Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing dried in Holts tar remover

• 24-06-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi.
    Months back I used 'Holts tar and spot remover spray' to remove tar spots from my car, after washing it. It was a hot day and I did more of it at a time than I maybe should have.:eek:
    Anyway it removed the tar alright but the mix dried into/onto the paintwork on the door panels. At the time, or some time after, I used petrol and a rag to remove the stuff. It took a lot of pressure to clean it but it worked fine.:) That was one side.
    Today I tried doing the other side the same way but to no effect. It's just left grey dried in swirls of the stuff all over. Any one any ideas? Thanks
    C I.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

spray on more tar remover just dont let it dry in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I did mine. Used plenty of the remover, kept it from drying then shampooed it off straight away.
    Tar remover should clear it off but don't do it on a very warm day and wash it away quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

T-Cut

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Craggy Island

Thanks for replies. I used the same tar remover today after washing it. I did a small area at a time and immediately washed it off (asit was a warm day). It removed all the recent tar spots but the stuff from before seems to be well bedded in. I used a rag and petrol with a lot of pressure on a tiny area. Didn't shift a bit of it.

What is T-cut. I've heard of it I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Thanks for replies. I used the same tar remover today after washing it. I did a small area at a time and immediately washed it off (asit was a warm day). It removed all the recent tar spots but the stuff from before seems to be well bedded in. I used a rag and petrol with a lot of pressure on a tiny area. Didn't shift a bit of it.

What is T-cut. I've heard of it I think.

http://www.t-cut.co.uk/index.cfm?page=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Hi ive used this on cars in the past and its excellant at removing tar http://www.cleancar.ie/autosmarttardistarremover-5litre.html just spray on and rub off with cloth or damp spunge..results are unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Craggy Island

Thanks Lad12. Seems like I need something with a bit more of a bite like this to get this stuff off. I assume its fully safe for the paintwork too:). The car's paintwork is perfect underneath. Its a shame not to have it looking its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Thanks Lad12. Seems like I need something with a bit more of a bite like this to get this stuff off. I assume its fully safe for the paintwork too:). The car's paintwork is perfect underneath. Its a shame not to have it looking its best.
    Yep ive used this on two cars and a van..results are unreal..used on alloys n all..even on a black car the results are greats..tar just runs off it..no damage to my paint work anyways..car looks great after it

Advertisement