Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion question.

Options
  • 24-06-2012 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. My immersion element is no longer working. When it comes on at night it shorts the switch and turns off a couple of other things with it. So, now i keep that switched off and use the boost element for an hour or so late at night instead. The two elements are going into the side of the boiler. How much should i pay to have this fixed and could someone recommend a sparks on here? Thanks in advance. Btw, i'm on the northside of Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The element will be about €25, or so. Allow about an hours labour to change it, so you'd be looking at about €100 + vat. That's assuming no complications, eg the tank splits...

Probably better to get a plumber to do it, although some electricians will do this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Thanks. Would the plumber do the whole job?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Yep typically do. This assumes the wiring in the house is in reasonable shape. Some might not want to touch it if the house is in need of a re-wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Thanks. House is ten years old. Off to the plumbing forum for me so.

Advertisement