, do I need to put down a layer of plastic?

I am going putting down a concrete base in the back garden for moving my oil tank, putting a steel shed on and patio furniture etc. I have only gone down 5 to 6 inches here as I want the base to be higher than current ground level due to drainage problems. I have used the broken footpaths and broken up the old solid concrete oil tank base and used it as hardcore, but again wondering how much stone I need and what size before I pour 4inches of concrete on this as well. Again do I need to put down plastic?

I have uploaded 3 photos to let you look at what has been done so far and I am not a builder so excuse the mess !

Comments

Advertisement