Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filming Children - Rules

Options
  • 24-06-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before.

What are the rules regarding filming children, particularly for documentaries? I've taken a look at the arts councils guidelines about it and it seems to be fine to film without consent in public and semi-public (with owner/organisers permission) but then later there's a page about 'good practice' being to ask for consent.

I'm asking specifically for a shoot at a semi-public event where I'll be taking most of the footage for my own documentary, but some will be put together into a short video for the organisers of the event.

I'm under the impression that both are ok, but the documentary would be a more 'acceptable' reason for filming involving children? I have no idea how many will be there, and asking fifty parents for consent would be a bit counter-productive.

Here are the arts council guidelines - http://www.artscouncil.ie/Publications/Guidelines.pdf

Advertisement