Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 2 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

i was searching for this thread to see what you guys had been up to and came across another one from back in 2005. is it the same crowd running this one? apparently Pat Kenny got in a twist about it on his show, no idea when it was shut down afterward though

We have been on boards too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

i was searching for this thread to see what you guys had been up to and came across another one from back in 2005. is it the same crowd running this one? apparently Pat Kenny got in a twist about it on his show, no idea when it was shut down afterward though
    tumblr_lh9bj8Zty71qavolh.jpg
    That was shutdown 2 years ago.

This fight will be harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Read Dara O Briain's book 'Tickling The English' recently in which he has a great story about TV psychics..
    They book psychics in the Belfast Waterfront, but, in the credit column, they don’t take them seriously.

A well-known telly corpse-chatter was on the week I visited Belfast and, according to sources (the gossipy stage crew), she had a terrible show. The industry term is ‘to die onstage’ but that just seems like a clumsy pun here. How about ‘She stank up the room’? ‘She went down in flames’? ‘She bombed’?

The lady in question walked the stage for an hour, getting nothing right. Apparently, the spell was broken quite quickly and, once the suspension of disbelief (this woman can talk to the dead! Oh wait…) was over, it just became an awkward stand-off. Seventeen hundred people watched a woman demonstrate no extra-sensory perception at all and, before long, they began to circle.

‘Stacey,’ one voice said (her name isn’t Stacey; if you ever meet me in a bar, ask me and I’ll tell you her name, but for the time being, let’s leave it at Stacey). ‘Stacey, what about my mother?’
    ‘When did she die?’ asked Stacey.
    ‘Oh, she’s not dead.’ Laughter from the crowd.
    ‘Stacey, what about my sister?’ shouted a different voice.
    ‘Is she dead?’ Stacey checked.
    ‘No.’
    More laughter.
    ‘Is there anyone who would like me to do an actual reading?’ Stacey said, getting noticeably irritated.
    ‘Stacey,’ said a third voice. ‘What about my father?’
    ‘Is he dead?’
    ‘Yes.’
    Stacey adopts the pose. She summons voices from another realm, feels a presence coming through, begins to make contact with the dear departed…
    ‘Oh, no, wait,’ interrupts the voice. ‘He’s here beside me.’
    Long, long laughter.

Wholeheartedly recommend the book by the way... very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Just dont remember it being on years ago to be honest, just play tv.

Its scary how addictive it is leaving it on, waiting for someone to troll them, then coming back to see if there was a connection to here

• Advertisement

It sure is addictive. But sure we are having the craic here each night extracting the urine from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭spookwoman

We should be charging them 2.44 a min for giving the show producers advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Hey thats my line!!

There was another story like that with the blind Belfast woman who was booked on The Kelly Show on UTV and The Late Late with Pat Kenny.

After the Kelly Show Kelly went into the green room to talk with his guests, he spoke for a while to the blind psychic, and at the end she asked him who he was.

The Late Late Show audience didn't take to her at all, as one woman got viably up-set.

The cold reading on both shows were dreadful.

Tinker gyppos stole my dog shocker

• Advertisement

Update on Wayne's Facebook ref challenge

waynefacebook1.jpg

spookwoman wrote: »

waynefacebook1.jpg

who are the tools supporting him??

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    who are the tools supporting him??

I actually thought that the "feeble, fake fantasist" commenter was being ironic, and really directed at Wayne himself. If so, good way to take the mick without getting caught!

Gabriel Tracy likes posting on psychic TV's facebook page either a member/associated or a nut

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

I think Wayne is the one trolling us with that use of the word impartial

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

jsemple wrote: »
    I think Wayne is the one trolling us with that use of the word impartial

The psychics are the real trolls at the end of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭squonk

got my numbers back from Flathan: 17,68, 33, 5,19,21

If it's the ages of the birds I'll potentially pull later tonight, I could be in trouble in a few areas there! On the other hand maybe it's the ages of the first 6 callers tonight? If so, it could be an interesting show. I see Mary's up second!

I have to say I really can't take the piss out of Flathan that much! He's not a bad sort really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I think septic wayne needs to review his understanding of the word impartial.

what a plonker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

So Wayne refuses to do the challenge because it's on Keith's terms but then says he will do the challenge if an institute that supports psychics pick the people?

More than fishy!

The fairest way to do it would just be to pick three random people off the streets. Dermot and Dave even said they would pick the people randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

spookwoman wrote: »

waynefacebook1.jpg

More than likely those idiot posters are infact the true faces behind the stock photos! Been away since Tuesday so relying on you guys for my Psychic Live fix :D Honestly there's no need to watch it just read what's written on here and it's pretty much like watching it live. :D

• Advertisement

18 feral cats

Just got a second set of numbers from Flathan! Guess I must be double lucky!!!

17, 25, 85, 34, 22, 77

It's really such a con! Good think he's a bit of craic and doesn't ram his 'ability' down your throat that much. Sue would annoy me far more if that happened.

Have asked him if he's presenting tonight!

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

So...
    ...which set of numbers are you going to use and WHY?

Starella changes the story about her cards not being touched by anyone else

Starella is mick wallace in drag

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    So...
    ...which set of numbers are you going to use and WHY?

The man himself told me only the first set are mine. He made a mistake!

Tomorrow, for fun I'm going to do the lotto with the numbers. I'm willing to give Flathan a chance! I'll let you know how I get on, but if you don't hear from me I'm obviously enjoying my winnings on a beach somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭brian_t

Joe Duffy Show - Funny Friday

There was an amateur comedian on this afternoon who told two jokes relating to psychics.

1) Why do they need to ask for the callers name.

2) I saw an ad for psychics once. It went "Psychics wanted - you know where to apply"

I mention this because just before he told the jokes the comedian mentioned that he had heard about the Psychics programme that was on late night tv.
    (There was no other mention of it though)

brian_t wrote: »
    Joe Duffy Show - Funny Friday

There was an amateur comedian on this afternoon who told two jokes relating to psychics.

1) Why do they need to ask for the callers name.

2) I saw an ad for psychics once. It went "Psychics wanted - you know where to apply"

I mention this because just before he told the jokes the comedian mentioned that he had heard about the Psychics programme that was on late night tv.
    (There was no other mention of it though)

"jokes" hmm
    "amature comedian" hahaha

Waynes at it again
    Psychic Wayne Isaacs ‏@Psychic_Wayne_I
    @Jim_Sheridan I have sent you an email and reported this photo to Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Wayne just seems to be retweeting everyone who responds to him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement