Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM card got eaten

Options
  • 24-06-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I was withdrawing money yesterday and was waiting for my cash to come out and happened to not notice the prompt for me to remove my atm card from the slot (one of the really high up atms on o'connel street).

Because of this my card got sucked back into the machine and a notice flashed up on screen saying that the card had been retained.

The atm was an ulster bank one I think as the BOI ones were out of order at the time.

I was wondering what the best way to get a new card/get my card back would be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

The last time my card broke, with BOI too, i just rang 365 banking, answered a few details and they sent me a new one within 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

Hi, I was withdrawing money yesterday and was waiting for my cash to come out and happened to not notice the prompt for me to remove my atm card from the slot (one of the really high up atms on o'connel street).

Because of this my card got sucked back into the machine and a notice flashed up on screen saying that the card had been retained.

The atm was an ulster bank one I think as the BOI ones were out of order at the time.

I was wondering what the best way to get a new card/get my card back would be?

There are major issues with ulster bank at the moment which include intermittant technical issues with their online and atm banking. Best to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi XChaosStormX,

For security, cards captured or swallowed by ATMs are destroyed. You'll need to contact your branch or Banking365 to have a replacement card issued.

If you had a Laser card, it will now be replaced with a Visa Debit card. This may take 6-8 working days to be posted to the address on your account. You can call into any Bank of Ireland branch with photo ID to withdraw funds in the meantime.

If you have any other queries please feel free to ask.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 4 XChaosStormX

Cheers thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Just a heads up, ATM ate my card a couple of months back and BOI had the cheek to try and charge me 5.95 or something to replace it.

Stick to your guns and tell them you're not paying as it was beyond your control. I did

• Advertisement
Advertisement