Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 2 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Skid wrote: »
    I made a complaint to TV3 using this page http://www.tv3.ie/corporate_complaint_form.php (Alternatively, I think you can just email complaints@tv3.ie )

I got a response this morning saying 'Thank you for your complaint. We will investigate this matter and respond to you within 21 days.

Kind regards,
    TV3 Complaints '

I made reference to the Stock photos being used on air, some of the callers being given inappropriate advice, incorrect information about waiting times and the fact that there is no mention in the ticker that medical advice cannot be given.

The more complaints that are made the better. We can approach the BAI with more detail as soon as TV3 reply to the initial correspondence.

I've submitted my complaint using the online form. It only takes about 5 minutes. Please, everyone, do it! Power in numbers and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 happyreality

ahahaha, what a sad shower of idiots you are...

you must think your so clever that you don't "believe" in this.

ahahahha, well done... clap clap for the h....

gawd you irish are idiots.... you really are..

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

you guys are sad.

Actually I'm pretty happy. :D You are a beautiful person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Banned for Life!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

TV3 should hang their collective heads in shame.

Also how can Vincent Browne moralise anymore when he's the warm up act for this disgusting rip off..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Flathan? Is it cause we didn't buy your book?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Banned for Life!

*Applauds* you sir :)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

lizt wrote: »
    Flathan? Is it cause we didn't buy your book?

:D:D:D

Flathan reminds me of Chucky...:)

waiting for someone to ring in to Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭squonk

I'd have thought given recent developments it'd have been top of his agenda again today. Ah poor Joe, such a short memory!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭brian_t

Sue spent a lot time implying that no calls were coming into her and that it would obviously be a good time for viewers to ring in.

Play TV used to do the same - however it didn't work quite as well after they were forced to display an onscreen graphic detailing the total number of calls that the studio was actually receiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭brian_t

squonk wrote: »
    I'd have thought given recent developments it'd have been top of his agenda again today. Ah poor Joe, such a short memory!

Maybe they need to do a lot of research and possibly take legal advice before tackling a programme on a rival TV station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

How long has Psychics Live been on TV3 for? I only heard/watched it a few nights ago and have not stopped laughing since I started watching it. :D
    I know people are complaining and saying it should be taken off air but I think its becoming a bit cult TV because its so bad and really hope it will be on air for a while longer, the trolls ringing in are what make it and Flathans sparkly jackets of course, people should stop taking these things so serious.

brian_t wrote: »
    Sue spent a lot time implying that no calls were coming into her and that it would obviously be a good time for viewers to ring in.

Play TV used to do the same - however it didn't work quite as well after they were forced to display an onscreen graphic detailing the total number of calls that the studio was actually receiving.

With Plat TV it was 1.50 per call and at least there was the attraction of winning money, wheras this "psychic" shít put you on hold for 10 + mins @ 2.44 a min. all to give generic shít advice

brian_t wrote: »

Let's hope they're forced into doing the same thing here this time around too. If she was pinochio, you could have heated a small country if you kept chopping off her nose growth with the amount of porkies she told last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Here is one of the rulings issued by the BAI in relation to Play TV.

It might give us some ideas about what complaints to make. For example, Some of the presenters are saying 'call now, you will get straight through to me'.

If we can match this with evidence that people rang when the presenters said this, but and were left on hold (or cut off), it might get the BAI's attention (after the initial compaints to TV3)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Skid wrote: »
    Here is one of the rulings issued by the BAI in relation to Play TV.

It might give us some ideas about what complaints to make. For example, Some of the presenters are saying 'call now, you will get straight through to me'.

If we can match this with evidence that people rang when the presenters said this, but and were left on hold (or cut off), it might get the BAI's attention (after the initial compaints to TV3)

It maybe an idea to also direct your complaints to ComReg who took over from the self-Regulating RegTel after Play TV.

http://www.phonesmart.ie/
    http://www.phonesmart.ie/Complaints/87

Elmo wrote: »
    It maybe an idea to also direct your complaints to ComReg who took over from the self-Regulating RegTel after Play TV.

http://www.phonesmart.ie/
    http://www.phonesmart.ie/Complaints/87

That is true, although those complaints would need to come from the people would actually called in and were left on hold/ cut off.

anyone remember this ....

CAR CRASH TV
    BIMBOS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

No mention on Joe yet today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Great, psychic Wayne blocked me on Twitter. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

what e-mail address are people sending their complaints to to tv3?

what e-mail address are people sending their complaints to to tv3?

complaints@tv3.ie or use this form http://www.tv3.ie/corporate_complaint_form.php

• Registered Users Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭spookwoman

TV3 getting worried me thinks after journal.ie article

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

Yowza glad I tweeted at TheJournal yesterday telling them to look into it.

Blog traffic has taken off again after a slow morning. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

TV3 statement:
    The infomercial is produced by an independent 3rd party (ESO.TV) and promotes a service which is licensed by Comreg. The infomercial also meets all premium phone-line and broadcasting regulations. The content is commercial and not a TV3 programme or TV3 content.
    That statement sounds awfully familiar. How are TV3 in a position to claim compliance?
    I take it this will be their stock reply to all complaints?

I really hate the way TV3 distance themselves. While a commercial contract between TV3 and Eso.TV the content is still the responsibility of TV3.

While I will agree that the telephone numbers are the responsibility of the Service provider the content remains the responsibility of TV3.
    The infomercial is produced by an independent 3rd party (ESO.TV) and promotes a service which is licensed by Comreg. The infomercial also meets all premium phone-line and broadcasting regulations. The content is commercial and not a TV3 programme or TV3 content.

They could say this about any TV3 programme :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

anyone remember this ....

CAR CRASH TV
    BIMBOS

A friend in need is a friend indeed. Saw it in about 15 seconds.

Although knowing Play TV it's probably something entirely different. Actually thinking about it, those two are most likely putting the whole thing on in order to get people watching in to phone in.

Probably will, but it was fairly obvious they were going to try that one even last week. I'm assuming I'm going to get this as a reply after my complaint earlier.

Maybe we should draw up a gameplan next so we're all on the same page. Something like 'So you've gotten your stock TV3 reply... here's what to do next'.

I wasn't involved in the PlayTV campaign so I don't know what happened at that stage.

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    Probably will, but it was fairly obvious they were going to try that one even last week. I'm assuming I'm going to get this as a reply after my complaint earlier.

Maybe we should draw up a gameplan next so we're all on the same page. Something like 'So you've gotten your stock TV3 reply... here's what to do next'.

I wasn't involved in the PlayTV campaign so I don't know what happened at that stage.

At some stage the communications minister weighed in and even complained to the regulator himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement