Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 2 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

booo traitor

good girl keep her on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

I was really thinking this one'd be a troll..

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭kilkenny_d

I did not know there was a female form of the word entrepreneur. Thanks Starella. I have learned tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

kilkenny_d wrote: »
    I did not know there was a female form of the word entrepreneur. Thanks Starella. I have learned tonight.

Entrepreneuress? My autocorrect says there is not such a word.

• Advertisement

wayne is here tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Wayne is back tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

Looks like tomorrow night is the psychic-off!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ooh Wayne tomorrow! Should be interesting!

/!\ WAYNES BACK TOMORROW /!\

Sue has been MIA the last 3 nights at least I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭kilkenny_d

So what you are saying basically is that watching this is making me stupider??? Wait...that's not right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

kilkenny_d wrote: »
    So what you are saying basically is that watching this is making me stupider??? Wait...that's not right...

Basically ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I'm going to miss tomorrow :( And Wayne is the funniest when he's trolled because he freezes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bombay Allee

wayne is here tomorrow

we want wayne
    we want wayne

if i ever re-reg i will be wayne, psychic wayne

we want wayne
    we want wayne

if i ever re-reg i will be wayne, psychic wayne

havent seen wayne only on youtube cannot wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭PaddyORuadhan

damn am hitting the town tomorrow . . .wayne wait until saturday for your return :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Was so exhausted from watching this all week that I crashed out last night at 8pm... Awake since 5am this morning and feeling great.

Might catch a bit of Wayne after the pub tonight ;-)

Bit of troll bait there I imagine...

Achilles wrote: »
    Was so exhausted from watching this all week that I crashed out last night at 8pm... Awake since 5am this morning and feeling great.

Might catch a bit of Wayne after the pub tonight ;-)

Bit of troll bait there I imagine...

im surprised no one trolled erik :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Skipped the last two nights (tiredness and a protest against flathan leaving!)
    Might tune in for Wayne, I'd even take him at this stage but noone will beat flathan.
    He is number 1 after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭enigmatiq

There is a term for female entrepreneur, but not with that spelling. It is entrepreneuse. Just like chauffeur/chaffeuse. Not in common use in English. See the following:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entrepreneuse

http://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/entrepreneuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Has anybody got a reply from TV3 in relation to their complaint yet? I'm just after getting this.

Dear ******,

Thank you for your complaint.

Psychic Readings Live meets all regulatory requirements for a service of this nature, from both the broadcasting and telecommunications regulators. The broadcast is clearly identified as an Entertainment Service at all times and such notification is in accordance with BAI regulation.

As this is the first time a service of this nature has been broadcast in the Republic of Ireland we note that there may have been a few teething problems with the broadcast for the first few nights. These issues have now been addressed.

TV3 has taken steps to ensure that viewers are aware of the nature of the service. The information strap clearly sets out the cost per minute and other relevant information relating to the service, including the web address where viewers can read the terms and conditions relating to the broadcast. The service is for 18+ only and is broadcast late at night so it is evidently for an adult only audience.

Through the information provided during the broadcast and the call as well as on the website, we are making sure that viewers make an informed choice about whether to partake of the service.

Kind regards, TV3 Complaints

Looks like I'll be going through the BAI now.

Just got my reply also:

Dear Mr *******,

Thank you for your complaint.

Psychic Readings Live meets all regulatory requirements for a service of this nature, from both the broadcasting and telecommunications regulators. The broadcast is clearly identified as an Entertainment Service at all times and such notification is in accordance with BAI regulation.

As this is the first time a service of this nature has been broadcast in the Republic of Ireland we note that there may have been a few teething problems with the broadcast for the first few nights. The usage of stock photos was a temporary measure while the operators awaited suitable photographs of all the psychics. This has now been addressed.

With respect to the calls being put through to the studio, we would note that the operators of the service have informed us that average wait time to speak to a psychic on air is 7 minutes. Callers are also invited to speak to another live psychic if they do not wish to wait. It is unavoidable that there may be a wait time as other callers may be queuing for or speaking to the on-air psychic by the time a viewer calls in.

We would note that psychic Sue Hudd did comment on test results however she did not mention anything to do with cancer or health issues as this is specifically prohibited by the BAI.

TV3 has taken steps to ensure that viewers are aware of the nature of the service. The information strap clearly sets out the cost per minute and other relevant information relating to the service, including the web address where viewers can read the terms and conditions relating to the broadcast. The service is for 18+ only and is broadcast late at night so it is evidently for an adult only audience. Any callers who seem to be particularly distressed or vulnerable are provided with the helpline numbers of organisations that may be in a position to assist them after the on-air call.

Through the information provided during the broadcast and the call as well as on the website, we are making sure that viewers make an informed choice about whether to partake of the service.

Kind regards,
    TV3 Complaints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I got an identical response (at 14.12 today)

Edit:Identical to Sofa King's.

Sofa King wrote: »
    With respect to the calls being put through to the studio, we would note that the operators of the service have informed us that average wait time to speak to a psychic on air is 7 minutes.

This is likely highly misleading. Assuming it's true then all that means is that the average time someone who was lucky enough to get through to the studio was waiting was 7 minutes. A far more relevant number would be the amount of people have to wait on hold.

Were PlayTV legally forced to display call volumes on screen?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

jsemple wrote: »
    Were PlayTV legally forced to display call volumes on screen?

They were

I emailed the bai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Snail mail would be best lads for talking to the BAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sofa King wrote: »
    We would note that psychic Sue Hudd did comment on test results however she did not mention anything to do with cancer or health issues as this is specifically prohibited by the BAI.

"And after that, it brings in that news.. that opportunity. Look at what we've got here - the third card that I pulled for you - and it's saying to you it will be a time for celebration.. something for you to be brought of. So good news, good things happening to you!"

So because she didn't mention cancer specifically.. she's allow to comment on impending good news regarding these results and getting a poor woman's hopes up.

I sincerally don't know if the BAI will see it this way.

I rang the BAI and told them I emailed TV3 and was unhappy with the response and she gave me two email addresses to forward the email onto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

There's a complaint form on the BAI website where you have to put a fair bit of detail into the reasons for your complaint. Regardless of weather you go for E-Mail or snail mail you should make sure and fill it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement