Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 2 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Starella has magically transported the studio to Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

I see they whipped out the old Play TV sound effects as well. There one step away from the timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Starella is dressed like she is going to audition for a role in the opera, Carmen.
    000a7432_medium.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just flicked over, I'll have nightmares about this wizened auld hag now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Just started watching, skimmed through the posts. Doesn't seem like I missed too much.

Why did they just play an audience sound-effect? Remember all the awful sound effects on PlayTV, they'd just be played at random moments to create the illusion that you weren't watching paint dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

We need a "Fantasy Psychic league", points for picking the correct presenters for the week, lose them when they are subbed out and pick a reserve bench of "Boxies". Oh and bonus points for picking the most common caller name.

no bitch i want 4 answers

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭kilkenny_d

They said today the implications for Higgs Boson discovery could mean that we may in the future be able to 'jump' from one place to the next without transport. Starella must already have harnessed this power to move the studio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Starella has magically transported the studio to Ireland :D

She does look a bit like Godmother from Wanderly Wagon, probably teleported the studio through a dolmen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

In that case, the 'critique' should stop, no? Because really there's a very serious issue at the back of this, why the **** is TV3 broadcasting this exploitative ****e? And why the **** does broadcasting standards in Ireland allow it? Especially after the Play TV fiasco.

Yeah, all joking aside what we're watching is, more often than not, very anxious, depressed or vulnerable people being exploited for profit right in front of our eyes every night. Telling a woman that her husband is not lying to her or that desperate callers shouldn't worry because money is somehow magically on its way to them is sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

In that case, the 'critique' should stop, no? Because really there's a very serious issue at the back of this, why the **** is TV3 broadcasting this exploitative ****e? And why the **** does broadcasting standards in Ireland allow it? Especially after the Play TV fiasco.

Addendum to myself(!): Is there not any standards/protocols etc that such shows have to pass through before broadcast? I am aware that Psychics Live have paid for what basically is a two hour advertisement (cheaper after 12am). Is there nothing that regulates such ****e? And if not, why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

"Hello, is that Budapest cabs?,
    yeah, straight away if you can.
    It's Erik at the Psychic Studio, thanks"

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭enigmatiq

chasm wrote: »
    We need a "Fantasy Psychic league", points for picking the correct presenters for the week, lose them when they are subbed out and pick a reserve bench of "Boxies". Oh and bonus points for picking the most common caller name.

:eek::eek:

Life's too short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

ah nora

aw nora crying

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭enigmatiq

Skid wrote: »
    "Hello, is that Budapest cabs?,
    yeah, straight away if you can.
    It's Erik at the Psychic Studio, thanks"

I have to make an unexpected journey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭PaddyORuadhan

Addendum to myself(!): Is there not any standards/protocols etc that such shows have to pass through before broadcast? I am aware that Psychics Live have paid for what basically is a two hour advertisement (cheaper after 12am). Is there nothing that regulates such ****e? And if not, why not?

http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/General-Commercial-Communications-Code.pdf

Page 22....

Christ, this is depressing.

Feck, what a very sad sounding woman, I feel sorry for her. Nothing these ****ers can say will help her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Yeah, all joking aside what we're watching is, more often than not, very anxious, depressed or vulnerable people being exploited for profit right in front of our eyes every night. Telling a woman that her husband is not lying to her or that desperate callers shouldn't worry because money is somehow magically on its way to them is sickening.

Someone needs to send Mary to an addiction counsellor anyway, she's on that thing every night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Aww Nora ffs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I think nora was keeping her voice down so no one in the house could hear her

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭kilkenny_d

That last woman sounded so depressed until asked are you ready for love. Then she perked up for an answer. Sad to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Nora sounded very down tonight. Must have overdosed on the candle energy and is in withdrawels now

spookwoman wrote: »
    I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Someone needs to send Mary to an addiction counsellor anyway, she's on that thing every night.

is it the same woman?

music wrecking my head

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

spookwoman wrote: »

It sounded like that, poor lamb.
    I just want to give those callers a hug.

• Advertisement

As much as it's sad to see desperate people ringing in, I find it equally depressing to see how many people believe in this shíte.
    I had to turn off the adrian kennedy show earlier cos I was so frustrated by how stupid and gullible people are.

The sooner belief in the paranormal (and I include religion under that heading) dies out, the better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement