Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 2 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

squonk wrote: »
    Do we definitely know it was the same Mary? Is there any youtube collection of her calls so we can say 'Yup, that's the same lady?'. There's probably a case in that itself, demonstrated repeated exploitation.

defo same lady we were all saying it last night :rolleyes:

disconect the bloody phone mary

Mary, STAY AWAY FROM THE F*CKING PHONE!!

its not even funny anymore :( poor mary she rang twice last night and every night this week how much does it all add up to

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

defo same lady we were all saying it last night :rolleyes:

disconect the bloody phone mary

Its the same Mary that must have spent thousands of euro on PlayTV as well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Maybe Mary is a plant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Maybe Mary is a plant?

You reckon? I would be surprised if she was a plant. I kinda hope she is because the other reality is not cool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Maybe Mary is a plant?

I'd hope she is, but I doubt it tbh, which is very sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Maybe Mary is a plant?

I don't think they would have a plant on air twice in the same night (and most other nights) using the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭squonk

I was thinking at lunch that the lady will get a shock once her bill comes through. It's alright now because she can ring away and not see an immediate cost associated with it. If she has form from the PlayTV days though, she probably won't be surprised. Its still disgraceful though. They'll block your number for trolling but won't block the likes of Mary after a monthly spending cap.

thats twice they have took calls from children just so you know

and if it was a plant and they read the boardies LOL surely there no that stupid to use the same name over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

I wouldn't have thought she was a plant but are we in a position to say that maybe this is run by the same people as PlayTV? The whois stuff painted a trail to the whole InteracTV thing so it looks like it.

Given the whole unethical behaviour and stock photo thing I wouldn't put it past them at all that they would use a plant.

I can definitely see some poor woman being addicted to phoning into either this show or PlayTV but I'm suspicious that somebody would do it for 2 quite contrasting shows and surely you'd think she'd have learned her lesson or had her phone taken off her after PlayTV.

On the other hand surely they'd be a bit more subtle than roll out the same person so often. Having a plant on the psychic show makes sense because they want a guaranteed good call to make the thing look good, having a plant on their impossible games on PlayTV makes less sense though unless she was winning them.

Any youtube footage of Mary on PlayTV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

jsemple wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought she was a plant but are we in a position to say that maybe this is run by the same people as PlayTV? The whois stuff painted a trail to the whole InteracTV thing so it looks like it.

Given the whole unethical behaviour and stock photo thing I wouldn't put it past them at all that they would use a plant.

I can definitely see some poor woman being addicted to phoning into either this show or PlayTV but I'm suspicious that somebody would do it for 2 quite contrasting shows and surely you'd think she'd have learned her lesson or had her phone taken off her after PlayTV.

On the other hand surely they'd be a bit more subtle than roll out the same person so often. Having a plant on the psychic show makes sense because they want a guaranteed good call to make the thing look good, having a plant on their impossible games on PlayTV makes less sense though unless she was winning them.

Any youtube footage of Mary on PlayTV?

I don't think this is the same Mary from PlayTV, is it? Also I don't think she is a plant, they wouldn't use the same name and voice each time, especially if they're following our thread and see that we've copped it.

PlayTV and the crowd that are running it are not the same as far as I can see

Just for the memories - PlayTV from around the world http://interactv.com/shows.htm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

spookwoman wrote: »
    Just heard thunder

Did you ring and get through to him?? :eek:

Just for the memories - PlayTV from around the world http://interactv.com/shows.htm :D

It looks like it is the same people:

robodonkey wrote: »
    Probably deep in the thread already, but a small bit of sniffing about reveals some interesting info on the business model and the owner of eso.tv:

Some whois info:
    Domain name: eso.tv

Registrant Contact:
    Media-Invest International LLC.
    Jeno Torocsik (jeno.torocsik@telemedia.hu)

Fax:
    20-22 Boszormenyi Ut
    Budapest, H-1126
    HU

Administrative Contact:
    -
    Jeno Torocsik ()
    +1.14565666
    Fax:
    Boszormenyi ut 20-22
    Budapest, 1126
    HU

Technical Contact:
    -
    Jeno Torocsik ()
    +1.14565666
    Fax:
    Boszormenyi ut 20-22
    Budapest, 1126
    HU

Name Servers:
    ns2.telemedia.hu
    ns3.telemedia.hu

Creation date: 09 Aug 2008 02:48:33
    Expiration date: 09 Aug 2012 02:48:00

But Jeno is not that popular on LinkedIn:
    http://hu.linkedin.com/pub/dr-jeno-torocsik/b/ba7/666

But he makes bazillions:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/20/technology/20iht-eurotv.3599840.html?pagewanted=all

And his company has "cookie cutter" software/broadcast solutions for any bullsh*t gameshow ya like:

http://www.interactv.tv/en/

And TV3 let these guys use their dead channel time for free, for a % of the profits. Simple enough revenue generator.

Quite frankly, I don't see the fuss, anyone stupid enough to actually want to call these guys kinda deserves to have their disposable income depleted?

Anyhoo, you can always drop Jeno an email now.

Also if you do a whois of psychicreadingslive.com it is anonymized but it still gives you the DNS servers of beep.hu which again is the same thing.

videos will not play for me do i have to pay 2.44 a minute to view them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭squonk

No, it's €4.88/minute. We've to get our cut and Youtube has a cut also :)

UK one didn't work for me but the South African one did

squonk wrote: »
    No, it's €4.88/minute. We've to get our cut and Youtube has a cut also :)

i hate you :mad:
    Kidding

UK one didn't work for me but the South African one did

watched the south african one he won 1000 whatever currency it is lol

To justify this thing being on TV or to have anywhere near the revenue of PlayTV they would need at least a 100 people calling a minute. And this is a fairly conservative number too, I remember when PlayTV had to show their numbers 100/min was pretty poor and reading stuff online they boast about how they get thousands of calls a minute for their quiz shows.

Granted psychic readings are probably a bit more of a niche and they do charge more money than PlayTV did and they charge you per minute but I still have to imagine for this to be lucrative enough they would have to take more calls than all their psychics could possibly handle. If that's the case then surely the whole luck element of getting through applies similar to PlayTV and they should have to display their call volumes on screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Flathan drops mic, cards and ref to youtube vids

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

To justify this thing being on TV or to have anywhere near the revenue of PlayTV they would need at least a 100 people calling a minute. And this is a fairly conservative number too, I remember when PlayTV had to show their numbers 100/min was pretty poor and reading stuff online they boast about how they get thousands of calls a minute for their quiz shows.

Granted psychic readings are probably a bit more of a niche and they do charge more money than PlayTV did and they charge you per minute but I still have to imagine for this to be lucrative enough they would have to take more calls than all their psychics could possibly handle. If that's the case then surely the whole luck element of getting through applies similar to PlayTV and they should have to display their call volumes on screen?

You would need to know the cost of advertising during L&O and Cold Case to really know if TV3 are taking a hit or not.

I suspect that TV3 rent out the air space to these companies on a fixed level and its up to the companies to make money. TV3 get a flat rate over the course of Six Months regardless of costs to ESO.tv or Interactive TV IMO.

I agree, there is an element of luck in getting through to the studio definitely - and there is wording used by the psychic during the show that can suggest this. Bet if 4 or 5 of us rang at the same time while it was quiet in studio, would we get through??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

HazDanz wrote: »
    Maybe Mary is a plant?

You reckon? I would be surprised if she was a plant. I kinda hope she is because the other reality is not cool.

I dunno, if she is or not. just seems a bit odd that the same woman would ring the same psychics several times a night and ask the same questions. I mean say for example there was a psychic in your area would you go to them every few hours every day and ask the same questions? probably not. But maybe I'm wrong and the poor woman is actually addicted to ringing in. Or maybe she's compiling evidence that all her readings are different to bring a complaint!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Started to get mary's all together will take some time.

I agree, there is an element of luck in getting through to the studio definitely - and there is wording used by the psychic during the show that can suggest this. Bet if 4 or 5 of us rang at the same time while it was quiet in studio, would we get through??

Not unless it was a time a producer decided they wanted a call through to the studio. Random isn't the correct word because basically a producer chooses a time to take a caller through to the studio and likely the next person who happens to call gets through (maybe there's a point inbetween where they are screened by the producer). But because the viewer has no realistic chance of knowing this it should be considered random or having an element of chance.

They'll have producers sitting backstage staring at the number of calls they get a minute and do everything they can to maximize that, whether that be get the psychic to promise 4 answers to the *next call only*, pipe in some dramatic music to add urgency or take a call to convince people it's legit.

I also wouldn't be at all surprised if they were getting 100calls/minute, like I said for the quiz shows they did this was a low number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

PLay Tv had a cost of 1.50 per call- no matter how long you were on hold

This Psychics Crap is 2.44 -3.58( mobile) a minute and they keep you on hold without getting through to the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Anything good happen last night other than him dropping his microphone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Neeson wrote: »
    Anything good happen last night other than him dropping his microphone?

Not really, the revelation that the countess lives in an emerald forest and the close ups of Flathan on his vision messages kept the creepiness tipping along nicely however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Any word who's on tonight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement