Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 2 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'd say Sue is a piece of work after seeing this tonight.

A nasty piece of work.

And she thinks she's God's gift to men. She gives me the shivers.

Night all, off to lock up the cat and dog!....:)......and look for the "lippy".......

You should have seen the sh*t she was coming out with the other night to a woman who sounded so upset about her financial situation and another poor woman who was waiting for cancer test results

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

They will be soon - plenty gone into TV3 already!

can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Sofa King wrote: »
    'In my opinion' is the three little words that would keep them out of trouble really. If someones fortunes are read out wrong, their 'opinion' was wrong.

It's the same with the word 'allegedly', i think the comedienne Kathy Griffin uses that word a lot during her stand up shows as it keeps her in the clear of being slanderous and liable for a law suit.

'John murdered Peter' - Says he killed him, simple as.

'John allegedly murdered Peter' - Say's he might have killed him but is open to change.
    Type John Allegedly into facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭PaddyORuadhan

Sofa King wrote: »
    'In my opinion' is the three little words that would keep them out of trouble really. If someones fortunes are read out wrong, their 'opinion' was wrong.

It's the same with the word 'allegedly', i think the comedienne Kathy Griffin uses that word a lot during her stand up shows as it keeps her in the clear of being slanderous and liable for a law suit.

'John murdered Peter' - Says he killed him, simple as.

'John allegedly murdered Peter' - Say's he might have killed him but is open to change.

Surely the constant stressing of their infalliable accuracy outweighs the very brief throw away 'in my opinions' in terms of the spirit of the broadcasting code.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »
    Is this the same crowd that had a show in a similar time slot a few years ago that did games etc?
    TV3 were forced to take them off the air after so many complaints...

tumblr_lh9bj8Zty71qavolh.jpg
    I am actually, cheers. :)

Was around here for the PlayTV threads at the time too. It's the same old tripe...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I am actually, cheers. :)

Was around here for the PlayTV threads at the time too. It's the same old tripe...

Welcome back :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Fun thread, I remember it fondly and I will remember this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭spookwoman

This call could not be made up. Was my dog stolen by travellers

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Go on to have a private one to one reading!

In other words, "What am I,Psychic?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Are they keeping themselves in the clear by stating in the top left hand corner that this is for 'entertainment'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Why did they cut yer wan off? Just cos she starting accusing a knacker of taking her pup? Christ, these people have become all goody two shoes all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Sounds like she was told to get her off the air while she was shuffling her love cards...
    Btw I think those animals went missing years ago by the sounds of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Hahahaha psychic medium Wayne isaacs poked me on fb!! Is there a way of posting pics from iPhone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So anything happen last night?

Starella was fawning over the Irish, Sue went from being Sue MD to Sue QC, and a persons dog and cat were stolen by travellers - when asked are they okay, Sue cut her off to have a more deeper reading :rolleyes:

in other news

TONIGHT: FLATHAN LIVE at 1.a.m. on TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Derren Brown explains to Dawkins why Psychic readers are fake. First part of 6 videos, someone tweet this to flathan and wayne, I would but I have my account on private :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Starella revealed that only two packs of her handcrafted tarot cards exist - hers, and another pair that belong to a reclusive psychic that lives in a tree. She also almost had a hernia when she mentioned the word September and one woman had met her fella last September, then proceeded to bang on about that being verification for her wonderful talents. Without actually answering the woman's question. During the changeover from Starella to Sue, Starella glided around the studio to battle music.

Some woman rang in saying she had financial problems because she had taken in 18 feral cats, Sue laughed at someone else, gave legal advice, then answered a call from a woman asking if her cat had died and her dog had been stolen by travellers.

Also, at about half 1, Sue turned weird and sex-liney, and Mary's phone must have been knocked out by lightning because she didn't make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Flathan just followed me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Brian017 wrote: »
    Flathan just followed me :D
    Me too. ;)

Me too. ;)

Me three :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Me four! it is slightly creeping me how many physics have followed me over the last couple of days....

Merger wrote: »
    Me four! it is slightly creeping me how many physics have followed me over the last couple of days....

I've five or six at least - my twitter notifications have changed as well coming into my email, it used be that X is now following yon on twitter, now is rebel_girl15 you have a new follower, and you have to click into the email

• Registered Users Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭squonk

I've five or six at least - my twitter notifications have changed as well coming into my email, it used be that X is now following yon on twitter, now is rebel_girl15 you have a new follower, and you have to click into the email

Me 7 then! I've tweeted him asking for my lucky numbers!

I've been getting lots of follow requests from psychics and various other charlatans of that ilk the past few days. I'm only accepting Flathan as he's a bit of craic and seems harmless enough all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

squonk wrote: »
    Me 7 then! I've tweeted him asking for my lucky numbers!

I've been getting lots of follow requests from psychics and various other charlatans of that ilk the past few days. I'm only accepting Flathan as he's a bit of craic and seems harmless enough all things considered.

Me 8....

how funny would it have been if flathan got that call..
    dahling vot iz zee traveler u spek of

lads im been in bad form all day over theese late night ive been so cross and snappy tho no one home everything annoying me but i can control it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

Dog stolen by travellers.

This has to fall into a special genre of trolling, deserving of its own category, whereby neither the viewers nor the trollee are certain whether trolling is actually taking place or not. The great merit of this is that they are not cut off as quickly. These callers are closer to satyrs or selkies (or the replicants from Blade Runner) than to trolls, since they come in the guise of a regular humanoid caller and never fully reveal their potentially trollish ulterior motives. Was the dog stolen by travellers? Was there ever even a dog to begin with, or 18 financially ruinous feral cats for that matter?

We may never know.

spookwoman wrote: »
    This call could not be made up. Was my dog stolen by travellers

why does she need a private one to one reading oh yeah 2.44 a minute

why does she need a private one to one reading oh yeah 2.44 a minute

Think it was the word stolen and the possibilities that that could lead to as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Think it was the word stolen and the possibilities that that could lead to as well!

Sue has an issue over weather or not the Cat or Dog is dead. She says she can't say weather or not they are dead.

The code states that you can't talk about dead people or talk to dead people, it didn't say anything about dead animals.

Sue: I see dead Animals
    Caller: What?
    Sue: Everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

i was searching for this thread to see what you guys had been up to and came across another one from back in 2005. is it the same crowd running this one? apparently Pat Kenny got in a twist about it on his show, no idea when it was shut down afterward though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement