Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 2 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

jsemple wrote: »
    So is there anyway to watch this outside Ireland? anyone doing a cheeky illegal restream?

I know not everyone gets though to Wayne but does every caller get through to somebody?

No, there is a system in place that means each call can only cost you 60 euro. So if there's no one free and you've reached that limited, you are disconnected (as far as I can make out anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

So is there anyway to watch this outside Ireland? anyone doing a cheeky illegal restream?

I know not everyone gets though to Wayne but does every caller get through to somebody?

No. We had a guy here wait 18 minutes then get hung up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭spookwoman

lizt wrote: »
    No, there is a system in place that means each call can only cost you 60 euro. So if there's no one free and you've reached that limited, you are disconnected (as far as I can make out anyway)
    Also if you hit the €30 mark you have to be informed in a timely manner

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

squonk wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that playTV unorthodox production moment was part of the con in tthe video and that the two girls really arent that stupid.
    Fiona often had 'chats' with 'production' and that was not the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

That's interesting because I know in the UK at least that for the premium rate quiz shows similar to PlayTV and for those multiple choice premium rate competitions you'd get before ad breaks, they have to offer free online entry. And I remember PlayTV also offered free online entry, so maybe that law applies in Ireland too? This may not be applicable for the psychic thing because they aren't 'randomly' selecting viewers (although the way the quiz shows select callers to come on air isn't really random either). Looking at a few of these types of shows in the UK on youtube they don't seem to have anything about free online entry.

From what I've seen with these shows even if you can hypothetically say somehow that there do actually exist people on this earth that are psychic, these shows are still misleading cynical money grabbing scams that prey often on very vulnerable people. PlayTV set the bar high on immoral unethical TV but these guys took that as a challenge

• Advertisement

Sue recalls the wrong luck numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

They've changed the picture for Janice Star on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭squonk

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I absolutely detest scams and garbage tv like this.
    This has to be stopped.
    We only have 5 Irish channels.
    Theres enough of this crap on all the other freaking channels on sky.
    No one wants this garbage.
    Someone ring Joe Duffy and complain about this garbage.
    Why should people pay a tv license when they are allowed to show muck like this while taking advantage of really stupid people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Why should people pay a tv license when they are allowed to show muck like this while taking advantage of really stupid people.

As tv3 is not a public service broadcaster, it's commercial they get 0 from TV license revenue, hence it has to get money through advertising. That's why there no shít like this on RTÉ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I absolutely detest scams and garbage tv like this.
    This has to be stopped.
    We only have 5 Irish channels.
    Theres enough of this crap on all the other freaking channels on sky.
    No one wants this garbage.
    Someone ring Joe Duffy and complain about this garbage.
    Why should people pay a tv license when they are allowed to ahow muck like this while taking advantage of really stupid people.

The Liveline has been contacted.
    TV3 don't get the licence fee (well they do indirectly but that's different).

Six if you include Setanta (7 if you include the rest!)

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

www.aertv.ie
    Don't know how good it is.

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    www.aertv.ie
    Don't know how good it is.

currently watching via airtv and it's perfect quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

enigmatiq wrote: »
    Would it be a prudent move to display a copy of the intended submissions in the private group for comment by the members before submission?
    Yes.

Do not post any submissions in public.

just a heads up Joan Lea from 98fm wil be discussing this on her show tonight. Beginning at 9 . media.98fm.com/live_video

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

Dara OBriain brought my blog down! 400 visitors within two minutes and the errors started flying! Changed some stuff and upgraded my hosting and holding steady at 200 people/5 mins. Yesterday about 800 hits, today so far with thejournal article and retweets on Twitter, 3,866 views...

Many tweets of disapproval of the show sent my way and also many many many jokes involving surprise "they didn't see it coming"...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheFreshPrince

cf_al_bs wrote: »
    Dara OBriain brought my blog down! 400 visitors within two minutes and the errors started flying! Changed some stuff and upgraded my hosting and holding steady at 200 people/5 mins. Yesterday about 800 hits, today so far with thejournal article and retweets on Twitter, 3,866 views...

Many tweets of disapproval of the show sent my way and also many many many jokes involving surprise "they didn't see it coming"...

78,257 views of the video in 6 Days. Its safe to say a lot of people are talking about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I think there is some potential in the regulations Auld-Yin quoted.
    Auld-Yin wrote: »
    1. Commercial communications for fortune tellers, psychic services etc., are acceptable where the service is evidently for entertainment purposes only and this is made clear in the communication.
    Whilst some people appear to be getting some 'entertainment' value, can that be said of those who are desperately a solution to a real problem?

Flathan claimed more than once that he never makes mistakes. Surely that cannot be considered 'evidently for entertainment purposes

What would happen if one of those persons was the mother of one of the broadcaster's executive management?

2. Claims that future events may be predicted, other than as a matter of opinion, are not permitted. Again, the 'psychics' never say that their readings are only an opiniom. They clearly state that they are dealing in facts

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

Told my mother that Dara O'Briain retweet it and that it brought my blog down so many people visited, her response "I'll be visiting you in Mountjoy"... She doesn't really get the internet. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Skid wrote: »
    I think there is some potential in the regulations Auld-Yin quoted.
    This needs to go private.

• Advertisement

cf_al_bs wrote: »
    Told my mother that Dara O'Briain retweet it and that it brought my blog down so many people visited, her response "I'll be visiting you in Mountjoy"... She doesn't really get the internet. :D

ah sure the crater lol my mother would be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

That show on 98fm is about to start.

Not on yet prob will be on after 11

link to stream that radio please when it airs

Hi guys first time psychic virgin here been reading this thread or days

im going to watch first time tonight how should i prepare

If its sue get yourself a pile ring

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭squonk

Grab a laptop/tablet, turn on TV3, turn up the volume, scoot over to this forum, sit back and relax! That should do it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

squonk wrote: »

Grab a laptop/tablet, turn on TV3, turn up the volume, scoot over to this forum, sit back and relax! That should do it!!

Few beverages, with M&Ms or Doritos (Sharing pack) and relax :)

• Advertisement

Few beverages, with M&Ms or Doritos (Sharing pack) and relax :)

dont forget the coke 4 cans for 1.50 in dealz lol :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement