Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 2 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Forgot about this one on the 28th possible underage caller

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭spookwoman

lizt wrote: »
    Wayne just seems to be retweeting everyone who responds to him?

Think I'm going to be sick there is an arse licking session on waynes facebook page at the moment. There should be a smiley for pucking regarding moments like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

spookwoman wrote: »
    Think I'm going to be sick there is an arse licking session on waynes facebook page at the moment. There should be a smiley for pucking regarding moments like this.

I'd comment on Wayne's statuses (statii ?) about him being a twat but I know he'd delete them all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

squonk wrote: »
    got my numbers back from Flathan: 17,68, 33, 5,19,21

If it's the ages of the birds I'll potentially pull later tonight, I could be in trouble in a few areas there! On the other hand maybe it's the ages of the first 6 callers tonight? If so, it could be an interesting show. I see Mary's up second!

I have to say I really can't take the piss out of Flathan that much! He's not a bad sort really.

I think the females here on the forum, including myself, and some males as well, have a soft spot for Flathan. There is something about him....charisma possibly..wouldn't mind meeting him :D;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭squonk

spookwoman wrote: »
    This call could not be made up. Was my dog stolen by travellers

Swear to god, I cant make up my mind whether this caller was serious or just the cutest troll ever!

Feel like ringing tonight and when Sue/Flathan/Starella answer, saying "hows it going boss? D'you wanna buy a dog? 20 pound. She's a lovely little dog sir!".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Wooo, flathan is on at 1 tonight :D

Also what's Waynes fb?

Samich wrote: »
    Wooo, flathan is on at 1 tonight :D

Who is on first? Really hope it's not Sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

So does anyone know what happens when you ring in?

a) If you ring the main number displayed on the screen with no extensions do you get offered a choice to enter a extension for one of the other psychics or does it assume you want to get through to the studio
    b) If you choose to try and get through to the studio what does it keep telling you? At that point do you have an option to try one of the other psychics.
    c) Somebody here actually got through and gave the board a shout out, how long did you have to queue for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was queuing for 18 mins then I was cut off.

• Advertisement

Oh we're a terrible bunch of ungrateful trolls! We should be realising how lucky we are to have the amazing Sue Hudd on our tells every night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBItNNVJKeA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

jsemple wrote: »
    So does anyone know what happens when you ring in?

a) If you ring the main number displayed on the screen with no extensions do you get offered a choice to enter a extension for one of the other psychics or does it assume you want to get through to the studio
    b) If you choose to try and get through to the studio what does it keep telling you? At that point do you have an option to try one of the other psychics.
    c) Somebody here actually got through and gave the board a shout out, how long did you have to queue for that?

When I rang main number I got a choice to go and speak to a psychic or stay on line and go on the tv...every two mins approx. a voice asked me if I wanted to go through to a psychic or hold on...that took 17 mins (know from my phone bill) including the 3 mins I was on air.

And friend who shouted out was holding for 18mins..and approx 3 mins on air.

So maybe a lot take the option to go through to other psychics....for privacy reasons.

I was queuing for 18 mins then I was cut off.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh we're a terrible bunch of ungrateful trolls! We should be realising how lucky we are to have the amazing Sue Hudd on our tells every night!

Must resist the urge to comment!

BMollie wrote: »
    When I rang main number I got a choice to go and speak to a psychic or stay on line and go on the tv...every two mins approx. a voice asked me if I wanted to go through to a psychic or hold on...that took 17 mins (know from my phone bill) including the 3 mins I was on air.

So maybe a lot take the option to go through to other psychics....for privacy reasons.
    Were you vetted by the producer before going on air?

Were you a troll? :D What did you say?

Wayne has a similar promo video where he says he has tons of celeb clientele and then shows pictures of him with celebs most likely just going up to them as a fan and having a pic taken. I'm sure if some of themknew they'd have it taken down

Samich wrote: »
    Were you a troll? :D What did you say?

There is an upload of it on this thread or thread No.1 ....it was 22 June....used the name Justine..and Flathan was on that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

She's clearly very popular, the video has 22 views already :eek::eek:

There is an upload of it on this thread or thread No.1 ....it was 22 June....used the name Justine..and Flathan was on that night.

Well worth checking out! BMollie/Justine ROCKED!!!!

• Advertisement

Were you vetted by the producer before going on air?

After all the holding on....a woman came on, sounded Eastern European, and asked me my name and told me to stay on the line, and that I would be going through to the studio. Then she told me to turn the tv down and said something else, I can't remember, I started to get a bit nervous and felt that they might cut me off...so started blabbering to her about how upset I was about the so called boyfriend. I think I distracted her from asking any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

I think the females here on the forum, including myself, and some males as well, have a soft spot for Flathan. There is something about him....charisma possibly..wouldn't mind meeting him :D;):D

What will we do when the show is pulled? Maybe Vincent Brown will give him a nightly slot to prognosticate on the Irish economy. He'd do a better job than David McWilliams too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Linky please BMollie!!!!

It's good then at least that when they do take a caller to the studio is it someone that queued, I would have guessed that at the point of them wanting somebody they'd have picked the next caller similar to the quiz shows.

I still strongly suspect that most of their revenue comes from people queueing trying to get through to the studio when they have no chance.

If you go on this page: http://psychicreadingslive.com/psychics
    and subtract the Available from the Online number you could work out how much revenue their background psychics are taking in a given minute. I have deep suspicions about this number and wouldn't be at all surprised if it's as real as the stock photos and that the whole thing is a front for the studio. Regardless if you actually do the Math you'll find that while this number does pick up when the show goes on it is usually around 20-30 which works out in revenue terms at around 50 callers/minute in PlayTV terms and that show couldn't survive like that. It's important to note that you can see their psychics are at almost full capacity at this level too so this is about as good as they could expect. I don't think it adds up and I have to assume there's tons of poor dumping money into getting through to a studio when they have no chance.

tl;dr even if every one of their available psychics is taking a call for the entire 2 hours they would still make less money than PlayTV did when it was doing really badly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Flathan just tweeted
    are you ready for tha glamour of FLATHAN? half past Midnight to 2.a.m on TV3

hello all set for tonight did yer wan psychic sue get the cat back lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Tomorrow, for fun I'm going to do the lotto with the numbers. I'm willing to give Flathan a chance! I'll let you know how I get on, but if you don't hear from me I'm obviously enjoying my winnings on a beach somewhere :)

Imagine if you actually did win the Lotto with those numbers this week :eek::eek::eek:

Would we all convert en masse and become 'Clan Flathan'? Would this thread be turned into a Movie? Would we ever hear from squonk again?

€2.44 per minute to speak to Flathan would sudddenly become the Bargain Alert of the Century!

Skid wrote: »
    Imagine if you actually did win the Lotto with those numbers this week :eek::eek::eek:

Would we all convert en masse and become 'Clan Flathan'? Would this thread be turned into a Movie? Would we ever hear from squonk again?

€2.44 per minute to speak to Flathan would sudddenly become the Bargain Alert of the Century!

Well I had to take a liberty. One number was 68 so I subtracted and used 2. Now I wonder should I have added and used 14? :)

If I win something, I might start defending him more! If I win millions, I'm ringing him up till I get through and giving a MASSIVE shout out to boards!

I imagine if I win big, nobody will be more surprised than Flathan himself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

****ing advanced hair studio ads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I see the national event's guide coming up....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement